4,288 results
All reviews lazy river blu ember water park golf course bluember restaurant pool area great family adult pool palm springs get away cheesecake factory family vacation spring break family pool grounds are beautiful palm desert main pool
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We booked 3 nights for a family vacation (we have 3 small children). Reservations were curt and confusing. This should have been my first sign of things to come. Check in was rushed and disingenuous. The room was dark, droopy and shabby. Ants were crawling on the wall by the desk. It smelled of putrid smoke - a non smoking room, by the way. When I called the front desk to tell them it was the wrong configuration of beds. I was placed on hold three times. Finally, I piled my family back into the car and drove around to the front check in. I was told that a 2 queen bed, sofa bed combo didn't exist. Funny, I could have sworn that is what I booked with reservations. They offered us a roll way for $35 dollars a night, but made sure to inform us it was a "fire hazard". Wow. It gets better. They cannot offer us another room because the hotel is "oversold". Talk about a fire hazard?!? We finally settle into our room and prepare to head off to the "water park" (Splashtopia). When we arrive to relax and take a dip, the scene there and in the main pool looked like something from an Animal House + Spring Break movie. It was PACKED with people. Not just any people, but badly behaved trashy people. Smoking, drinking, food thrown all over the place with birds and bugs. It was horrific. We made our way over to the Lazy River at Splahtopia where my children were basically pushed, bumped into and victimized by these teams of people. It was like a Third World Country (to quote another reviewer). Your feet with burn w/out shoes, yet they ask you to take off even water shoes to go down the waterslide. After about 1/2 hour of this mayhem, we schlepped back to our room. The mini bar fridge was broken and all the drinks (water + soda) were hot. There was a pile of 25 dirty room service forks left just to the right of our door. I spent the better portion of our 24 hours there calling the manager (Gabriel) who was trying to be as helpful as he could, but this poor man sounded just as overwhelmed! Dinner at Blu Ember was fantastic (the only good part of our stay). Amanda & Tim took very good care of us and apologized on behalf of the resort. I called Gabriel and asked him to please allow us to check out the next morning b/c this whole thing was very unacceptable. He obliged _ took the hold off of our credit card. By the time the kids wanted to go to sleep - 9pm - we had yet (yes, you guessed it) to receive the roll away. Sleep was mixed. Bumps in the night, loud a/c, mushy bed. Check out was by a woman who promptly gave me an overcharged bill. I even made a local call down the street to the tune of $13.00. Only after I showed her my cell phone with the correct area code in it (same as the hotels) did she remove it. Gabriel tried by removing several charges, but where I come from and the hotels I stay in, you do your best to KEEP YOUR GUESTS THERE at whatever cost that may be. That how it works. You woo them, enchant them, make them feel special. That is why this hotel will never be rated Five Stars. They need to go back to the drawing board and think "outside the box" in their management + staff meetings. Besides, if that's the clientele they draw on a regular basis, I'll pass. The La Quinta Resort was happy to have our business and checked us into a two bedroom Spa Villa Suite. My only regret? That I didn't book at The La Quinta resort in the first place. I fell for the hype of the Splashtopia draw. Shame on me. If you go there after you read this review? Shame on you!

2  Thank lexijewellmom
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2010

Dear lexijewellmom,
We’re sorry that you had such an unsatisfactory stay here. Our management staff has been made aware of your experiences and we will definitely take all criticism and address each department involved. We’re glad that you we’re pleased with your evening at bluEmber and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to woo and enchant you in the future. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at guestexperience@rancholaspalmas.com to address any issues.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I won't be going back to this pricey resort, ever.
My Uncle is allergic to bees.. so guess what's in the connecting suite(my cousin's room) a bee. His throat will swell, etc.. 2 hrs to get the bee guy there.
Aunt and Uncle's air doesn't work.

Someone used the main pool as a toilet, we were told to get out there is a chemical problem. We find out what that problem was and it was on the inside and outside of the pool. Repulsive!

Too many balls dropped by employees.

Dear MizThang23,
We apologize that we did not meet you expectations during your stay here at Rancho. We take seriously the sanitary standards throughout the resort which is why we evacuated the pool to properly clean all areas. We are sorry that it took the bee control contractor two hours to arrive but rest assured that all outside areas were thoroughly checked to insure there were no nests on property for your Uncle’s safety and the safety of our other guests. Please feel free to contact us directly at guestexperience@rancholaspalmas.com to address any further issues.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Just returned yesterday from a weekend trip with my wife and two little ones. Stayed in a Poolside room (building 14). Room was good -- A/C was excellent (outside temp got to 119!).

