“Great little Italian Bistro” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rancho Mirage, California
“Great little Italian Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I live in Rancho Mirage and just discovered D'Carlos. This is a small bistro with good traditional Italian food. You can seldom go wrong with spaghetti and meatballs. We liked it. The house red wine was surprisingly good, and the glass was filled to the brim. We shall return there. I liked it. Sometimes, little bistros have an off night, that's part of the fun, but not the night i was there.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank palmjumper

Palm Desert, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I refuse to give my money to this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've been going to De'Carlos since it was De'Carlos. Used to be Mario's. I always ordered the same two dishes to go. The portions were good for two people. Then today, Jan. 2, 2013 I went in there and they gave me half the normal amount I get. I asked the manager what is this? He said I'm mistaken and the cooks probably put the order in the wrong size in the past. Touche manager. I always got the same size. They tried to charge me 15 dollars!!! For a bowl worth of pasta! They are cutting their portions and still charge the same price. You know what happens to businesses that do that? They go out of business. I will be posting this on all the sites where their shop is reviewed. Most of their food stinks for Italian, that and the owner isn't even Italian, but the two dishes I got were good, but for that price. I'll go to Olive Garden and get a free salad! You lose De'Carlos! Your Carbonara tastes like Spam!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BenSch33
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“The "Locals" Place You Should Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

The "Fam" just got back from another vacation to the Palm Springs area. We went back twice (in 5 days) to this restaurant. I had the lobster curry and the wife had the osso buco each time. Why mess with perfection! They've got really good food and know how to fill a wine glass!!!

I also recommend any type of pizza and fried cheese for an appetizer.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Great local Italian spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

This spot is unassuming by its location, but is a great place! Located in a strip center you would have no idea of the food they produce. An extensive italian menu is available as well as pizza. The pizza uses fresh ingredients and is to die for! The pasta dishes are huge and delicious. This has become the favorite Italian of me and my friends! Service is great and friendly!

• Visited November 2012
poway
“A Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

D'Carlos was actually recommended to my parents who live in Indian Wells by someone in Seattle, Wa. My parents tried it a couple times and were satisfied- good food, fair pricing- however this past weekend my parents brought our entire family to the restaurant and what a DISASTER. We probably should have left when immediately after being seated everyone around us was returning their food and or complaining- but we didn't- Our server was possibly one of the worst servers in the desert-not only did we give our order and never see her again- we were never offered refills of water or wine? We had to return things to the owner for correction as the server took our order and never showed up again- the food was mediocre at best- cold pasta, tough shrimp, The owner was running around the restaurant with sweat dripping down his face. It was apparent things were not going well for us and sadly never addressed our table. Other tables were complaining they had run out of pizza dough (this was a Saturday night at about 7 pm???) and others were returning their food as it was cold too. Our table was making a best effort to enjoy the company of one another as this was a family reunion with none of us living close. UGH! The meal was not cheap, food okay at best, and service HORRIBLE. Although my parents have been here previously- they may in fact not return. There is no excuse in this economy for poor servers-or kitchen workers( as I would guess something horrible had happened in the kitchen that night). Upon paying our meal we waited around to speak to the owner but he never came back out front. I personally would not return- there are many other restaurants in the desert to choose from.

• Visited October 2012