“Great Hotel with Wonderful Service”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We loved the hotel from start to finish. The room was comfortable, lovely and large,though I will always make sure we are on the second floor facing the golf course on our visits.

The service was outstanding to the point that I felt like we were the only guests they had. In the bar our server gave me a small wine tasting before I selected my wine and the food there was exceptional. So much so we ate dinner there later that night rather than go into town.

Make sure and get the breakfast included option, the brunch is worth it and I thought I was over the Sunday brunch idea I'm glad we indulged. The food was interesting, fresh and again the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Second Floor facing the golf course
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear JeanNott186356,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had a magnificent time during your stay with us. We are delighted to know our team did a fantastic job providing you with excellent service and professionalism; making your stay memorable and exceeding your expectations! We truly appreciate your lovely feedback and hope you have the opportunity to join us again very soon!

Randy Zupanski

Write a ReviewReviews (2,581)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Loved my stay at this resort! As usual the beds were so comfortable which is the main reason I booked with Westin. The room was oversized with a nice big balcony and a rain shower. The grounds were beautiful. Another favorite was the gym which is the nicest gym I have seen in a hotel so far. A big plus which will be a huge reason for me coming back to this resort is that it is pet friendly and there is no fee (which other hotel charge). Although I did not bring my dog with me this time, we both will definately be coming back.

I do want to note that although the food at the restaurant was really good, although the prices were on the higher side such as $13 for oatmeal, the service could use some improvement. We had 4 waiters/waitresses come to the table but each did not know we have already been approached so we had to repeat ourselves with each person . Also breakfast should be served past 11am for those that wake up late. Exceptions were not made as we were told that all the breakfast items were thrown away including the eggs. Not sure if that was true or not since I find it hard to believe uncracked eggs would be thrown away...

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Twinkle316,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay in our resort. We are thrilled to hear you loved our spacious guest rooms and enjoyed the heavenly bed experience! We are delighted to know you appreciated our gym and the fact that we are a pet friendly resort; we love our furry friends! We have communicated your feedback with the department mentioned and we will make the necessary improvements moving forward. We look forward to welcome you and doggie to our resort very soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the first place I stayed when I started going down to Palm Springs. While technically not Palm Springs it's in the general area.

The staff were all very pleasant as usual and the standard room was quite big and clean which was nice.

Westins have the comfiest beds and best pillows (in my opinion) of any hotel chain so sleep was always deep and refreshing.

Ate dinner one night at the bar and the burger was dang tasty so that's a plus as well.

The grounds are large and luxurious which adds to the overall relaxation factor.

My only problem with this hotel is the parking. The rooms are strung out in a series of buildings which is not a problem but depending on the time of day or night, finding a parking space near your specific building can be a challenge.

I was here for four days and was only able to park near my building once. Not that it was a long hike to the room but it's just a convenience thing.

It's a very nice place but a bit off the beaten path if you're looking for a downtown experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RamblinAmerican,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our resort. We sincerely apologize for the parking inconvenience endured. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear our team was friendly and professional! We are also thrilled to know you enjoyed our heavenly bed experience as well as all the guest room amenities we offer for all of our guests! We are delighted to know our lovely grounds and breathtaking scenery made your stay even more memorable and relaxing. We hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

You can't go wrong at this property. The one bedroom units are spacious and well appointed. The property is meticulously maintained and the service is great. The pool areas have umbrellas and cabanas if you want to stay out of the sun. The two golf courses are beautiful and challenging. Palm Desert is a 15 minutes down the road, and there are all the services you need within a mile of the resort. Been there twice and will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa with a golf course view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear blebish,
Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay in our resort. We are delighted to know you enjoyed our lovely grounds, our breathtaking scenery and our team’s exceptional service. We are thrilled to know you had a fun and relaxing getaway playing some golf in our 2 championship golf courses followed by and enjoyable afternoon at the pool! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I love this place! After having just finished a poor review at one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, I return to memories of the Westin Mission Hills to remind myself that there are places where customer service, cleanliness, and peacefulness can coexist and bring us welcome respite from the noise and harried-ness of our daily lives. We usually stay on the east side of the main building, I believe, near one of the smaller pools, and it is quiet and very adult-friendly. In fact, the smaller pool is "adults only" which is lovely after spending a day at the main pool, where you can easily get your fill of kid-centered activities. The balance of both is nice, as are the lovely, large rooms, and the beautifully-kept grounds. I just feel that this is the perfect spot for a quick getaway from LA. The spa is lovely and well-maintained, and there are tennis courts, which are also sparkling. The staff is always helpful, polite, and friendly. I mean ALWAYS. They will help you with anything you need. I have stayed here multiple times (three) and I am always thrilled with the excellent service and helpfulness displayed by every staff member onsite (from housekeepers to front desk staff). They are pet-friendly, and my doggie loves visiting here as well. There are plenty of spaces to dog walk and everyone is very welcoming towards your pooch. Tip: check the SPG website (if you are a member) for excellent deals and discounts to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple, or with adult friends, you might want to request a room near one o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marisa C
WestinMissionHills, General Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Marisa C,
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate you choosing our resort as your mini getaway destination! We are delighted to know you had an spectacular time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy some quiet and relaxing time at our adult pool! We are thrilled to hear our team has continuously done a fantastic job providing you with exceptional service and always surpassing your expectations! We are happy our furry friend always enjoys the time spent with us as well; do not forget to bring your doggie to our Paws on the Patio happy hour on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We've stayed here 3 times and we don't golf. The staff make this place amazing for families as they all take time to make kids feel welcome. The waiters at the restaurant make breakfast an experience with 5 star service. Ricardo and every waiter we've had are great and we love family breakfast on the terrace watching the birds and the scenery.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear JasonKobus,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear our team did an amazing job proving you with exceptional service and professionalism! We are happy to know they were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay unforgettable. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed the lovely views from our picturesque Palm Springs! We hope you have the chance to join us again very soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The resort is beautiful. We went there for our honeymoon and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the place. The breakfast spread is awesome and so is the food. The golf course is spectacular. The rooms are spacious and amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AshaHegde

Dear AshaHegde,
Congratulations, and thank you for your recent review. We are ecstatic to know you had a wonderful time celebrating your honeymoon with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the delicious breakfast we offer at our restaurant as well as our lovely views, our spectacular golf courses and many other of our fun amenities! We are happy to know our team was able to make your stay memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!