Only two negatives:

1) Grounds were a little messy. When I arrived on Friday evening there was a Baja Fresh drink cup on top of the fence of the pool. When I left on Sunday the cup was still there. This is a very high traffic area so I expected it to be picked up. Also someone dropped a fruity drink on the pathway just outside the enterance to the pool on Saturday -- a big blue, goopy mess. On Sunday it was still there (but a dried blue mess). Even the Lazy River had trash all around the edges (lifeguards and wait staff did not pick up). Heck, some of the trash on Sunday was left there on Saturday (I saw it there on Saturday as well).

2) Lifeguards "played" to much with the guests. The majority of the lifeguards were very good. Most of them had their "eyes on the water" at all times. But there were a few of them who engaged in squirt gun play with guests floating around the lazy river. Not only did this take there eyes off the water (a lifeguard MUST), but it encouraged more horseplan in the Lazy River. As a parent of little ones this was unwelcomed.

All in all a great time (even with 119 degree weather). Just a couple of items to work on....

Dear bigcamtom,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We’re very sorry that your experience at the pool did not meet expectations and we have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments. Please know that we take great pride in assuring a safe and fun environment for all of our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for 5 days, 4 nights. Our room was in building #10. Everything was great. The staff was awesome and would go the extra mile for you. We forgot to order our fruit tray when we rented the cabana. It was closing time for the Cabana staff and kitchen. The manager never hesitated and ran back, reopened the kitchen and brought it out promptly. The staff were great at bringing water, ice (especially great when you have a young child who is in 108 degree tempatures).

The staff at the BluEmber were top notch. We had the same server on 2 different occasions and she made everything personable, friendly, she made some excellent recommendations all while keeping 3 young children entertained duing a 3 course meal. The cupcakes and icecream are amazing. The kiddie cupcake was awesome (covered in tons of gummy bears). They are huge (like 1 cupcake could serve 2-3 people). The food was awesome. Every single dish we tried, appetizers, salads, soup, it was all terrific.

Splashtopia was perfect. It had something for everybody and the kids were never bored. Lazy river, slides, splash area, beach and even hot tubs. When it closed it was easy to transition the kids over to the pool. They sell everything you could imagine at the pool store. Floaties, toys, games, towels and I mean everything.

We hit balls off the range. The golf store was awesome, the staff was very attentive and were quick to pick us up at our room via golf cart and very prompt to return us when we were finished. They had some great buys in the golf store.

The room was awesome. Bed comfortable. I loved the room darkening curtains. It was very clean.

We did bring alot of snacks but my husband loved the yogurt, granola cups at the Cafe and lunch at the pool was terrific so we never got around to eating/bringing our own snacks down to the pool.

The hotel gift shop had tons of stuff. My husband loved the hotel shampoo and they had some awesome deals (like buy 1 get 2 free). The shop was always full of people buying and they had a great selection of things.

We are in Southern Cal so we bought our gift cards at Costco. We booked during the summer when it was the least expensive (family on a budget). But we are definitely planning to go back next year, same time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2010

Dear SouthernCalmom,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad that you and your family had a great time here and that our staff was able to go above and beyond to make sure you had a great experience! We hope to see you again soon!
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed 18 July 2010

I chose this hotel because it met all of my needs. It allows pets, has a waterpark for the kids, has cabanas by the pool, it is within walking distance to fine shopping and dining, and has a full spa. I stayed for the 4th of July weekend with my wife, 5 year old daughter, 15 year old son, my in laws and 2 dogs. Everything was perfect for all of us. My wife and mother in law enjoyed the spa, my father in law enjoyed bar with sports on TV. My son and daughter enjoyed the pool and waterpark, I enjoyed the pool, gym and our nice quiet room overlooking the beautiful golf course. The dogs enjoyed their complimentary treats, water bowls and their own beds in each room provided by the hotel. I am looking forward to our next stay at Rancho Las Palmas.

Dear americanlimo,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re so glad that you and your family (including the furry family members!) loved Rancho Las Palmas! We hope that you’ll be able to come back again very soon!
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa