“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Upon arrival the at 11pm it was very quiet and still. The Valet greeted us with a friendly smile. The check-in has a personal touch. Appreciate they have 2 or more Concierge on duty. Our stay was for 3 short days, in that short stay the Staff did a excellent job of giving service as if they had known is previously. Every request was answered with "let me see what I can do"!

Room Tip: All the rooms have great features, views and lots of comfort! If you are planning a family trip, r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear wattscoffeehouse,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to know our team did a fantastic job, went above and beyond for you and exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled to hear all your requests were answered in a shortly manner and that you had a fantastic time during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Randy Zupanski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Korean first
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am Scottish and was visiting this hotel with friends from San Diego. The grounds and room were lovely and I admit I had a nice stay. However.... I have nothing good to report about the food in the "Pinzimini Restaurant" Had I not been a guest in your country I would have demanded every penny back and would have caused a huge scene If I hadn't received it. The meal was my treat to my hosts, and I felt so ashamed as to my choice of venue, that I just sat there mortified and decided just to pay up and get out of the dreadful place as soon as possible. It was not only greatly over priced with small portions but it was absolutely disgustingly tasted. How the waiters kept a straight face when they served up such muck I have no idea, but they should all receive medals.
I had the spagbol. I may be wrong but the minced beef appeared not to be cooked, only browned, and even although the waiter did explain beforehand that it was not served in a "regular tomato sauce" I for sure didn't expect that it would be a sauce reminiscent of dirty dish water that was used.
My guests later informed me that the taste left in their mouths was putrid and that they had only ate the meal to save from offending me.
I can honestly say I felt like I had been mugged in broad daylight from a respectable business.
Awful restaurant in my opinion!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Cali77,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear you had a fantastic time during your stay in our resort. We are happy to know you enjoyed our lovely grounds, our fun amenities and that you had a relaxing stay. In contrast, we apologize for the inconvenience you and your group of friends faced during your dinner inside our restaurant. We love to take care of our guests, and we are mortified to know your experience was not what you had hoped for. We have communicated your feedback to the department mentioned and will make the necessary improvements moving forward. We sincerely hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can provide you with exceptional service and the best culinary experience!

LOS ANGELES
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As promised, we did go back to Rancho Mirage and stayed at the Westin Mission Hills . We had such a great time the first time we went here that we just had to come back for an encore. And amazingly, the experience just keeps getting better and better.

This time , we had a bigger group of girls that came and had lunch at the fabulous Pinzimini. We were immediately greeted by Chef Shawn Aoki and his crew. We had the pleasure of meeting Guillermo, who was assisting Chef Shawn and possibly the best pizza chef out there, and were served by Jose Luis and Carlos . Our dear friend , Raquel Wood , made the arrangements for this special tasting menu by Chef Shawn and we were just tantalized by all the creative and delicious food that they served. Everything was just delightful and such a savory sensory experience. Okay , enough about the food....

The hotel staff were friendly, gracious, and highly accommodating. The ambiance is understated elegance and very tasteful. The pool and grounds are gorgeous.

This trip was perfect for a relaxing weekend with girlfriends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Eileen F,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are thrilled to know you and your girl friends had a fantastic time during your stay with us; we truly appreciate your loyalty! We are delighted to know you enjoyed our fantastic Italian inspired restaurant and all of its exquisite cuisine! We are pleased to hear Chef Shawn and his team did a magnificent job once again and exceeded your expectations! Big thanks to Raquel Wood for making this happen, Chef Shawn for the fantastic culinary experience given, Guillermo and the best Pizza in town, Jose Luis and Carlos for the wonderful service and professionalism and to all of our team for always doing an incredible job! Our team looks forward to welcoming all of you back to our resort very soon!

Charlotte, nc
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice resort, nice big room, comfortable bed, cold A/C, beautiful golf course and pools.

I do want to express my disappointment with the clerk that assisted me at check-in. I waited in line for about 10 mins. while other guests where being checked in and noticed that they were informed about what the resort had to offer, where the pools were located, etc. and were given a map of the property. When it was my turn to check, the clerk pulled up my reservation, made a comment about me booking with them through Priceline, gave me the room key and told me the internet password....and that was it. Never asked me if I had stayed with them before (which I hadn't, this was our first time), didn't explain where anything was on the property, didn't give me a map...nothing. I looked at him, waited a few seconds to make sure he was done talking and then asked if he was going to give me any of that information like I had seen him do with the prior guests he checked in and he said "oh, sure.." Only then did he give me the map and explain where the pools were, the workout facility, etc.

