2,685 results
All reviewsthe westin mission hillslas hadas poolpalm springsmain poolpinzimini restaurantpete dye coursefireside loungegary playerbeautiful groundstennis courtsnice propertyoff seasonadult poolfitness centerfamily poolgolfpools
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My new husband and I went there the day after we got married as a nice getaway (we're still in the process of planning our more exotic honeymoon to Thailand). I was a little disappointed that the hotel didn't acknowledge we were newlyweds (my husband was sure to tell them upon making the reservation), but the overall experience was quite nice to relax and enjoy our first days as a married couple. We spent two of our three full days around the hotel at the pool, and then on our third day we drove to Joshua Tree, which was a lovely day trip. All three nights we went to dinner outside of the hotel. The resort itself is very lovely.

Room Tip: Don't count on any upgrade if you are newlyweds, we stayed right by the adult pool but I would have preferred to be closer to the main pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Jenny K,

Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are thrilled to know you chose our resort for a mini getaway before your honeymoon. We apologize for the inconvenience because that is not the service we strive to provide to our guests. On the other had we are pleased to know you enjoyed our grounds, our facilities and services and we hope you have the opportunity to join us again!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Mission Hills last week of October first week of November. We had timeshare time and wanted to go once the daytime temperatures were a little cooler. Our accommodation was very clean and comfortable but we were surprised that our living room was so dark. The standard one bedroom units have no large patio doors overlooking the outside space. The room has an awkward angled wall and the only light comes from a patio door around the corner! Good size patio doors off bedroom however. Bathroom was great and the bed itself very comfortable. We had 2 hot plates and a microwave which proved a bit of a challenge for cooking and no BBQ. The staff were very helpful and polite about our concerns and because the first week was in a unit backing onto a main road, (and all the parking), it was very noisy, sitting on the deck or some,times inside. We were moved to a much better location week two overlooking the golf course. Truthfully, we should have read the fine print better re room cooking facilities The place is certainly not quiet and is very popular with families. We could hear conversation and teenagers' noise next door in both units as rooms are not well sound proofed. Another plus however is that the grounds of the building are beautiful and the pool area well equipped. Ate at the restaurant one night and it was very good, though expensive. For a quieter location chose upper units and facing the lagoon from the golf course side, or else golf view room. Away from parking and Dinah Shore drive.

Room Tip: Choose upper units away from main road. Go for better than standard room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Lizpaul,

Thank you for your recent review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had to encounter during your stay in our resort, which is definitely not the experience we want to provide to our guests. In contrast, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our beautiful grounds, our breathtaking views, our exquisite food, and our wonderful service. We truly hope you have the chance to join us again so you can have the experience you most certainly deserve.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

For me the Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort (not to be confused with the Villas) was close to a 5 star place but for a few things. Starting with the good - the customer service was terrific, the rooms very spacious, all of the little amenities in the room were a great touch and the bathroom was sooo roomy and well thought out. The television was of very good quality and there were many channels to choose from. The room was quiet and we never heard any neighbors. The pillows were top notch and plentiful. The bad - the resort fees around the Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Rancho MIrage area are becoming ridiculous. We were charged $27 a day PLUS 2.99 tax on the charge (is this even legal because I've never had to pay that anywhere else). This is to cover parking and in room wifi (as well as the pool and gym). The resort is very large and not very well layed out. We were told that we could park right next to our building. Well for a total of $29.99 a day you would think so but no. Not only could we not park next to our building, we couldn't park anywhere near it because the parking spaces are extremely limited for the size of this place. The wifi in the room was in and out. I don't know about the pool and the gym because I didn't have a chance to use them. The bed was extremely hard which was disappointing because the pillows were great. I didn't get a chance to eat there so I can't comment on the food. One thing that stood out for me was again - the customer service. The purpose of the trip was to celebrate a friends 60th birthday. Upon returning from dinner one evening the staff had left a bottle of champagne, a chocolate dessert and some fruit in her room. This type of thing is so unheard of these days and it completely made her night. The staff was great and went out of their way to help. While the parking sucked - the employees of the Westin made up for the inconvenience. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I had room 1319 which had a great view of the golf course. My friends had 1325 and they said that they had a lovely view as well.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear saints-girl,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your past experience with us. We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay; we are already reviewing your specific feedback on how we can make improvements moving forward. On the other hand, we are extremely happy to know our associates went out of their ways to surprise and surpass your expectations. It truly means a great deal to us the fact that you take us into consideration for your next stay! We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Both my husband and I feel that this property needs an overhaul. The accommodations were not perfect. The first room had a non functioning toilet. The second room had a faucet that spurted water all over the bathroom and the toilet ran and ran. The bathroom smelled like mildew. We think this property needs to upgrade the rooms. The main areas looked nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OutdoorInteriors

Dear OutdoorInteriors,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We value you choosing our resort in this beautiful area for a little getaway. We regret to discover that your experience was not what you had hoped for and it undoubtedly did not meet the expectations we strive to provide our guests. The feedback we receive from our guests is of great significance to us and we are reviewing your specific feedback on how we can make improvements moving forward. We sincerely hope you give us another try so we can provide you the fabulous experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a lovely escape trip that my company took us on in May! The resort went out of their way to make sure our group was well taken care of from providing service for our buffet dinner to our company golf tournament! There was a small mix up with my particular room when I first arrived as I was listed secondary on the list and didn't know the last name of my room mate, but once she arrived they sorted it out quickly. A nice bottle of champagne awaited us in the room, it was really clean and the beds were oh so soft!!! I loved the pool area although it was a bit crowded and the smoothie from the bar was good but a bit over priced. The second day i explored the resort with some friends and one of the staff was friendly enough to drive us around! And my what a gorgeous property it is! I'd love to come back here with a camera, some friends and costumes to just shoot photos all day! We decided to splurge on breakfast in one of the restaurants while we were here and the food was absolutely delicious and worth it! Also, the gift shop has some super cute displays and unique items. I didn't get a chance to book a massage as they booked quickly, but those in my party that did couldn't quit talking about how great they were. I was a bit jealous ;) Maybe next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear VeronicaMonica,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. We are so pleased to hear you had an amazing time during your stay with us. We are very glad to know you took the time to go around and get to know our grounds and our amenities better, we definitely have great sceneries for some friends and a camera!. We are thrilled to find that our associates went out of their way to please and surprise you! We hope you have the opportunity to join us again!