“Beautiful hotel, problems with customer service at front desk”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indian wells
“Beautiful hotel, problems with customer service at front desk”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very pretty casino resort hotel. Nice rooms. Stayed several times. Every time, front desk is incompetent. One manager, Erin, is as slow and unhelpful as rest of unfriendly front desk staff. No one seems to know anything or able to help. On the other side, all the restaurants are great with great/friendly/nice staff. In the buffet, Cheng is the nicest server we've ever met anywhere. Casino is nice but they could use a better air freshening system. Pool area is beautiful and the hotel is close to The River shopping/dining. I'd Highly recommend it overall as it's a nice fun place to stay in the desert.

• Stayed June 2014
MarkA629, Director of Hotel Operations at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello Mrs. L.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Agua Caliente. I do apologize for the lack of service you had received in regard to your experience at the front desk; I would like you to know that our staff is committed to continuous improvement and it is feedback such as this that helps us improve on operations. Thank you so much for recommending our property to other guests – we certainly appreciate that! All the best…

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in a pet-friendly room, with no pet! I did not detect any pet odor in the room. The pillows were clean and fresh. It was a very nice room and I would definitely return! My only complaint is that there is no coffee maker in the room. Coffee is available on the casino floor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkA629, Director of Hotel Operations at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Jewelty123,
Thank you for your review – we sincerely appreciate your time and involvement. Our housekeeping team is amazing and their goal is to provide an immaculately clean room to every guest, every time. Just a reminder that although we only provide coffee pots in our suites, our room service staff is ready to provide the same delicious coffee provided from our in-house coffee shop Java Caliente if you prefer to enjoy from the comfort of your room. We are so happy that you chose Agua Caliente and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here for the first time. Everything was great and check-in took 10 minutes. Rooms are big and super clean. I was impressed with the staff and cleanliness of the casino. Waters Cafe had good food and happy hour.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Your kind words and review are very much appreciated – thank you so much for visiting and we definitely look forward to your next trip. From the staff here at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, we wish you all the best.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travel back and forth from Arizona to California a lot. This is my go to hotel when I am making my 6 hour long drive. It is situated directly off the 10 fwy off of Bob Hope Dr. It's about a 15-20 min drive to get to the Cabazon Premium Outlets. It's a fun hotel to stay at. We normally stay in the suite rooms when staying at this hotel.

Rooms:

Very Clean and comfortable beds. The decor is very modern and sophisticated. It reminds me of hotels in Vegas. It has dark wood decor and a mounted flat screen TV. I like that it has a minimal look to it.

Bathroom:

Standup dual head shower, clean and spacious bathroom. It has dual sinks one has a vanity so its perfect for the ladies to get ready at. Giant stand alone tub perfect to soak and relax in. Very clean white towels.

Living Room:

Very spacious with a comfortable couches to lounge and watch TV in. They do have movies that you can rent.

Pool:

Is nice, they have lounge areas that you can just sit and relax. One big pool and a jacuzzi to the right of the pool. Plenty of sun bathing chairs to lay out on.

Overall, definitely a nice and relaxing hotel to stay at especially from a long drive through the desert. A clean shower, comfortable bed, good places to eat inside of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkA629, Director of Hotel Operations at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Audrey R.
We are so fortunate that you have found us as your oasis in regard to all your traveling back and forth to Arizona. Thank you for the glowing review; something I think will truly convey the image of our facility to future guests. Thank you for choosing Agua Caliente; travel safe and we wish you all the best!
Redondo Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for a Girls' Weekend and had a wonderful time! The rooms are big, clean, modern, and well-kept. The bathrooms are huge. I had a great time here and I think my friends were equally impressed as well. I did think check-in could have been better. I arrived at 3:30pm and there was no one waiting at check-in and they took my credit card information and they asked me to come back at 4pm (time of actual check-in). I had to wait in a longer line at 4pm and probably waited about 15 minutes before getting a room assigned to me. The staff was pleasant and courteous, but I think check-in could go smoother and faster. I tried WatersCafe, the coffee shop, and the Buffet. I wasn't impressed by their dinner buffet. I didn't think it was worth $25, but our waiter was very nice and attentive. I wasn't able to check-out with the television, but a call to the front desk fixed that easily. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MarkA629, Director of Hotel Operations at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear threekitkats,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in detail of our luxurious guest rooms, restaurants, and service. We are always seeking ways to improve the quality of our service and operations so your feedback is invaluable to us. We are definitely looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here two nights and everything was great! This Hotel is very well kept and clean. The room itself was very nice and spacious. There is a casino available on the first floor as well small nice shops. We visited the cafe and it was delicious. The pool was also fun. Although, there was a party going on that Friday night we were there and it was loud. We could hear the dj all the way up to our room and we were on the fourth floor. But we didnt mind much. Other than that, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool area tend to hear more of the party noise going on Friday nights.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Laura A.
We are thrilled you were able to enjoy much of what we have to offer; gaming, restaurants, retail outlets, and our amazing guest rooms. Your kind words are much appreciated and we certainly look forward to having you back with us to enjoy everything Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa has to offer.
Irvine, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend at the end of June. The hotel is nice. The rooms are huge, with a huge bathroom with soaking tub and rain shower. Bed is comfortable and decor is modern.

Check in seemed a little disorganized. Waited in line for 25 minutes with only 3 other people/parties checking in ahead of me. I think they had like 2 people working the front desk on a Friday night around 5 PM. When I finally got to the desk it took about 10 mins to check me in (don't know what they were doing).

We were there for a birthday weekend and rented a cabana by the pool. They are nice and worth it if you plan on staying by the pool all day. Fridge and TV in the cabana and misters outside. I didn't get her name but the server that help us all day was fantastic.

As for the casino, it's so so. Definitely think they can make that better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ric H.
Thank you so much for your review of our property and for sharing your experience. It sounds like your check in time exceeded that of average and for that we do apologize; we are always committed to improving all aspects of service and we will take your experience into consideration. It is great you were able to reserve and utilize one of our cabanas – I’m sure this added to your enjoyment of our pool and facilities. We look forward to having you back with us once again, thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!