“Beautiful Hotel, but cigarette smoke ruined it for me.”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel, but cigarette smoke ruined it for me.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Pros: New hotel, comfortable beds, nice decor, great staff, very clean, easy access off of highway, free valet parking, excellent spa, nice pool area, food was good from both room service and from the steak house. Room was quiet.
Cons: If you are allergic to cigarette smoke, as my daughter and I are, do not stay here. The reception and front entrance are connected to the casino. The smell of smoke (which the hotel tries to mask with fragrance at the front doors) carries through to the hotel hallways as well as the restaurants, where it affected me at the steakhouse so much I barely ate my meal. There are mini fridges in rooms, but NO coffee makers!
Summary: Great place if you don't have smoke allergies, asthma and are kid free.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Yucaipa, California, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The rooms are beautiful...the bathroom is OMG beautiful. From the moment you arrive, you are treated special. They even had my name on the phone in our room. The view was awesome. We got to see a perfect sunset over the mountains. The whole wall was windows. My only issue with that is that the windows were filthy but still, we loved the view. They turned down our bed at night and put chocolates on our pillows. We won big in the casino and had a nice dinner at one of the restaurants. We ordered room service for breakfast that was amazing. They brang it up in a cart that kept everything nice and hot. I would definitely recommend a stay at Agua Caliente. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lori D
North Hills CA
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night when The Moody Blues were at The Show. That venue is one of the best around. The seats are very comfortable and the sound is great. We arrived after travelling down to the desert about 1:30pm and were quite surprised and very pleased that when we checked in, we got the keys to the room with no early check-in fee charged. Eduardo was the young man at the Front Desk and he was so personable and professional, that he made the check in a breeze. He is definitely the 'friendly face' you want to welcome you after a long road trip and not get a hassle about checking in early. The rooms are the best. Squeaky clean and spacious. The beds are very comfy with lots of pillows. There is a refrigerator and a safe in the room. Even the hallways are well tended, bright and clean. This is the second time we stayed here, the first was last year to see Crosby, Stills and Nash at The Show and we loved it then, so we had no hesitation about coming back. This time around, it did not disappoint, and we definitely will be back again. This is now our "go to" place for a getaway for a show and a sleep over. We ate at WatersCafe, had pastry from Java Cafe which was fresh and tasty and dinner at the Steakhouse, where the meal was excellent. Salmon and petit filet mignon were prepared to perfection. All of the servers we encountered were very attentive and friendly. The self park was well lit and very clean. It was easy to navigate in and out. It is a wonderful hotel. Didn't gamble at the casino, because it was really crowded at the tables, but it was a Saturday night and we passed through right after the concert. Did notice that the minimum hand for regular Blackjack was $15. Mexican Blackjack was $10, but we were unfamiliar with that table game. Surprisingly, it wasn't as smoke filled as we remembered from our last visit. Overall it is a great place, clean and friendly. Definitely will be back again!

Room Tip: Book your room early and ask for a view or to be near the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beary B
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here on a trip from SF to Tucson and had an amazing time. I had always driven by it on my way home from school and it seemed like a nice place, finally spent a night here and was not disapointed. Got a great rate on my room, and was pretty impressed by the size of it and the new flat screen. It's a pretty large property and seems pretty well maintained. It's always fun staying in Casinos because it's such a different atmosphere than your typical hotel. My only gripe the entire night that the restaraunt I ate at just by the elevators was not very good and an expensive meal. Kind of my fault I guess because I just picked the first thing I saw, but I'm sure there are better options at the hotel, that was just my experience. I would reccommend this place to anyone, its right off the freeway and everyone is very friendly.

Room Tip: Even entry level rooms are relatively big and nice amenities
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sarah l
Astoria oregon
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful spacious upgrade Las Vegas style casino. Attracts sophisticated crowd. Buffet closed Tuesdays and Thurdays, but many other restaurants including cafe, an inviting bar and a Steakhouse with out of door, seating in the casino area. Veru much like in the big city strip hotels.
Relaxing and enjoyable. This attracts local as well as guests from out of the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Journeyman644
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Fantastic service, superb rooms great place with an awesome pool cheap drinks what more can you ask for?? Great lounge with dancing, free parking, near freeway with no noise. The rooms are amazing for the rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on end away from elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GMLOMALODGE
Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Oversized, modern, clean rooms... Plush beds, lots of power outlets, friendly staff, huge bathrooms... And that's just the standard room. Great pool too! If you check out their entertainment roster you'll notice they have not only a great lineup, but the venue "The Show" is stunning! Sign up for the rewards club and get lots of free stuff too!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
#44 of 73 in Palm Springs
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,456 reviews

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!