“run the other way!!!”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Van Horne, Iowa
“run the other way!!!”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

they have nothing in the rooms! kleenex's, towels, coffee makers, frig's. etc... tv guide for channels was told to bad. when your out of state the channels are different!
what a disappointment for a motel 6 . the price was different too $65.99 not $50.00- plus taxes. - 2.99 internet

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katie58_5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the room to be quiet and very clean. The check in was smooth and quick and the management was friendly. There was an extensive choice of stations on TV and good WiFi is available at $2.99 for 24 hours.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Two years ago, my wife and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Rancho Mirage for one night as an inexpensive place to spend the night after a visit to snowbird friends (we live in LA). The room at that time was perfectly adequate if a little shopworn. On this trip we discovered that our room had been completely redone, with new-looking bathroom fixtures, bright paint nicely applied, and new rugs. The heating/air conditioning was settable to a comfortable level. Everything was sparkling clean. Even though the room sits on Route 111, the traffic noise was hardly noticeable. The reservation process and our check-in was as professional and courteous as any place good.

I believe that this Motel 6 has the lowest rates in the whole greater Palm Springs area. It is a fabulous bargain. There was even a swimming pool, which we did not use. Why anyone would pay more for a safe and comfortable place to spend a night is beyond me.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shermusa
San Dimas, CA
Reviewed 24 November 2008

What a pleasant surprise! We were in Rancho Mirage to attend a birthday dinner at the Black Angus. (as it turns out within walking distance of the motel) We did not want to drive all the way back to San Dimas, CA after dinner, so I was just looking for a place to sleep that night. After reading the reviews, I was a little leery but it was so close to the restaurant and the price was right so I took a chance. It was perfect. The motel's web site had stated the property was recently refurbished and it was obvious to me it was. We chose a room with two queen beds. It was very clean, all the furniture, fixtures and carpet were in great shape. At a total price of $55.00 it was a steal. The front office girl, I believe her name is Carla, was very nice and helpful. When I requested, she went out of her way to get us the top floor and in the back of the property. When we got to our room, we realized that there were a lot of teenage children in the area, so I went back and asked for a room on the other side of the motel. She took care of it right away and did not make me feel as though I was imposing on her. The whole experience was a very pleasant one and I think I have found a jewel of a place to stay when I go to the Palm Desert area.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — Noise because of the proximity to Hwy 111
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank acttbrian
Burbank, California
Reviewed 15 June 2008

Ok, yeah this is Motel 6. I was not expecting the Hyatt or anything but this was the worse! We briefly checked the room in the afternoon and it seemed ok. We then left for appointments, dinner and visiting. Upon our return the door to the room was COVERED in these little black bugs. (I was informed by the front desk that they were Desert Beatles). We quickly entered the room and closed the door swiftly to keep them out of the room. We had brung some sandwiches and milkshakes with us. Well I looked at the door on the floor and the bugs were crawling in through the large gap at the bottom of the door and the gap between the the door and doorjam. It was disgusting. I called the front desk and they stated there was nothing they could/would do about it! Unless I wanted to come down to the office and get a broom and sweep THIER walkway! They then suggested I take a towell from the restroom and put it against the bottom of the door. These bugs were just everywhere! They got in our food and shakes and in the bed. I wanted to check out but of couse they would not give me a refund or anything. Fortunately as the evening progressed the bugs did disapate but IMHO all they need to do is put up bug lights or fix the gaps in the door to keep them out of the room. When I suggested this to the front desk at check out he ignored me.

Also the bath tub had a few what looked like pubic hairs in it as well as on the toilet rim, the blanket on the bed had SEVERAL cigarette burn holes in it, and the counter at the sink/vanity had graffiti etched into it.

Do your self a favor and stay somewhere eles unless you enjoy staying in a dump.

• Liked — Ummmmmmmmm NOTHING!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Casen

Travellers are raving about these Rancho Mirage hotels

Vancouver
Reviewed 27 March 2007

We used Motel 6 in Rancho Mirage during the mid-March break in 2007 as it was close to relatives we were visiting. The motel is situated beside I-111 and is easy to find coming out of the airport. We just needed a place to sleep for one night, not a resort experience. Even so, I missed not having access to standard toiletries like shampoo. Just 2 bars of soap were offered. Also, there was no coffee maker, fridge, nor microwave in the room. The bed for two people had just the 2 pillows, flat, not puffy. The bathroom was large so guests could use this space for their luggage as the space in the bed area was tight. The counter table with 1 chair served as a TV stand. We did not have a continental breakfast here. The room, however , was bright (fresh white walls), quiet even though the motel is located beside a highway, and clean. I would have preferred a room with 2 doubles or a king size bed. If you are familiar with this chain and its amenities, you probably won't be disappointed. It offers an optional place to stay at lower prices.

• Liked — price of the room
  • Disliked — tight space and minimalistic conveniences
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 March 2007

This hotel is exactly what you expect. You don't stay at a Motel 6 if you are looking for a resort experience. The rooms are of a nice size, in good condition, comfortable beds, daily maid service, etc. The bathroom was a little dark, would be nice to have better lighting over the bathtub, but otherwise it is a bed. Great cable service, though, felt like all the comforts of home.

nicely located in the Coachella Valley for easy access to all the things you would want.

The staff was nice, helped us by giving a quiet room off the road and helped with directions to get where we wanted to go.

and at about $50 a night, you can't beat it if all you need is a comfortable bed.

• Liked — price, location, friendly front desk, comfortable bed, good cable TV
  • Disliked — no internet, no continental breakfast, sheets had a stain
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert

Been to Motel 6 Palm Springs - Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!