The hotel just re-opened in May so they still have a lot of kinks but the room although small are decorated nice and are very comfortable. We went there for a girlfriends weekend getaway and there was 4 of us. We always share one room and want to stay together the whole weekend and usually a room at the Ritz is more than efficient for the 4 of us but this was not the case in this hotel. With 2 double beds in the room there was hardly any room to walk around the room. We did have a nice patio on the first floor which opened to the yard and the pool area and was very convenient and pleasant. The adults pool was an infinity rook with a nice view of the valley but the wall is a little too long so you have to be out of water to enjoy the view.
The food is nothing special yet expensive and at times old and not the best quality. I am not going to lie... they have a lot to do there in the food department to catch up but the staff is very nice and the management does listen and tries to make things right. I hope they fix these little kinks soon and then they can get 4 stars. Since the rooms and even the suites are very small I couldn't give this hotel 5 stars. Sorry!
The hotel does have a nice spa and workout room which we enjoyed very much as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly enveloped within the Santa Rosa Mountain range, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage is located on a 650-foot bluff overlooking world-famous Palm Springs and the picturesque Coachella Valley. Our Palm Springs luxury hotel's accommodations include 244 guest rooms with 16 spacious suites, some of which are private spa suites. All are thoughtfully-designed to complement our desert mountain location by featuring natural elements of stone, wood and fire - which reflect the local landscape, hues and regional surroundings. At The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, amenity highlights include State Fare Bar & Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and featuring an exhibition kitchen, private dining room and multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas. A second restaurant, The Edge, serves aged steak and seafood cliffside with unparalleled views of the valley below. Further resort highlights include a luxurious, 24,000-square-foot spa, swimming and relaxation pools, and preferred access to some of the finest golf and tennis experiences at premier courses and clubs in the Palm Springs Valley. This exceptional Palm Springs hotel in California offers guests a true luxury desert experience, while providing convenient access to world-class shopping, dining, recreation and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Marriott, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage California Desert, CA