First off the good: the views from the property are breath taking. The staff was very friendly as well. After that... This is not Ritz worthy. This hotel is not a bad hotel but if you are used to staying at other Ritz Carlton properties it is likely to be a disappointment.
First off the HVAC system was all sorts of inadequate when we were there. We had adjoining rooms and one of them didn't have ac at all. Eventually they moved us to another room. I'm the new room we had issues like the lights wouldn't turn out the switch was faulty. Engineering came up and we asked for a fan as our room still felt warm. She told us they are assembling fans as quickly as they can because lots of rooms were having issues. The fan had a thermometer on it and we were right the room never got below 78 all night. Also when we checked in they "upgraded" us to an upgraded view. They had us on the 1st floor and our view was of a wall to the restaurant!? Seems like they still have a lot of training/ knowledge and communication issues. The restaurant... The food was good but not nearly the quality of the JW Palm Desert. Also we received our food all at different times, missing things (like the banana with the kids cereals or the toast with our eggs). And service was incredibly slow. The pool was nice. Also as an FYI unless they do something themselves you really cannot see any fireworks from this location on the 4th of July. Overall you are far far better off staying at the JW Marriott Palm Desert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly enveloped within the Santa Rosa Mountain range, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage is located on a 650-foot bluff overlooking world-famous Palm Springs and the picturesque Coachella Valley. Our Palm Springs luxury hotel's accommodations include 244 guest rooms with 16 spacious suites, some of which are private spa suites. All are thoughtfully-designed to complement our desert mountain location by featuring natural elements of stone, wood and fire - which reflect the local landscape, hues and regional surroundings. At The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, amenity highlights include State Fare Bar & Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and featuring an exhibition kitchen, private dining room and multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas. A second restaurant, The Edge, serves aged steak and seafood cliffside with unparalleled views of the valley below. Further resort highlights include a luxurious, 24,000-square-foot spa, swimming and relaxation pools, and preferred access to some of the finest golf and tennis experiences at premier courses and clubs in the Palm Springs Valley. This exceptional Palm Springs hotel in California offers guests a true luxury desert experience, while providing convenient access to world-class shopping, dining, recreation and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Marriott, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage California Desert, CA