“Stay somewhere else!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Westminster, United States
“Stay somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family decided to stay here mainly for Splashtopia. So this review is based off of that experience only. I think that if you wanted to come here to golf, you might find it more appeasing. As soon as we checked in, we headed over to the pool. The lazy river was open but the pool was closed! This was at 3pm! Anyways, the kids enjoyed the lazy river and the slides. On our way back to the hotel, my mother was hit in the head with a golf ball. You don't need to be a golf wiz to know that golf balls are hard and they have speed. Who hits a golf ball and doesn't look for it? We went to tell the hotel manager, he gave my mom a 75 dollar credit. Honestly, what we would have liked was some sort of medical staff. Instead, they sent LOSS PREVENTION!! I guess they double as medical help? Who knows. Poor hospitality. We felt as if they just gave the credit to shut us up and not deal with the issue. Definitley not coming back, and never reccomending to anyone that is going out that way.

3 Thank Sarah P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Korean first
Studio City, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I literally just got home from this hotel. We left half way through our trip because the Splashtopia pool was closed from mid morning through the rest of the entire day due to "chemical imbalance". Called the desk and was told by everyone including the manager that this was "beyond our control". Sorry, but the weather is beyond their control...not the condition of their pool. They charge double for pool side rooms and advised me that I could haul my 75 year old mother and my 5 year old daughter across the resort to the "adult pool". I did this and found it was filled to 50 % beyond the posted capacity of the pool and people were rubbing elbows. I called the desk to complain and was told the manager would call back. Three hours later I decided my vacation time was too valuable to stay in a hotel with 110 degree weather and no pool and therefore called the desk to inform them that we were checking out early. Manager told me I could still use the water slide which my daughter was not tall enough for and not surprisingly, my 75 year old mother was not interested in. I told the manager my brother had flown from Massachusetts to come on this trip for my daughters 5th birthday and I was furious. Today was our only full pool day due to their 4 o'clock check in yesterday. Manager would not refund our room since "you had the pool until 10 o'clock last night". I advised her once again, that since I had a 5 year old and 75 year old with me I was not interested in late night pool time last night. I will never return to this resort and after reading the reviews from the past couple of days and reference to the pool looking "dirty" I am not surprised the pool was contaminated today. Very upset about this experience and have contacted my credit card company to dispute this stay. Not at all impressed with manager "Melissa" and her statement that "if you would let me finish I was going to tell you that you can check out late tomorrow to make up some pool time". If I spoke to customers at my job this way I would be reprimanded. Maybe "Omni" has different standards for their managers. Not impressed.

2 Thank L M
Yorba Linda, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is very family friendly. Good food, great entertainment. We spent hours at splashtopia. The only thing was that people would reserve seats and wouldnt even be there. I think the staff should be more on top of that. The only issue that I had with our room was their was bugs in the sink and on the bathroom counter. Just small bugs, but alot of them. We just turned on the water and washed them down. Overall it was a great stay and I would go back.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Stephanie H,

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience. And we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our dining options, live music and of course, Splashtopia! Please accept our apologies about the unwanted visitors in the bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future!

Omni Rancho Las Palmas
Agoura Hills, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We spent three of the BEST days this summer at Rancho Las Palmas. We LOVED it there! We had so much fun -- the pool, the lazy river, the water slides and beach area. What an awesome family place to visit. My kids were in heaven, and my husband and I couldn't have been happier. Wonderful service, beautiful hotel. Love it!

Dear Denise H,

Wow, we loved hearing your best summer days so far have been spent right here at the resort! It is great that the entire family enjoyed all the pool amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience and choosing to bring your family to stay with us.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

loved, loved, loved this hotel !!!, grounds are beautiful and very well kept ..had food from palms cafe for breakfast which was lovely , didn`t use the Blue Ember restaurant, lazy river and pool are great , does get busy at weekends but so does most places .Our room was beautiful over looking golf course , huge room and clean , staff all pleasant , would defo recommend . The River complex over road was very good , lots of places to eat and lvly surroundings

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear pauline d,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear of your complete satisfaction and recommendation to stay with us! We do hope we'll have the chance to provide the same wonderful experience for you again in the future.

Omni Rancho Las Palmas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The reason this hotel was chosen was because of children's, age 4 & 8; desire to go to hotel's splashtopia water park feature.
The hotel's website promotes the lazy river, two waterslides, and pool.
The site does not mention age or size restrictions.
After going on larger slide 3 times, the 4 year old was denied access to smaller slide because she was not 42 inches tall.
I observed many children smaller than her being allowed..
The hotel agreed the policy was being applied in a random and not uniform manner and removed "resort" charges.
The lazy river seemed more like being in a traffic jam on the infamous Los Angeles 405 freeway.
Other than that, the rooms, the property and the staff are all good.
Parents be aware, the splastopia restrictions are not listed on hotel website

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank BackSeatPilot
Dear BackSeatPilot,

Thank you for recent review. It sounds like there were some inconsistencies at Splashtopia regarding the pool and we apologize the height requirement wasn't made more clear. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the property, found the rooms comfortable and the staff friendly. We appreciate you choosing to bring your family here for a summer getaway and hope to see you all again in the future.

Chino Hills, Calif
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

My daughter & I went up for her birthday. Her best friend & her mom joined us. We were very excited to go since I heard a lot of great reviews of this resort. We were disappointed with the room & pool. Th room had two queen beds in it that were so tiny I was glad that my daughter was small. The bathroom felt like you had no privacy because of the slated door. The pool area was so dirty! The pool it self had trash in it & looked like it wasn't filtered. I will say the waitreses worked their behinds off in the heat. I just wished they had someone who went around picking up the plates from those people who felt they were too good to toss their own food away. If you didn't get out at the pool 30 min before they opened you wouldn't get a chair. I have stayed at resorts in the area that were much cleaner than this one. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ginarella
Dear ginarella,

We appreciate you sharing the details of your stay. We wish we could have provided the most memorable birthday possible, for your daughter, and a wonderful stay for the rest of you. We have shared this review with the pool staff and management, as we know how important it is to provide a clean and safe environment for guests, even in the busiest of times. Thank you for choosing stay with us to celebrate the special occasion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
#2 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!