“convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed here 3 nights while travelling to Southern California for business and the location was good for my needs. The room was all right and it was clean and comfortable. The hotel was fairly quiet which is important to me when I travel. Value wise this was better than some other Holiday Inn Express locations I've stayed at. I would have no issues staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here one night for business trip. The hotel itself is nice. I really enjoyed that it was walking distance to a large local mall (Ontario Mills) as well as several great restaurants. I understand a few of the other reviews of the staff being "depressed" -- while the desk clerk was helpful, he was by no means the freindliest upbeat type that make a stay more pleasant.

The room was just "ok". The air conditioner is noisy (although about the same as most Express hotels I've been in). The bed was NOT among the most comfortable I've had -- seemed a bit lumpy. And finally, the desk chair definately was about the worst I've seen -- the seat is very uncomfortable and adjusts only about 2" up or down -- at it's top position it is WAY too low to sit comfortably at the desk to get a litte work done.

The breakfast selection was very good -- hot cinnamon rolls, pancakes, plain omelettes, sausage, biscuits. They also had muffins, but they were very cold with no way to heat them up.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times now, and always had a great stay, the rooms are really spacious and comfortable, I always end up with a suite here and it's also got a nice heated pool and jacuzzi. Also in a nice neighbourhood, very quiet, with plenty of local restaurants nearby and easy distance to the Ontaio Mills Mall.
Breakfast is above average, hot and cold dishes, only downside is it's all plastic plates and cutlery (understandable), but Pia, who manages breakfast (she's British) is great.
Definitely recommend for good value.

Room Tip: Rooms are above average size and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Upon checking out I paid in cash and I was asked for an ID. The front desk person, ALSO in charge of housekeeping and ALSO the person in charge of the hotel that weekend made a copy of my drivers license and stated that it was hotel's policy to make a copy of my ID. I am very concern and upset as to why she would to make a copy of my drivers license. I been a priority club member for the last 10 years and this is the first time in all that time that I been staying with Holiday Inn that I have been asked for my ID upon checking out. All that for been a club member. I am very concerned for the security of my personal information. I do not understand why would she be asking for my ID and made a copy when I made my reservation online and ALSO m provided my credit card and drivers license upon checking in. All my information was verified upon checking in. The front desk person who checked me out, also head of housekeeping, AND person in charge of hotel that weekend, insisted that it was hotel policy and it was the owner's decision. I was not comfortable leaving a copy of my drivers license with a person who was handling 3 different job positions that weekend. Poor customer service. Poor management. Front desk person did not care for my concerns. Hotel Manager was out for the weekend. After leaving numerous voice mails and an e-mail to the GM of the hotel,Keisha Jones, I finally received a call back. General manager was not concerned at all and did not care as to my issue. She stated it did not matter if I was priority club member, all were treated the same. She refused to direct me to a higher up and stated that if I called corporate I was going to be directed back to her. All final decisions of the hotel was hers. Very bad experience with front desk staff and management. We will never stay here again and I will cancel my club membership.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Anonymous728AZ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Anonymous728AZ,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We appreciate all feedback from our valued guests, specially from Priority Club members like you. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience our hotel policy had caused you and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers and I assure you that all guest information in our database are kept confidential. We value your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Rather than a destination that is fun to stay at...this attractive property barely makes the grade of average.
The staff seems so stiff, mechanical and depressed.
This is an excellent property, with a terrific assortment of options within easy walking distance. Yet, it falls way, way short on giving the guest a warm and genuine caring attitude. The front desk "mentions" that I have stayed here before and I am a platinum priority club member...but there's no feeling behind it. It's more like, "Hell, I don't care who you are. I was told to say these things. I did. So what's the beef?"
I will stay here once more...but if I don't see an attitude change in the staff...I will be my last stay.
I don't like spending the night with the "living dead".

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear pestpilot,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize if you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I called the front desk to get a light bulb replaced and the young man who came to our room was very quick and friendly. They definitely took great care of us. Our room was very clean and just what we had asked for. We enjoyed the breakfast. Very nice breakfast hostess. Nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel four times in total, but on our recent stay we had an issue with payment.
We requested to pay cash which we did on our departure bet our credit card was charged as well we now have all sorts of problems with refund.
Good hotel but bad experience with staff and management. We will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear tonyi132,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#7 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall? Share your experiences!