“Outstanding!”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
El Cajon
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The room was lovely and spacious -- even with 2 queen beds. The staff were all friendly and more than helpful. I "went green" and needed shampoo one day. I asked the maid as I left the building. When I got back, she had replaced my shampoo & left an extra!

The only "complaint" is that I couldn't get the TV checkout to work.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 October 2011

First time at the Westin and we were very impressed! Bruno gave us a warm welcome at check-in, Duke was friendly and entertaining at the bar and our massages at the spa with Grace Ann and Brandon were incredible. Our room was very spacious and modern and the view of the golf course was a peaceful greenery. It was everything and more we expected for our romantic getaway. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Porter Ranch, CA
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The last impression I have of the Westin was waiting in line to check out. this was notable because there was only one clerk at the front desk and it took a long time to get through the line of three people, and because you couldn't check out through the express check out on the TV because the TV's didn't work. Which points up the glaring deficiencies of this location: the wireless internet was actually the internetless WiFi; the WiFi worked the internet didn't, the phones didn't always have a dial tone, the TV would jump back to the greeting menu every five minutes, all annoying little details.
Bed was nice, room was fine, grounds are OK, food was excellent, but the annoyances were bush league. Not a happy stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have stayed at this property previously and staff and product is what always draws me back. Check-in is smooth and seamless. Food and Beverage team go above and beyond for their guests'. It's everything you would expect from a Westin/Starwood property. We were there for a "mini-moon" after our wedding and got treated like V.I.P. our whole stay. Weather was perfect for the time of year, pool was perfect temperature, staff was excellent. Thank you for everything Westin Mission Hills. We will be back....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trevor w
California
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My friend and I went to the Westin Mission Hills resort looking for a relaxing girls getaway. The property grounds were beautiful and spacious, the staff is friendly and accomodating. Our room was quiet and comfortable. The pool area is not overcrowded and has a fun water slide. This hotel was amazing and very quiet and comfortable.The restaurant is nice and has amazing food. They do not let outside locals in to use the pool like Agua Caliente and the Marriott do which overcrowd the pool with annoying loud rude people who dont belong there. I will DEFINITELY go back and recommend this resort to anyone looking for a fun relaxing weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
la quinta
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My family and I have stayed here on a couple of occasions and have been treated like royalty every time. The staff is exceptional and the dirty martinis at The Lounge are even better! My children enjoyed the Las Brisas pool and waterslide while me and the father-in-law had a casual day on the Pete Dye golf course. My wife was in the spa and skin care industry for years and says that the day spa is truly magical. All in all, the Westin provides superior bang for the buck when in the desert. If going off site is more your cup of tea, there are casinos, restaurants, sports bars, and a water park within fifteen minutes drive. Take the fam, save some dough, and enjoy all that this place has to offer!

Room Tip: Close to pool and Bella Vista restaurant
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Denise H, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Murfrus,

Thank you for your raving review. We appreciate all your comments and concerns and hope to see you again very soon!

Be well,
Denise
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Once again, had a wonderful, relaxing stay at the Westin Mission Hills Resort. I'm a regular. It's truly my favorite escape from the insanity of LA. I love the property, the rooms, the pool, and the staff. Specifically, i need to give a special thank you to Rafunzel Carreon and David (Las Hadas pool bartender) for their kindness, taking such good care of me. Mahalo!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!