“Almost Perfect”

The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 10 July 2014

As a newly opened property there were a few misses as far as a full 5-star experience. Any concerns were met with a speedy remedy and I am confident that management will make the important adjustments that will earn this property an excellent rating on all fronts. The staff, from valet, to bellman, to pool and restaurant staff, to front desk and management are exceptional. They are friendly, engaging, hard working and were delightful to interact with. I have to say that some of the State Fare food is better than others. Kudos on the Prime Burger, Belgian Waffle, Flatbreads, and the French Toast. Best we've ever had and presentation was outstanding. Unfortunately I wasn't as wowed by the Scallops. We had a room with patio and firepit. That's the one to have, but add the valley view. One of our concerns was when patio misters and firepits were on. Once the misters go off, impossible to enjoy either the lounge/restaurant outdoor seating and your room private patio. I am certain they will find a mix that makes most, if not all, happy. We will definitely be back very soon!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Onthego077
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been visiting Palm Springs for years; typically for weekend getaways from our LA home. We have stayed at most of Palm Springs' upscale resorts like Parker and Viceroy. None have ever come close to delivering a true 5 star experience, both from a product and service perspective. From the moment we arrived we felt the genuinely warm welcome by all staff: valet offered to charge my electric car (to this day very few hotels offer this courtesy) and the front-office manager greeted our dog with a bandana that he personally tied to his collar. Public areas and room were spotless. Food in the restaurant was delicious and the young yet eager staff was trying very hard to please.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and will definitely be back. Finally a hotel in the desert able to deliver a true 5 star experience.

5  Thank Louis S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I went for opening weekend and had a blast. The location has great views of the valley. I had a mountain view room. It was very spacious. The bathroom was awesome. The tubs are up to my thigh. The pools are awesome. The family pool is pretty big and inviting with great food service. The kids program looked amazing, I want to bring my kids next time just for that! I can't wait to go back to Rancho Mirage.

Room Tip: The resort room with terrace or mountain view are my favorite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shauntel A
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had been wanting to come back to this newly re-opened Ritz as we used to stay here in the 80's. We decided my birthday would be a perfect time. We arrived in time for Sunday Brunch, had a perfect booth overlooking the pool area. Abundant Champagne and Bloody Mary's, very good food and service. A nice piece of chocolate cake presented to me as a "Happy Birthday."

Our room was very nice, great amenities, nice and clean just as you would expect. Staff could not have been more attentive. The burger and the Cobb Salad in State Fare were excellent.

We had other plans for my husband's birthday but he decided he would like to come back here so we will be back very soon!

3  Thank Spooker
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have stayed at a variety of very "high end" properties and the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage has managed to achieve an extremely difficult balance of highly professional, yet friendly staff. The management of this hotel have totally nailed such an important part of the experience.
The staff are neither too stuffy...or too friendly, just the perfect blend of friendly, accommodating and professional, a blend that made us feel welcome and relaxed. I have to say our stay was perfect and every single staff member we encountered were truly the best in the business.
Thank you...Chris, Brian, Greg, Edgar, Amy and Katey...you all rock!
The burgers in the State Fare Restaurant are worth the trip from Vancouver by themselves! We ate Lunch/Dinner 3 times during our stay and all three times both my husband and I ordered burgers (I rarely even eat burgers!)
We had a first floor room with our own private patio and misters, which makes this a perfect 10 in my world. Our room was spotless and fairly large, the property is really beautiful and the renovations make this a new, yet comfortably "mature" property. We will definitely 100% be back!

Room Tip: Garden View 1st Floor with Patio
4  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Haven't yet stayed here (I am a local) but State Fare Bar and Restaurant is wonderful! The service was outstanding, appetizers delicious (and interesting) and the prime burger is mind-blowing. The perfect bite over and over again. Can't wait until the weather cools down and I can experience some drinks on the beautiful patio. PS The staff graciously gave us a tour of the new hotel rooms. Beautiful!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank WayneBrock
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were staying in Palm Springs for a week and after having a delicious dinner at the Pacifica Seafood Restaurant in Palm Desert decided to drop in the newly opened Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage for a drink. We sat outside and took in the night sights of the resort. Excellent location in the hills overlooking the various towns in the Coachella Valley below. We enjoyed a glass of wine and a house vodka-tonic (Belvedere) for $38.88 including tax. Will be be back - next visit to the Palm Springs area, yes.

Room Tip: DId not stay the night.
2  Thank John I
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!