2,685 results
All reviewsthe westin mission hillslas hadas poolpalm springsmain poolpinzimini restaurantpete dye coursefireside loungegary playerbeautiful groundstennis courtsnice propertyoff seasonadult poolfitness centerfamily poolgolfpools
Reviewed 17 November 2013

For me the Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort (not to be confused with the Villas) was close to a 5 star place but for a few things. Starting with the good - the customer service was terrific, the rooms very spacious, all of the little amenities in the room were a great touch and the bathroom was sooo roomy and well thought out. The television was of very good quality and there were many channels to choose from. The room was quiet and we never heard any neighbors. The pillows were top notch and plentiful. The bad - the resort fees around the Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Rancho MIrage area are becoming ridiculous. We were charged $27 a day PLUS 2.99 tax on the charge (is this even legal because I've never had to pay that anywhere else). This is to cover parking and in room wifi (as well as the pool and gym). The resort is very large and not very well layed out. We were told that we could park right next to our building. Well for a total of $29.99 a day you would think so but no. Not only could we not park next to our building, we couldn't park anywhere near it because the parking spaces are extremely limited for the size of this place. The wifi in the room was in and out. I don't know about the pool and the gym because I didn't have a chance to use them. The bed was extremely hard which was disappointing because the pillows were great. I didn't get a chance to eat there so I can't comment on the food. One thing that stood out for me was again - the customer service. The purpose of the trip was to celebrate a friends 60th birthday. Upon returning from dinner one evening the staff had left a bottle of champagne, a chocolate dessert and some fruit in her room. This type of thing is so unheard of these days and it completely made her night. The staff was great and went out of their way to help. While the parking sucked - the employees of the Westin made up for the inconvenience. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I had room 1319 which had a great view of the golf course. My friends had 1325 and they said that they had a lovely view as well.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
WestinMissionHills, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear saints-girl,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your past experience with us. We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay; we are already reviewing your specific feedback on how we can make improvements moving forward. On the other hand, we are extremely happy to know our associates went out of their ways to surprise and surpass your expectations. It truly means a great deal to us the fact that you take us into consideration for your next stay! We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Both my husband and I feel that this property needs an overhaul. The accommodations were not perfect. The first room had a non functioning toilet. The second room had a faucet that spurted water all over the bathroom and the toilet ran and ran. The bathroom smelled like mildew. We think this property needs to upgrade the rooms. The main areas looked nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OutdoorInteriors

Dear OutdoorInteriors,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We value you choosing our resort in this beautiful area for a little getaway. We regret to discover that your experience was not what you had hoped for and it undoubtedly did not meet the expectations we strive to provide our guests. The feedback we receive from our guests is of great significance to us and we are reviewing your specific feedback on how we can make improvements moving forward. We sincerely hope you give us another try so we can provide you the fabulous experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a lovely escape trip that my company took us on in May! The resort went out of their way to make sure our group was well taken care of from providing service for our buffet dinner to our company golf tournament! There was a small mix up with my particular room when I first arrived as I was listed secondary on the list and didn't know the last name of my room mate, but once she arrived they sorted it out quickly. A nice bottle of champagne awaited us in the room, it was really clean and the beds were oh so soft!!! I loved the pool area although it was a bit crowded and the smoothie from the bar was good but a bit over priced. The second day i explored the resort with some friends and one of the staff was friendly enough to drive us around! And my what a gorgeous property it is! I'd love to come back here with a camera, some friends and costumes to just shoot photos all day! We decided to splurge on breakfast in one of the restaurants while we were here and the food was absolutely delicious and worth it! Also, the gift shop has some super cute displays and unique items. I didn't get a chance to book a massage as they booked quickly, but those in my party that did couldn't quit talking about how great they were. I was a bit jealous ;) Maybe next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear VeronicaMonica,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. We are so pleased to hear you had an amazing time during your stay with us. We are very glad to know you took the time to go around and get to know our grounds and our amenities better, we definitely have great sceneries for some friends and a camera!. We are thrilled to find that our associates went out of their way to please and surprise you! We hope you have the opportunity to join us again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights while I had a conference at anoher hotel in Rancho Mirage. The hotel room was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. My wife was traveling with me and was also impressed. The concierge staff was particularly helpful and very knowledgeable of the area attractions, etc. We caught the hotel at one of those times when it was not busy and I think that added to the service level. I stopped in the golf shop to check things out for an upcoming visit and they were very accomodating for arranging future tee times. I will definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room, but I'm not sure that it was important as we were typically only in the room at night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear JackTravels1,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. We are extremely pleased to hear you and your wife had a wonderful experience in our resort and a great time enjoying our facilities and amenities! We are thrilled to know you will keep us in your thoughts next time you come around the desert. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The pools, golf and fitness center are really nice. I don't play tennis but if i did I would want to play here.

The staff at breakfast was helpful and courteous as they were at check in and out. I wish I had time to spend at the pools they looked great.

I am always disappointed by the look of the buildings and I seem to always get a room on the 2nd floor which is a pain in the butt to lug your bags up the stairs.

The rooms are fine they just smell like that horrible Westin smell that they pump in. They really need to stop doing that!

I would recommend it, all in all a good property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Discerning-Guest23,

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear you had a great time during your stay with us. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed our beautiful grounds, breathtaking views, convenient facilities and fun amenities! We truly hope you have the chance to visit us again; we will make sure you get a room on the first floor next time!