“Very reasonable place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Spent two nights here over Memorial Day weekend. The GM (Peter) assisted me with the reservations, and his service was outstanding. The rest of the staff that I interacted with was also very good. Not as memorable as Peter, but perhaps that's to be expected. We had a nice room, on the first floor a King Suite with a pullout couch. Enough room for everyone, including my newborn daughter with her pack-n-play all set up.

I did think that the in-room AC unit wasn't fantastic - it was loud and hard to get a comfortable temp. Either WAY TOO COLD or not cold enough. I'm sure that this was a carry-over from the previous outfit, as this hotel used to be a part of the Radisson family of hotels - we stayed here once before.

My other gripe was the schedule for the TV - my room did not have a channel guide, and when I got one from the front desk, it was far from accurate. The gent at the desk did know which channel was CNN, and that's what I really wanted anyway...

The Holiday Inn breakfast is certainly a selling point - consistently good food as far as I am concerned. The breakfast room is a bit small for as many rooms as the hotel has.

The location next to The River shopping center in Rancho Mirage is also great because of the restaurants located there. There is a new Old Spaghetti Factory across the street too.

For what we paid, I'd consider this hotel again because of the location and good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear David M,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Another wonderful weekend at this property. Warm and welcoming staff. Clean and up to date rooms. You just cant ask for anything more. Raquel, and Daniel exceptional customer service. I wish to personally thank Mr. Perter Morales (GM) for his great efforts in managing such a great property!!!!

Room Tip: Head over to Babes (walking distance) for a great dinner BBQ is the best!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We had to stay here rather than at our go-to place, the Embassy Suites in La Quinta (this was Stagecoach country music festival weekend, which made for some fun people watching, but full hotels). This Holiday Inn appears to be a fairly new property. The location is good, right across from The River shopping center on the main highway. The room was good, the pool was refreshing (air temps were in the mid-100s), and the pool area was ok, if a little dirty from partyers the night before. The front desk folks were friendly. The free breakfast was adequate (please size the lids to your coffee cups correctly, so that your guest don't spill coffee on themselves as they sip through the lid).

There were some annoying issues though, which merit only an average rating. Wi-fi - OMG, s l o o o w. I finally just gave up. And the ice machine on our floor was out of service. Maybe this place was not as new as I thought. The bathroom had no ventilation. Oh, there was a vent cutout in the ceiling, but no fan, and no air circulation, so that the room steamed up immediately. Also, in the bathroom, the shower curtain rod was one of those curved rods, supposed to give you a feeling more room. It was either broken or not installed correctly, because it sagged, causing the shower curtain to droop toward the center of the tub area, pulling away from the head and foot of the tub area, and letting water splash onto the floor. As I checked out I did let the managers know about the last 2 issues, and they acknowledged them with a bit of a shrug.

So, in a pinch, I might stay here again, but I would not seek it out.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve_mcn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Steve_mcn,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased to read that you liked our location and you found our reception staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by the Wifi connection and room amenities' condition being sub par. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Pam G

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Located 20 mins drive from Downtown. Free parking. Rooms were spacious and clean, only criticism is that there was insufficient control over the fan speed of air con. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. There were restaurants and shops a few minutes walk away in the Riverside Shopping Plaza

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R064
Reviewed 8 April 2013

For the second year in a row we stayed in a hotel in the Rancho Mirage area over the Easter weekend (previously used Best Western) - this hotel was priced the same but was lacking in a number of ways (we used "points" on this visit). The hotel was fully booked so we were placed in the room right next to the laundry room - besides having to navigate around all the laundry carts we had a high pitched ringing in our room. When we complained we learned there was nothing they could do - it was a known issue that developed when they replaced the water pipes to the laundry room. Even without this issue the room was extremely dark with only one window in the bedroom - the sitting area had no natural light. The furniture was cheap and poor quality. The pool size is very small - appropriate for very young kids - preteen or teenagers would be frustrated by the size. Breakfast room and supply not sufficient for the number of guests in the hotel (juice needed to be refilled, pancake batter needed to be refilled, etc.). And for the first time staying in a hotel I noticed the quality of the toilet paper - it was cheap and poor quality.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 115 - it is next to the laundry room and has a constant ringing that will not go...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PJGreaves
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear PJGreaves,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, pool and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is just ok. needs some updating. we had gone in two weeks before to book our room (king suite) as we were staying for 5 days and wanted the extra room. asked for a top floor as I don't like people above me,when we got there found out we were on a bottom floor,was told I could change if I found I didn't like the room,hard to do when they are full. needless to say the floor above had a real squeak everytime someone walked across and the person above was very heavy footed. the staff were very nice and the place is close to lots.so has that going for it

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cznana
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear cznana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I have taken notes of your feedback and assure you that proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in March while playing in a tennis tournament. It fit our bill exactly as we needed to be in a central location . It is walking distance to The River complex that has many restauirants including the not to be missed Babes for barbecue and beer. Back to the Holiday Inn Express- It is a basic hotel, small property with about 80 rooms. My room had 2 queens, bed was very comfortable, separate room with a couch. Plenty of room for my clothes, plus a fridge,microwave and sink. I used the spa which was nice. There is also a pool. Free wifi, parking and full breakfast. I had a AAA discount and was upgraded to a suite. My only proplem was that for 4 days, my room key continuously became de magnetized. The staff at the front desk tried to help me by redoing the key but the problem persisted.. They were very gracious but it was frustrating when I could not get into my room. They did give us a $40 crecit for our trouble. It is not the Ritz Carlton but the is a great place to stay in Rancho Mirage area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Address: 71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92270-4496
Region: United States > California > California Desert > Greater Palm Springs > Rancho Mirage
#4 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Price Range: £64 - £289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area California Desert, CA