We came to Palm Springs not really knowing what we were coming to or what we would find however, we had a great time and wished we could have stayed longer. The Westin Mission Hills looked beautiful as we drove in - it was all decked out for Thanksgiving/Christmas and the resort was beautiful. There were fountains and pools everywhere. The grass was green, there were flowers and ducks and other small birds. It was sunny and we could see the mountains from the resort. We had breakfast outside on a patio overlooking some nice parts of the hotel.
The really good points - the a/c in the room was virtually silent (and so was everyone else's, making for a quieter night's sleep), the cold buffet breakfast was complimentary, we were given a free spa treatment by the guy running the local radio station (not sure if he is there all the time). The staff were all helpful.
We were surprised by the size of Palm Springs and everything took much longer to get to than expected. However we briefly went to the Indian Canyon and we went out to eat at Cafe Des Beaux-Arts which was again picturesque and very yummy!
The only negative thing about the hotel was the coffee at breakfast which wasn't very nice compared with the coffee in the room! Oh, and internet access had to be paid for. These were very small things compared with the overall experience. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to be able to return for a couple more days!
Top tips - the breakfast is only buffet at the weekend - it's a la carte the rest of the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Starwood and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, California Desert, CA