The hotel itself is not what you would expect of this wonderful luxury chain....it is modern, kind of common, nothing over the top (except for the view) to make a top destination. No golf course, tennis is on a private property not part of the hotel, the pools are nothing special. Now, we didn't stay there so I don't know how the rooms compare to other 5 stars......but the restaurant is, by far, the most disappointing of all. It looks like a cafeteria, all open, booths similar to diners...certainly not what you expect when you pay $75.00 per person for a buffet brunch. It includes 2 drinks (mimosa or bloody Marys) the shrimp are served one at a time on a small plate (you would have to go 6 times to get a full cocktail!) The main meal was lamb......which a lot of people don't care for (2 out of 4 in our party didn't)......the sauces with the lamb were yogurt with a almost imperceptible taste of mint and an ailloli...again not for every taste so most people end up with eggs and sausage for $75.00 per person! The norm is to be served an excellent prime rib but no trace of it anywhere! Selection of cheeses is fine and dessert as well (although the creme brulee I had was more than ordinary). Lots of staff hanging around but considering the price, I think that selections brought to the table would be more appropriate. Another rarety is that there is no place to park close by so you "Have" to use the valet......meaning that if you decide not to stay (after you know the price), you can't validate your ticket and have to pay for that too......I know the property just recently opened but dirty carpets in the lobby and in the dining room (I should say diner)!!!!!!......that is not the standard of a 5 stars by all means. We are world travellers who visited 78 countries, we own a house in Rancho Mirage and I am not going there to eat again......although maybe I'll go try their steakhouse when it opens in the fall but I'm afraid the baked potatoes to eat with your steak might tun out to cost $25.00! But being a good sport, it will deserve a visit because of the view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly enveloped within the Santa Rosa Mountain range, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage is located on a 650-foot bluff overlooking world-famous Palm Springs and the picturesque Coachella Valley. Our Palm Springs luxury hotel's accommodations include 244 guest rooms with 16 spacious suites, some of which are private spa suites. All are thoughtfully-designed to complement our desert mountain location by featuring natural elements of stone, wood and fire - which reflect the local landscape, hues and regional surroundings. At The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, amenity highlights include State Fare Bar & Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and featuring an exhibition kitchen, private dining room and multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas. A second restaurant, The Edge, serves aged steak and seafood cliffside with unparalleled views of the valley below. Further resort highlights include a luxurious, 24,000-square-foot spa, swimming and relaxation pools, and preferred access to some of the finest golf and tennis experiences at premier courses and clubs in the Palm Springs Valley. This exceptional Palm Springs hotel in California offers guests a true luxury desert experience, while providing convenient access to world-class shopping, dining, recreation and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Prestigia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage California Desert, CA