4,283 results
All reviews lazy river blu ember water park golf course bluember restaurant pool area great family adult pool palm springs get away cheesecake factory family vacation spring break family pool grounds are beautiful palm desert main pool
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I won't be going back to this pricey resort, ever.
My Uncle is allergic to bees.. so guess what's in the connecting suite(my cousin's room) a bee. His throat will swell, etc.. 2 hrs to get the bee guy there.
Aunt and Uncle's air doesn't work.

Someone used the main pool as a toilet, we were told to get out there is a chemical problem. We find out what that problem was and it was on the inside and outside of the pool. Repulsive!

Too many balls dropped by employees.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2010

Dear MizThang23,
We apologize that we did not meet you expectations during your stay here at Rancho. We take seriously the sanitary standards throughout the resort which is why we evacuated the pool to properly clean all areas. We are sorry that it took the bee control contractor two hours to arrive but rest assured that all outside areas were thoroughly checked to insure there were no nests on property for your Uncle’s safety and the safety of our other guests. Please feel free to contact us directly at guestexperience@rancholaspalmas.com to address any further issues.
Sincerely, Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Just returned yesterday from a weekend trip with my wife and two little ones. Stayed in a Poolside room (building 14). Room was good -- A/C was excellent (outside temp got to 119!).

Only two negatives:

1) Grounds were a little messy. When I arrived on Friday evening there was a Baja Fresh drink cup on top of the fence of the pool. When I left on Sunday the cup was still there. This is a very high traffic area so I expected it to be picked up. Also someone dropped a fruity drink on the pathway just outside the enterance to the pool on Saturday -- a big blue, goopy mess. On Sunday it was still there (but a dried blue mess). Even the Lazy River had trash all around the edges (lifeguards and wait staff did not pick up). Heck, some of the trash on Sunday was left there on Saturday (I saw it there on Saturday as well).

2) Lifeguards "played" to much with the guests. The majority of the lifeguards were very good. Most of them had their "eyes on the water" at all times. But there were a few of them who engaged in squirt gun play with guests floating around the lazy river. Not only did this take there eyes off the water (a lifeguard MUST), but it encouraged more horseplan in the Lazy River. As a parent of little ones this was unwelcomed.

All in all a great time (even with 119 degree weather). Just a couple of items to work on....

Dear bigcamtom,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We’re very sorry that your experience at the pool did not meet expectations and we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments. Please know that we take great pride in assuring a safe and fun environment for all of our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Sincerely, Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for 5 days, 4 nights. Our room was in building #10. Everything was great. The staff was awesome and would go the extra mile for you. We forgot to order our fruit tray when we rented the cabana. It was closing time for the Cabana staff and kitchen. The manager never hesitated and ran back, reopened the kitchen and brought it out promptly. The staff were great at bringing water, ice (especially great when you have a young child who is in 108 degree tempatures).

The staff at the BluEmber were top notch. We had the same server on 2 different occasions and she made everything personable, friendly, she made some excellent recommendations all while keeping 3 young children entertained duing a 3 course meal. The cupcakes and icecream are amazing. The kiddie cupcake was awesome (covered in tons of gummy bears). They are huge (like 1 cupcake could serve 2-3 people). The food was awesome. Every single dish we tried, appetizers, salads, soup, it was all terrific.

Splashtopia was perfect. It had something for everybody and the kids were never bored. Lazy river, slides, splash area, beach and even hot tubs. When it closed it was easy to transition the kids over to the pool. They sell everything you could imagine at the pool store. Floaties, toys, games, towels and I mean everything.

We hit balls off the range. The golf store was awesome, the staff was very attentive and were quick to pick us up at our room via golf cart and very prompt to return us when we were finished. They had some great buys in the golf store.

The room was awesome. Bed comfortable. I loved the room darkening curtains. It was very clean.

We did bring alot of snacks but my husband loved the yogurt, granola cups at the Cafe and lunch at the pool was terrific so we never got around to eating/bringing our own snacks down to the pool.

The hotel gift shop had tons of stuff. My husband loved the hotel shampoo and they had some awesome deals (like buy 1 get 2 free). The shop was always full of people buying and they had a great selection of things.

We are in Southern Cal so we bought our gift cards at Costco. We booked during the summer when it was the least expensive (family on a budget). But we are definitely planning to go back next year, same time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Dear SouthernCalmom,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad that you and your family had a great time here and that our staff was able to go above and beyond to make sure you had a great experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2010

I chose this hotel because it met all of my needs. It allows pets, has a waterpark for the kids, has cabanas by the pool, it is within walking distance to fine shopping and dining, and has a full spa. I stayed for the 4th of July weekend with my wife, 5 year old daughter, 15 year old son, my in laws and 2 dogs. Everything was perfect for all of us. My wife and mother in law enjoyed the spa, my father in law enjoyed bar with sports on TV. My son and daughter enjoyed the pool and waterpark, I enjoyed the pool, gym and our nice quiet room overlooking the beautiful golf course. The dogs enjoyed their complimentary treats, water bowls and their own beds in each room provided by the hotel. I am looking forward to our next stay at Rancho Las Palmas.

Dear americanlimo,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re so glad that you and your family (including the furry family members!) loved Rancho Las Palmas! We hope that you’ll be able to come back again very soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2010

Our family (2 parents and 3 kids) had a great time at Ranchos Las Palmas. We don't get to go on vacation that often and we are on a budget. We felt our money was well spent. The staff was polite and went above and beyond to make my entire family feel welcomed.
We planned this vacation to be all about the kids...and we weren't disappointed. Splahtopia is awesome! There were a lot of pleasant surprises...the R Bar is opened to kids on Mon and Tues, lots of kid friendly activities that involved the entire family, and craft stuff kids at the pool.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only minus here are the double beds...I wish they had been queen.
The resort was in a great location for us. Near the Living Desert and the Palm Springs Air Museum. Plus, Rancho Las Palmas participates in a "passport" program. Just ask for a passport and kids eat free at many restaurants and get free admission to some other places!
My kids said this was the best vacation they had ever been on.
And...while it was very kid friendly, I would also come back with just my husband. Spa, golf, and an adult only pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear leemary1,
Thank you so much for posting your review on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad that you and your family had a great vacation here at Rancho and were able to relax and enjoy! We hope that you’ll be able to visit us again soon!