My wife and I spent a couple of days here and really enjoyed it. The hotel was closed for a long time, then recently re-opened. Summer rates are awesomely affordable.
The staff was remarkably good. You can tell they are well trained. Gracious. Felt genuine.
Sunday breakfast buffet was fantastic. Pools, grounds, spa, and gym are impeccable.
I only have 2 little issues. Perhaps this property was originally built as a lower-end motel property because the rooms are tiny. Granted, we stayed in a smaller sized room—I believe only around 450 square feet, and I think the larger ones are closer to 800. But honestly, it really felt TINY. Well appointed, but just tiny. The second issue is that the room was noisy. Perhaps this is due to the same issue. Because the rooms are small and sorta bunched up, you can hear every little noise your neighbors on both sides make. The doors slamming, the TV in the adjacent room, etc. I’m guessing these two issues are out of the management’s control because they are structural.
My recommendation is that if you stay here, and can afford to spring for the larger rooms, do so. Perhaps they’re quieter. It’s a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly enveloped within the Santa Rosa Mountain range, The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage is located on a 650-foot bluff overlooking world-famous Palm Springs and the picturesque Coachella Valley. Our Palm Springs luxury hotel's accommodations include 244 guest rooms with 16 spacious suites, some of which are private spa suites. All are thoughtfully-designed to complement our desert mountain location by featuring natural elements of stone, wood and fire - which reflect the local landscape, hues and regional surroundings. At The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, amenity highlights include State Fare Bar & Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and featuring an exhibition kitchen, private dining room and multiple indoor/outdoor seating areas. A second restaurant, The Edge, serves aged steak and seafood cliffside with unparalleled views of the valley below. Further resort highlights include a luxurious, 24,000-square-foot spa, swimming and relaxation pools, and preferred access to some of the finest golf and tennis experiences at premier courses and clubs in the Palm Springs Valley. This exceptional Palm Springs hotel in California offers guests a true luxury desert experience, while providing convenient access to world-class shopping, dining, recreation and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Marriott, Priceline, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton, Rancho Mirage Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage California Desert, CA