“Over prices under delivered”

Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #31 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Over prices under delivered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This was poor at best. Vegetables were overlooked, chicken was not fresh breast but frozen strips. Overall place seemed grubby and could use an update.

Visited April 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Drove by this place today and wanted to go in.... I went to a nearby store first and while there asked them about this place. They didn't have anything great to say about it and in fact told me of another place to go to. But thank goodness I decided to check it out for MYSELF. I had the shrimp tempura roll and the spicy tuna roll plus the unfiltered cold sake. The rolls were absolutely delicious!! The rice, the freshness and generous proportions and the plating was just perfect! now that is how you make sushi! I'm going back soon and we will try many dishes and rolls and sashimi and I am looking forward to it! I asked the people beside me what they had and they too RAVED!! very Creative are the chefs I loved the way they added some special nuances, sauces to the rolls.. EXCELLENT. The service was fast, it was happy hour starting at 5 so I recommend getting there at that time to get the best prices!

• Visited April 2014
Palm Desert, California
“Our families birthday spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Had our daughters sixteenth birthday dinner here. The food is always good and the chefs put on a great show.
Come for the "early bird" five course dinner. Plenty of food and the price's are decent.
It's our favorite "occasion" place to eat.

Northern California
“Quite a Show and Great Dinner Companions, Just Average Hibachi Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed a recent evening watching our cook, Tyron, put on quite a show preparing several different courses of Japanese syle Hibachi cooking. Not only was he a great cook, he was very entertaining. We met some great people at our table and enjoyed getting to know them. We ordered the chicken dinner with fried rice and it came with soup, salad, veggies and bean sprots. We have gone to several of these restaurants in our travels and we felt this one was good but the chicken was lacking in flavor. Oh well, overall we had a great time and would go back but maybe order something different.

Visited January 2014
The Northcoast
“Fun place and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had Christmas Day dinner here and what a treat. It was a fun place, the waiters were entertaining preparing the food in front of us, very friendly and the food was wonderful. A local family of six were also seated at our table. By the time the meal ended my sister-in-law and I were having our pictures taken with them like we were all family. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2013