“Great place will return!”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Corona, California
“Great place will return!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We spent the first night in embassy suites on our 2 weekend 20Th anniversary. Great front desk service. very friendly. upgraded our room to a poolside when he found out it was our 20th anniversary. We had $50 credit for breakfast which barely covered 2 meals in their restaurant. We ended paying an additional 6 dollars for 2 juice, 2 coffee and 2 breakfast entrees for a total of 56 dollars. I thought that was overpriced. Their poolside cafe served huge sandwiches that are expensive but very filling very well worth their price. I would not stay in the summer in a room away from the pool. Walking to the pools would be huge I would have to take the car so I don't get a heat stroke. Really enjoyed the Lazy river. I would not eat dinner in their restaurant it's a tad too expensive for us.

Room Tip: Room 2415 was excellent. has its own private entrance to the lazy river!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MStraveller26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Korean first
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Beautiful resort. Elegant and classy decor.One problem, the food was not that great! Would recommend eating off resort! We were there at a conference and the facility was nice.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank alalonde
Downey, California, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Rancho Las Palmas is an awesome resort, my kids had a blast enjoying the Splashtopia area. The staff are friendly, very attentive to your needs. So relaxing, beauitful clean rooms. Forget vegas, if you need some R&R go to Rancho Las Palmas.

Room Tip: Here is a good tip. Order gift cards from Costco.com. $100 gift cards are sold for $70. It helped...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mo G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Place is very clean and nice just like others say in their reviews. However, the front desk has terrible service, while the concierge person is either very lazy or totally clueless. Upon my arrival I had to wait a minimum of 25 minutes because they could not find my reservation. They blamed Expedia for the delay and said if I ‘d booked my stay directly through them the process would have been easier. After finding my reservation they explained how to get to my room and handed me my keys with bracelets and other things. I asked what I was being handed and the employee silently stared at me for a couple of seconds and "I said never mind I will ask concierge because it looks pretty busy around here". During my check-in, 2 customers were complaining, one customer said he refused to pay for parking and the other customer walked in saying "can I get a room closer to civilization". I was confused and didn't know if the customers were being picky or if the hotel was unorganized, it soon appeared to be a little of both. Back to my check-in, I go to Concierge for further help, and she couldn't help me much with my questions. According to her, she didn't work in the front desk and had no idea what the stuff handed to me was about. Then when I asked for the resort restaurants and local eateries, she pointed at a big book in front of her and said all the restaurants were in that book. I walked away and discovered on my own that the orange slip was a parking permit that had to be placed visibly inside my car, the bracelets were for the water park and there are different colored ones for each day of my stay. Oh and my room keys didn't work the first time around, so I had to get back in my car to go back to the lobby and that was annoying. The fridge was locked to find out later that you get the key to the fridge right at check-in, which I saw someone else get one towards my last day of my stay. My AC thermostat was not working properly and asked the front desk for help and they said someone would come over to help and surprise, surprise nobody came by. We called again, and again nobody came by, therefore we slept uncomfortable all night in the heat. At night, it was also difficult to find parking in front of my room because the parking lot gets full with cars without parking permits, which made me more aggravated that I had to park and walk far from my room. Seriously, for paying over $300 dollars a night I thought this place was more of a nightmare than a tranquil vacation. I had to watch the hotel adds on TV to find out what the hotel had to offer. I took my money elsewhere and enjoyed eating outside the hotel such as Roy's restaurant who offered superb service. I did eat at BluEmber for breakfast and the server Christian was beyond nice and helpful. He truly made a huge effort to build a relationship with us to make us "regulars". The men at the valet service were also friendly enough to take us back in forth from our rooms to the lobby using the golf carts. The location of the resort is right in front of restaurants and Movie Theater, which is great. But, sadly this is not enough reason for me to come back or recommend this hotel to others willing to pay top dollars to only get terrible service!

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view of either the pool or golf course. There are several pool entries for ev...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArgieWarhorse
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The resort is wonderful. Staff and facilites are excellent.

My only disappointment was the family pool seating area could have been cleaner. There was a lot of bird mess covering the longer chairs. It took a long time to find a clean one.

I have raised this concern so hopefully it will be addressed on our next stay. But overall excellent resort for the family

Room Tip: Choose a vista room over looking the golf course away from the pool as they will be quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
calgary
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed twice at this property this spring. The first time the resort was lightly occupied and everything was lovely. Spacious room, spotless and beautifully landscaped. The second time, on a weekend, the resort was near capacity. I could hear every thing - and I mean everything - from the happy and rambunctious couple overhead and the cranky couple next door. The restaurant breakfast is overpriced, somewhat expected in hotels today. The gym equipment is a bit old and the gym is small. Most folks are in Palm Springs to be outdoors so the gym is rather unimportant I guess. The location is what had me staying there. If I didn't need to be in Rancho Mirage, I would choose a hotel in Palm Springs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We just returned from the Rancho Las Palmas. We went with our 6 & 9 year old children. Our children LOVED Splashtopia! The lazy river was fun for all of us. The service was excellent, very friendly staff. The food and service at the Blue Ember was fabulous! I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing family holiday!

Room Tip: We chose the less expensive room away from the pool. I actually enjoyed this more as our room was qu...
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!