4,260 results
All reviewslazy riverblu emberwater parkgolf coursebluember restaurantpool areagreat familyadult poolpalm springsget awaycheesecake factoryfamily vacationspring breakfamily poolgrounds are beautifulpalm desertmain pool
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We travelled with extended family in April 2008. We stayed in a Vista room, and were completely wowed by this resort. Any other room since has paled in comparison. The only troubling spot during that trip was the lifeguard on duty on the main pool was distracted by teenage girls, and we had a scry moment when one of our daughters got a step too far away from us in the pool and went too deep. She went under, and as I scrambled to get over to her, I looked up and he had his back to the pool. As a parent I must be vigilant in watching my children around water, but I was concerned that a lifeguard didn't notice this potentially dangerous situation. We were looking to repeat this wonderful experience this Christmas as we are dealing with the loss of a family member (no one wants to be home this year, it just hurts too much to be without Mr. Christmas), and eagerly spoke twice to two wonderful reservation agents, and armed with what seemed like fabulous rates, we proceeded to plan our vacation accordingly. We needed to ensure that we could get decent airfares, so held off on actually booking the rooms. 48 hours later I phoned back and was informed that our quoted rate does not exist in December, and now we are looking at double the price. Quite simply, this sucks!! Had we known of this situation, we would have booked a package deal online, now we are stuck with airfare that is booked, and must now find a lesser hotel that stays in our budget. I have worked in customer service for over a decade, and I am really angry about this bait and switch.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel on 4th of July weekend and also again in August. The staff are soooo helpful and efficient and verrrry nice! The rooms are excellent...Splashtopia is very nice and fun, the tranquility pool is sooooo refreshing and nice! The grounds are very nice and soooo pretty! We will be back again in September.....YAY!!! :-)

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2010

Dear eledesma,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and enjoy the pools! It’s great that you’ll be back again in September! See you soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Love Splashtopia! Love the location. Love the hotel. It's an easy walk to the River with tons of great restaurants, theaters, etc. The poolside movie is such a treat. Love how the rooms are laid out. We had a golf course view which was great for the kids to run and play at night. Used the tennis facilities which were top notch with exceptional staff. Loved the layout with plenty of free parking right in front of your room.

Dear FamilyTraveler04046,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re very glad that you enjoyed so many things and were able to use the tennis facilities! We hope you’ll be able to come again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2010

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. We stayed in a room that faced the golf course and we liked our room. It had a king bed with a pullout sofa which was fine for the kids. It was downright scorching hot so you have to be smart about when to use the pool, etc. The kids liked to swim in the evenings and we were out during the day. They liked the big pool better than Splashtopia. It is overrated and the lifeguards like to make up tons of rules. Not like staying at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. We enjoyed the gondola ride up to the top of the local hill. 8600 ft. Great hiking and cool temps while the valley got cooked in the sun.
The kids food at the blue ember was quite good, and the adult food was decent. It was not cheap, but we didn't feel it was exhorbitant either. There are tons of crickets around during the evening and at night. It is definitely not the 4 Seasons, The Wynn, etc., but it is a good resort that would be ideal in the fall or spring.
Just beware of your neighbors. A young man with his family snored so loud that we wished we had a noisy air conditioner to block out the noise. I will bring earplugs next time.

Dear OldTroll,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re glad that you were able to relax and enjoy Rancho Las Palmas and the rest of the Valley. We hope that you’ll come again and visit during the cooler months and experience the desert at its best!

Reviewed 30 July 2010

I was a little worried booking this hotel after reading the recent reviews but I was assured by several of my friends and family that the place was great. I am so glad we went! My husband and I with our children (ages 3-12) and a few of our friends with their children (ages 3-16) booked rooms for a Sunday - Tuesday.

My husband had to work and met us at the resort so it left me and my girlfriend with 4 kids and a SUV full of stuff to unload. We were so happy the way things turned out...

Upon arrival we were greeted by Sanjeev, an awesome valet who watched over our truck while we went to see if we could get early check in. The kids stayed in the cool lobby while my friend and I checked in. There was a line but it moved pretty quickly and everyone was very friendly. We were not able to get early check in (we had requested an adjoining room) but they gave us keys to the pool and told us they would contact us. We let Sanjeev know and he asked if we had anything in the truck that could melt or needed to be air conditioned. He took all of our snacks/groceries and checked them inside the resort and parked our truck in the shade. He then took all of us in a golf cart straight to the pool. We didn't have to worry about a thing but putting sunscreen on!

Sanjeev called me when our room was ready and asked me where we were sitting at the pool. He hand delivered my room keys and told me he had parked our truck outside of our room and had already unloaded all of our stuff into our rooms and left my truck keys on the desk. He also had made reservations for us at the Bluember for that evening (which we had requested). We could never ask for better service!!

The pool was nice and the water was cool which is a must when it's 113 degrees outside, there were plenty of servers and they were constantly picking up. It wasn't dirty at all. The kids had a blast on the water slides and so did we. It is best to sit up though as the tube hurts your back if you lay down. It's definitely crowded but we expected it to be that way since it's a family pool and summertime. However, we were always able to find chairs to sit in and only had to wait a few minutes to get a tube in the lazy river. The only thing that we could complain about is that one vodka lemonade costs $11. We were thankful to have brought our own drinks! The food was good at the pool and average resort prices ranging $9 for a kid’s burger and fries to $14 for a chicken sandwich and fries. We reserved a cabana for Monday (the only day we would be there all day long), it was worth it. It was cooler than under the umbrellas and had several chairs and a fan. Our server was always refilling our ice buckets and getting us whatever we needed. They also give you water and a fruit tray with the rental.

We all had mixed reviews at the Bluember. We had good service there but the food wasn't worth the money. Thankfully they had a free kids buffet for every adult entree. My filet mignon was overcooked and they brought me a new one which was better but not worth $42. Our other friends had salmon and loved it. The drinks were made well and not as expensive as at the pool. The kids loved the buffet and went back several times. We ordered pizza the last night from Pizza Hut. They delivered it right to the resort and it was super cheap. There are also restaurants across the street that is within walking distance.

Our rooms were nice. I did have to call to have them to re-clean my bathroom floor when we first got in there but they came up immediately and cleaned it. We preferred the golf course views and it was so relaxing to sit there in the morning and evening. Our other friends liked their room right by the pool. I think my only negative review on the room would be that the beds are doubles instead of queens. They were really comfortable just small for 2 adults to sleep in.

Overall, we had an amazing time and actually booked again for next month!!

1  Thank tancutie
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2010

Dear travel32313,
Thank you for posting your review! We have received many great comments about Sanjeev and we’re very glad to hear about your experience with him as well! We are sorry that you did not enjoy your filet at bluEmber and we hope that when you return later this month we can find you entrée that you will love! Thank you for choosing Rancho and if you like to, please let us know when you’re coming again on Facebook!