“Great experience”

Kobe Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Price range: US$19 - US$55
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frank Sinatra
Description: Welcome!!! Exit bustling Highway 111, pass the waterfall, cross the red footbridge over the golden koi and enter the delightful world of Japanese dining at Kobe Japanese Steak House. Experience the excitement and distinctive flavors of our authentic Japanese teppan-yaki ("iron plate cooking"), prepared right at your table by knife-wielding chefs. Located in a replica of a Japanese country inn, Kobe is best known as the home of beautiful kimono-clad servers and the most talented teppan chefs in the desert, serving the highest quality and most flavorful beef, seafood and poultry available in Southern California.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I went for dinner the Sunday after Christmas. Excellent service and great food. The also have an early bird dinner from 5-6 pm and it's a good deal. I had the hibachi steak and chicken and it was delicious. The chef seasoned the food very well and the portions are adequate. There is also complementary valet parking. We will definitely return to this restaurant.

1  Thank ibaol

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I and my wife visited palm Spring in the mid of December.
We wanted to have nice steaks, so we choosed this restaurant.

When we enetered into the restaurant for the first impression the ambiance and atmosphere of the restaurant was ok.

The problem started when we had seen the sizes of our steak. We knew straight away it was not 10 oz. We asked the chef as well, who said it was around 6-7 oz. Therefore we called the manager to explain our problem. Unfortunatelly the young manager had no idea, that our order size how big should be. He wanted to give us 15% discount straight away, we did not accept that, because our aim was to let him know that all of the costumer had been fooled. He could not understand this. It was a very disapointing night, we would never reccomend anybody to visit this place.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this place last week, and this is the place to be. Everything was delightful. The Staff was friendly and attentive and our chef was spectacular, he had amazing skills. I will definitely come back

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Visited Kobe Friday evening and I really really enjoyed myself. Prices were slightly inflated but worth the price. I had the NY steak and prawns. I did not enjoy the flavour of the prawns cooked on the flat top however the steak was delicious. My friends enjoyed their chicken teriyaki.

I would definitely return, go as friends not as a date. It's loud (just the nature of the restaurant) but as a group.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have had teppen dining before. This is your typical teppen dining. Cocktails way over priced though. Chefs are very friendly service is good :)
Sushi is to die for.
Do not use the valet parking. It's like a 30 second walk. Don't know why they have it!

1  Thank Kirsty M