“Very good seafood but QUIRKY policy!!!”
Review of The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very good seafood but QUIRKY policy!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

25+ senior tennis players and wives went here Tuesday, March 18. The service was very good in spite of our large numbers. The food choice was excellent and the taste fine. But here is the bizarre part: WHY WHY WHY would the manager come chastise our group for getting drinks at happy hour prices in the bar and bringing them to the outdoor tables?) I should mention the bar was packed with no place to sit, but that isn't even the point.) There should NEVER be a happy hour price inside and regular price outside the bar. It simply alienates the customers before they even place a food order. We are a group who spent hundreds of dollars but feel like we will not go back because of their ignorant, polarizing policy. Ridiculous.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Racketo

Palm Desert, CA
“Formulaic”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Seriously: 4 out of 5 stars? They must hire people to write good reviews. I think people who go at night have a better experience than perhaps lunchers do. At lunch, the restaurant is dingy and dark, and the 80's called and want their decor back! The food is basic, at best. The "soup" and salad special offered one "soup:" chowder, and that was it. It came glutonous in a little cup, lukewarm, ick. The salad was on one of those petal-shaped plates and was also basic: open a bag, place one - and only one! - little cherry tomato on the side. Nary a bit of actual cheese was found in my blue "cheese" dressing. I had a great time with my friends. But there were very few folks joining us there when places like Sherman's is packed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LovingPD
Farmington, New Mexico
“Good Atmosphere, Food & Service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Six of us dined here on a Friday evening. The place was packed and we had a short wait, but not as long as we anticipated.

Despite the crowd, our waiter, who was obviously working hard and fast, was cheerful and courteous. We were promptly provided with menus, and as soon as we appeared ready to order our waiter was poised to write.

The menu says they serve fresh fish "when possible". I ordered the grilled salmon, but our waiter couldn't say for sure if it was fresh. It was advertised a wild caught, which is important to me.

In any event, the salmon was prepared very nicely, and seemed to be fresh. Whether it was or not, it was tasty.

Another in our party ordered mahi mahi, and said that it was excellent.

After the place quieted down a bit, our waiter accommodated our request for some photos, and was gracious throughout the course of the evening.

The Crab Pot is on our list of restaurants to return to.

1 Thank Tom O
Palm springs
“Ugh”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the worst service I've ever had...and I've been around a few years. We asked for water no less than a half dozen times, things came out piecemeal...my food was sent back, and a new order never arrived. Do yourself a favor...go somewhere else!

1 Thank Diane T
franklin park,nj
“Pass On By”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Responded to a newspaper ad featuring lunch specials and figured we were going for a nice seafood meal.Knew we were in trouble when the menu offered everything from pizza to turkey.We were there for seafood and ordered the fish & chips.Came served in a small basket instead of a plate but I figured O.K. we'll make the best of it.When I cut off a piece of the fish discovered it was 90% breading & 10% fish.At least the fries were hot and they did have malt vinegar.Also $4.00 for a glass of lemonade is ridiculous.When will they learn that to offer these specials and then cut corners only mean that you won't be back....

1 Thank robert s