“Great Value and service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Value and service”
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This is a great hotel for families! We stayed there over Labor day weekend with our 1 year old and 2 and a half year old. I booked our room online 2 days before our trip, a king bed standard room for $97.90. When we arrived saturday evening after a long day at Sea world, the man at the desk gave us a $10 dollar discount right away. We thought that was very nice and took our things up to the room. We walked in and discovered that he had also upgraded us to a suite complete with a full kitchen, living area, king bed, and two televisions. We were shocked and very grateful because it made travelling with toddlers so much more comfortable. The room was clean and the countertops in the kitchen and bathroom were granite, (or at least i'm pretty sure they were). The only problem we had was that a large family with kids stayed above us and they ran around their room until 2:30 in the morning. But we were all too tired to care. I am from ontario and it felt so good to be treated so well at home. This homewood suites is the only hotel we will stay at during our vacations and we plan on staying their again soon.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I spent 4 days for business at this Homewood Suites and found it to be typical of other Homewood Suites that I have stayed at. This hotel is extremely clean. It was very evident that the housekeeping staff takes great pride in maintaining a clean hotel. Raymond at the front desk was very helpful in arranging transportation to the airport.

Pros:
Great location, close to Ontario Airport, Ontario Mills Mall, and within an hour of Disney, and L.A.
There are also numerous restaurants close by.
Very clean!

Cons:
Rooms are starting to show some wear. The carpet was frayed in the bathroom doorway in my room.
No shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Stayed at Homewood Suites Rancho Cucamonga for two nights in August. Very nice hotel. Looks to be fairly new, it is extremely clean, and in an excellent location. It is located right next door to the Hilton Garden Suites and the Courtyard by Marriott. Ontario Mills Mall is located right across the street and many restaurants are located within walking or a short driving distance including Famous Dave's. This Homewood Suites is competitively priced with both neighboring hotels and offers an excellent breakfast buffet. Without a doubt, I would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Good family hotel and value. Close to major Highway. Close to a major shopping mall.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 24 July 2010

They gave away my ROOM and I am a Hilton Honors member (OK only silver, but still)! Planned a trip with my son for his 18th birthday. He lives with his dad in NC and I only get to see him a few weeks in the summer (this is our last summer before he joins the military) so we take a 6 hour roadtrip to California only to get there and find out they gave away our two queen bed suite and instead had two studio rooms for us. I told them I felt uncomfortable leaving my son in a room on his own as he would likely end up running around. My son was very excited about this idea and I was explaining we really needed the room we reserved or at least connecting rooms so I can keep an eye on him. It was starting to cause a scene in the lobby so I took the two rooms. What choice did I have at that point after all that driving and this time of night?

NOPE..... best they could do was try to call another hotel. I was thinking.... I spent hours looking for a suite room with an outdoor pool where we could hang out and spend time together and I know there is nothing comparable around. I end up going to my single studio room, calling the 800 number and even though the rep was nice and tried to help, my cell phone died before he had any resolution (he was looking for the "other" two bedded suite room).

I recently stayed at a Hilton property in Irvine where they made me wait three hours to change rooms on Sunday because my rate changed and I had to move only to find out another person at my conference who had the same conference rate was in my old room! But here at Homewood Suites, they just give away my room with no care. I am upset because it is hard enough trying to bond with an 18 year old son and working so hard to make this time special only to again be blown off by Hilton.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
howardjt83, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because vacations are very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year when we visited the US and loved it so much, we stayed again on our recent holiday in June! It's such a comfortable hotel that provides everything you need.

We received a very warm welcome upon our arrival and it was no problem that we checked in early. The front-of-house staff were always very friendly and more than helpful. The room was exceptionally clean and more than comfortable. Actually, the bed is one of the most comfortable that we've ever slept in and wish we could have taken it home!

The hotel provides breakfast daily, as well as dinner Monday - Thursday. It's great starting the day with a really yummy breakfast and everything you could think of eating was provided. Dinner was the same. Exceptional!

The hotel is located across the road from a shopping mall and various restaurants which just makes the location another positive draw-card.

If you're staying in Rancho Cucamonga, stay at this hotel. Everyone from the cleaning staff to the front-of-house staff, make the stay enjoyable. We can't recommend it highly enough!

Jaqueline A and Jason S

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 July 2010

To start off with, we stayed at 3 different Hilton brand properties in CA this past week. I can’t help but to compare and contrast them. This is the hotel we stayed at the last night of our trip.

We were looking for a hotel to spend one night in before flying out of Ontario airport the next morning and wanted a suite style room, so the baby could sleep in one room while we stayed up later in the other. We got a one bedroom, king room. The full kitchen is always nice, but really would have been more important if we were staying longer. In general the room was kind of small and is showing some age, but things were still clean and comfortable.

The staff brought up a portable crib for the baby, which I set up in the living area. I had to ask for a sheet for it. Both the living room and bedroom had TVs (older style – not flat screens), which are nice to have. The bathroom is inside the bedroom area, which worked fine since the baby was sleeping in the living area, but would have been a pain if it was a room with two queens (and older kids) instead. The sinks and the lights above are completely open to the bedroom, while the toilet and tub/shower are in a separate room.

The a/c to the room was completely shut off when we arrived. It was toasty warm since it was in the 90’s outside.

Normally we love the Homewood full breakfast and that is our highlight. Unfortunately, we had to leave for the airport right at 6am and completely missed out.

The location of the property is great – near enough to the airport and right across from the Ontario Mills mall and plenty of good resturants.

The staff at the front desk was super helpful. The room rate was the most reasonable we paid all week in CA.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#7 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!