I guess it's true, when you book through a third party site and shop smart (a.k.a. pay a lower price), you really do get treated differently. After traveling all the way from NC to CA, I would have appreciated a little more hospitality and warmer welcome. I have family that just retired and moved to Rancho Mirage, so we will be back to visit probably every year, doubt we will be staying here again though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear acdavis,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear you had a fantastic time during your stay with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed some of our fun amenities as well as our lovely grounds and our heavenly bed experience. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience you faced during check-in time. We also apologize if the situation made you feel uncomfortable and not welcomed because it is not the case at all. We care about all of our guests and your feedback has been communicated to the department mentioned so we can make the changes necessary moving forward. Please feel free to contact me at randy.zupanski@westin.com if you would like to follow up with me directly. We truly hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can provide you with the exceptional service and professionalism you expect and deserve!

Bermuda Dunes, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had family from Montana, Nevada, and California all stay at the Westin over Mother's Day Weekend. The staff the went out of their way to make sure our experience was over the top! Every mother said it was the best mothers day weekend ever! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Special consideration provided by Brittaney at the front desk during check in and check out, she was efficient and very through! and kicked of an amazing stay Then, Pinzimini was an amazing place to hold our Bday dinner on Friday. Our Aunt, who is a 40 year vet of the military and proud mother and grandmother was entertained and enticed by the staff, menu and ambiance of the restaurant. The pool provided entertainment for the younger guests (special thank to Benedict and her FUN staff!!) and relaxation for the older crowd (special thanks to David at Las Hades Pool!!!) After soaking in the sun by the pool, all the mothers where treated to massages by the spa where Monica and Carly and their staff really treated the women to an out of this world experience. The Starbucks on site was great for breakfast. Overall the resort (and especially the staff!) makes WMH a must stay for any family looking to be entertained, pampered and spoiled by a resort...

Room Tip: If walking is an issue, request a room closer to the main pool, but there is also a free shuttle ser...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tammy T,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and happy belated mother’s day. We are delighted to know you and all your family had a wonderful time during your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear our team went above and beyond for you and they were able to exceed your expectations throughout your stay! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay from the moment you stepped into our resort until the moment you had to say goodbye! We will be more than happy to share your lovely comments with Brittany, the Pinzimini’s team, Benedicte and her team, our bartender David, Monica, Carly and all the spa staff! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Detroit, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A beautiful and sprawling property set a bit out of the way. At least a 20-minute drive to anywhere of interest. Annoying resort fees are charged at check-in on top of the published rates (was around $27 extra per night when I stayed). Beautiful property: outstanding landscaping, fountains, not to mention golf course, pools etc.. A very spacious and contemporary gym appears to be open 24 hours, very convenient. There is 24-hour room service as well, albeit with a limited menu at night. All staff had commendable CS skills - except the security dude who approached me before I had a chance to get out of the car and asked me whether I was a guest (I hadn't had the time to display my parking pass yet)! I suppose that if you are not a baby boomer couple you might get some unwanted attention here.

Room Tip: As for a room on the second floor and facing the golf course or, if that's not possible, the &qu...
Green Features: 500 Starpoints if you decline housekeeping. (Standard at all Starwood hotels I think.)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. We have already communicated your feedback to the security department and will make improvements moving forward. If you were looking for activities outside the property we have “The River” only 8 minutes away and we also have “El Paseo” at about 12 minutes from here. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear you loved our well kept grounds, our breathtaking views and all the fun amenities we offer all of our guests. We truly hope you have the opportunity to join us again!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Sadly, on my birthday trip, this was the last night. I needed sleep. I got noisy staff, noisy carts and noisy neighbors. The room service food was bad. The spa was nice and loved my massage, but got a facial that caused a cut on my lip. The pool service was slow.

Room Tip: Not on an end of a building and not bottom floor.
Green Features: Good, except they were having a petting zoo and horses for some event. Hot and cruel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sea446
Dear Candance H,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We regret to learn that your stay was not what you had hoped for, and certainly does not meet the service and experience we like to provide to all of our guests. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences and hope you give us another try so we can provide you with the exceptional service and professionalism you expect and deserve!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!