“A very nice casino hotel.”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel room was quite large and very clean. The bathroom was large and well lighted. Pool area was adequate and exercise room had a range of machines. Breakfast was ok, but not exceptional. Hotel is a 4.5.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a hotel room with two queen size beds. I was really impressed with how large and spacious the room was. It was very clean with nice amenities. The pool area is very large and has a relaxing atmosphere. We weren't in the casino too much, but I immediately noticed the casino floor isn't nearly as smoky as most which was a huge plus. Nice location; right off of the main interstate. We will be back when we're back in the Palm Springs area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights while visiting family.We were very pleased. Parking was well marked and free. We were impressed with the large, nicely furnished room. Great view of the mountains. Housekeeping was excellent and provides turn down services. The pool is large with prompt bar service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cm1899
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had a layover in Palm Springs and decided to check out Agua Caliente. The rooms were too expensive for me $400+ but i did spend time in the casino. Good atmosphere, new machines. The casino is on the small side, but has everything you need

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 4amigosCleveland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After reading some of the reviews, my partner and I though we would give it a shot and we stayed for 4 days. First off, Valet is free, fast and efficient. I just call from my room to have my car brought up. when I got there it was already waiting for me. After they gave me my keys they always asked if I needed directions. Some of the reviews have complained about their valet service and I think I know why. When they take your car they give you a ticket. Well if you don't have your ticket they just can't randomly give you a car. A couple of guest we having this issue and we getting mad at the valet. People don't understand that it will be a long process to verify that that car is yours with security. So if you lose your ticket plan on waiting a bit but keep in mind they are just trying to do their job, it's your fault anyway for losing your ticket, just suck it up.

Next the staff as a whole. Everyone was so friendly there. From the front desk, restaurant and bar, all they way to the maid service, it was all 4 stars. Sometimes going to casinos you can tell that the dealers at the tables really don't want to be there. Not the case here. Every table I went to, we all had great conversations, so it eased the pain of me losing but for the note I did bring home more then I took to gamble with.

For my room, I stayed in a few casinos and my room would put them to shame. I got one with a balcony. I was expecting a tiny little thing but BOY, that balcony was HUGE. 2 thumbs up. Every night we sat on the balcony having drinks and watching the sun set. Initially we were going to go stay at the Hard Rock but my partner likes to take baths. Hard Rock has a bath/show where here you get a separate huge bath and a separate shower. You need to be careful because the water can get very HOT.

They only bad thing on the trip was the bartender by the pool. Don't get me wrong she was every nice and friendly, she left the condiment try open and flys were landing on the limes and cherry's. So we went back inside, which was fine since we made friends with the bartenders at the bar and it was happy hour. By the way, the food is so good and not to expensive. Not one thing we ate was bad.

Overall I plan on staying there again. Every hotel has a signature smell to it and I really like theirs. To me it smelled very clean. I didn't need a gas mask. I really liked it. Yes it was further from Palms Spring then we wanted but it was worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, try to get a higher floor if you want a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joey S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I went there on a spare of the moment kinda thing and we where so pleasantly surprised. The people that work there are really interested in how your stay is, it was some of the service I have ever received, and the rooms are super clean and much bigger than I expected. I highly recommend staying here. We had so much fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. The view is amazing
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I got stuck in the Palm Springs area and decided to see if Agua had a room, which they did. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened my room door. The room rivals most high priced Vegas rooms, and mine had a spectacular view of the snow covered mountains. Highly, highly recommend. I will be back...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!