Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
2,636 results
All reviewslas hadas poolpalm springsmain poolwestin mission hillspinzimini restaurantpete dye coursefireside loungegary playerheavenly bedbeautiful groundstennis courtsmain buildingnice propertyadult poolfitness centerpalm desertfamily pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed two nights and had a very enjoyable time. The property is VERY spread out so if you enjoy walking this is the hotel for you, but beware, the numbering system on the buildings is rather odd. It took a little while to figure it out...

Pools were clean, the golf course fairways were very green, the spa had great ambience, numerous waterways throughout the hotel to sit and read or stargaze, but the surprise was they offered croquet, shuffle board and bbq's. Quite a fun "find"!

The Fireside Lounge (hotel bar) makes a mean "Panty dropper" drink consisting of Malibu rum, peach schnapps, cranberry and pineapple juice. If you like a sweet drink ask for this one ~ it was great. The Lounge had a great vibe to it with doors that opened directly to the patio, firepit and outside pool table. The pool table was another great "find"!

Hotel restaurant was on the pricey side for breakfast, but lunch was much more reasonable. Gift shop/ Store was well stocked with Starbucks inside, various snacks, sandwiches, salads and drinks as well as tolietries, men and women's clothing, Brighton jewelry, kids section, sunscreen and pool items, etc.

Couple of things to note:
1. Be prepared for staff moving about in the earlier morning hours starting around 5:15 am. VERY noisy rolling carts and laundry baskets ~ the hotel should address this by putting new casters on the wheels and that MIGHT help alleviate the early morning wake up call we received each morning. I

2. Parking is an issue.... if the hotel is full, there is no way you are going to find a spot close to your room. Either stay in and partake of the hotel restaurants, or leave the property and prepare yourself for a long jaunt to your room.

All in all, this was a nice hotel and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Everything from check-in to check out was FIRST rate. I felt like royalty as we spent a long weekend enjoying the beautiful sunshine and the surroundings. It was ALL in the DETAILS, which were well planned out- everything from the Heavenly bed to the complimentary yoga class! I WILL be back!

Room Tip: Ground level was nice- easy access.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for your most recent review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope you will join us again very soon!

Be well.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We spent two nights at the Westin and enjoyed it. It's not flashy but it does what it is supposed to. We had a great time, went golfing (which was very convenient and got cabs each night). Close to the Casino if that's your thing too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear devom,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate all your comments and concerns.
We do hope you will join us again very soon.

Be well.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage in November. There were 4 of us: me, my husband, my 7 year old son and 3 year old daughter. I had a work conference and my family came along as my husband's parents also own a home in Rancho Mirage and we stayed a few days longer.

Although the hotel was dated, it was still a lovely property. It had a beautiful foyer, very nicely landscaped grounds (and golf course), and the area around the property was very well taken care of. It was the details that were the problem.

We booked two rooms that should have been adjoining. I am not certain of all setups, but in our building - 5 - this meant two rooms side by side with a vestibule area at the front "joining" them together (you could lock the doors to this vestibule which then allowed you to go in and out of the two rooms privately). When we got there, we couldn't lock the door. This was a problem because we wanted our children to be in one room and my husband and me in the other. We called the front desk and they fixed it immediately. However, their fix meant that you had to slam the front door to get it to close. I often came in late - after my children were in bed - as I had work functions in the evening and this meant I had to slam the door almost waking them up every time.

As well, there was no way for the doors to the individual rooms to remain open. We had to use our luggage to prop them open so that we - and our children - could walk freely back and forth.

Several days into our trip, I called housekeeping and asked them to fix a light in the bathroom. When I came back several hours later from the pool, I found the front door to the vestibule completely open. My valuables were in the safe, but my computer was sitting on the couch, items from a shopping trip beside it, and all our things just waiting for someone to come in and take. And they hadn't fixed the light.

The worst however, was the pool. I finally was able to take my children to the family pool on the lst day there and found the entire bottom covered in duck feces. There were ducks everywhere and they used the pool as a toilet. We used our beach ball and towels to shoo them away, but there was so much duck poo on the bottom that I didn't want my kids to go in. Other people didn't seem to mind, but perhaps they don't realize how gross it is!

I also went to the spa for a facial. The receptionist and the woman who led me in were fantastic. However, the woman who did my facial didn't talk to me the entire time. She said nothing about my skin or if I had any questions. The good part is that she didn't try to sell me anything. The bad part is that I had no idea what she was doing or using on my skin.

The good things about this resort were the food and the people that worked there. They were very friendly, very customer focused, and exceptionally keen to help. They certainly helped with the experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RosieRo56
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at this Westin on January 13-15th while in Palm Springs for a meeting. We found the hotel very difficult to navigate since the buildings were spread out and didn't make any sense on building numbers in any order. Signage was horrible as well. Once we found our room we found it dated but clean. The bed was ok and the room had all the "resort" amenities like over priced water for $8.00 if you used the Mini bar. Bath tub had hard water scale on the shower head, which was unappealing. There is a $27.00/day "resort fee" which is a rip off so our $115.00 room really was $142/day plus tax so beware that the rate you see online doesn't show the additional fee!
Can't say I would stay here again, it was ok, nothing special and very hard to find your way around.

• Stayed: January 2012