“YMCA of RSF resorts”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Rancho Santa Fe, California
“YMCA of RSF resorts”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place needs a complete make over.
It is very outdated, management is nowhere to be found and feels like a YMCA.
The golf courses are lovely.
Restaurant has poor service
So many better options in beautiful RSF.
We are locals and we left.....don't join!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank krod r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband was golfing at Morgan's Run, so we booked a two night stay at the "resort." It is a resort for golfers and club members. For people just looking for something to do, not so much and for people expecting the hotel to be as nice as the "club" area that regular members enjoy--forget it. The hotel needs serious updating. The hallways--the first area guests see of a hotel--were sadly run down and in need of new carpet and new wallpaper or paint. The rooms looked like they were partially renovated--new bathroom tiles and granite counters, but the carpet was torn and stained and was the first thing you noticed about the room. Also, our room had a large peeling area in the closet, like someone painted over a water damaged area, but didn't bother to scrape the wall smooth first. And a few other things were just strange. One bathrobe and one bar stool. Don't most rooms usually have two of each of those? A mini-refrigerator, but no microwave? Also they were no elevators to get to the second floor. It isn't that we can't go up stairs, but we didn't want to haul our luggage up and down. We were sorry we didn't chose that floor, however, as you could hear the slightest noise from the people above you. We also got a view of the parking lot, not the beautiful golf courses. The dining room in the club house was fine and the food was good-- but be aware that a 20% gratuity is already added to your meal. Also the place doesn't open up until 8 am, which seems silly as many golfers go out pretty early in the morning. They did have a nice spa and gym area and tennis courts--which I didn't use, no one to play tennis with--and a outdoor pool--also nice, but at 57 degrees, too cold to use the days I was there. There is nothing else around the resort, only a residential area, and there are no vending machines anywhere for a quick can of soda and no complimentary coffee in the lobby, as most hotels offer. I wish we had known Del Mar was so close, as it was a lovely town with a beautiful beach and would have given me something to do besides walk around the residential streets and read a book while my husband golfed. So if you are not a member and are just going to golf, I suggest staying in Del Mar, where you will probably find nicer hotels and more to do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poem19girl
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stay at the Morgan Run several times a year. Great gym, and when we get lucky, a room with a beautiful golf course view. The restaurant and bar area, recently remodeled, has excellent food at good prices. Their breakfast potatoes are exceptional.
My only complaint is the TV reception could be better.
But would not keep us away. Always a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Check in was fantastic- the person who checked me in was attentive and ready. Walked to the room, carpets in the hallway and room were dirty and stained. (I wore shoes the entire time) Turned on the TV and it was stuck on the "in room" channel. Called the front desk, an "engineer" came in 5 minutes- problem solved. Checked the sheets- small black stains on the top and there wasn't even an extra sheet under the comforter meaning you are laying DIRECTLY under a sheet that someone else laid under before you (and did god knows what) as these are RARELY washed. No bed bugs- so that's a positive. Stains on the chairs. Went to plug in my laptop, the plug would not stay in the outlet, I had to charge my laptop and phone in the bathroom. Washed my hands in the sink and the plug was stuck closed and the water wouldn't even go down-the entire stay. Went to take a shower in the morning ALL of the sops/shampoo/conditioner/lotion were OPEN. I understand times may be tough but really? You value your guests so little that they aren't even worth a 50 cent shampoo? Turned on the shower and the water sprayed everywhere as the connection wasn't secure.

Upon exit they told me I needed to pay the $20 resort fee- I stayed one night and the only "ammenity" used was the internet. I told them it needed to come off and they took it off.

I will say I walked the grounds and they were beautiful. I would recommend visiting the facility but NOT staying at the hotel until they start valuing their guests.

Room Tip: Motel 6 would have been a better room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Emily I

Travellers are raving about these Rancho Santa Fe hotels

Arcadia, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked at the Morgan Run website well in advance and got a GREAT rate (even with the $20/day resort fee). Friendly and efficient check in. 2nd Floor Room on the corner in Building 100 had a parking lot view, but being on the end gave an extra window which made the room feel airy and bright. VERY comfortable bed with nice linens, great (but very small) in-room shampoo, conditioner and lotion. If you catch the cleaning ladies, they will gladly give you another. During the day, the golfers park **everywhere** including the spaces around the hotel rooms, which can make parking difficult if you come back much before 5 PM. Had lunch and dinner at the hotel with 2 different sets of friends - both were very good - beware the 20% service charge (which actually only a portion goes to your server - so kick in an extra amount if you felt your service was especially good. Carpet in the stairway was still amazingly dirty - and only mentioned because when my evening companions came to the room first - it really had a negative effect on their perception of the Morgan Run - they were reluctant to have dinner there - but I insisted and they were very pleased. You guys really need to clean those stairway carpets!!! Enjoyed my stay very much - and hope to stay again when I am in the area!

Room Tip: If coming off the freeway at Via De La Valle, stop by the market or deli and bring some drinks and s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Riccio1
Coto de Caza, California
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great food I mean, really good food not 5 star but good! Great bar and reception area. It is also a tremendous sports bar with fire pits and tv's outside by the fire pits.

My room was a bit dated, however the beds are great and the TV reception was not good. Great room VALUE at this low time of the year.

Excellent place overall for meetings and dining, we didnt golf.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank boosdyke
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Facility was very nice, good value, staff is always terrific. Pat and her front office staff are always accomodating and helpful. The golf staff is great (Nick is a tremendous asset to ClubCorp) The tennis facility is good, the fitness facility is great. I played golf twice at Morgan Run, played at Shadowridge, we had dinner at University Club, all on our club 1. Thank you for a nice week, we look forward to returning. One negative note, the halls in the hotel need painting, the carpet is soiled and stained. There has to be carpet somewhere that can take the abuse of muddy golf shoes and dirty feet. Mark Gold

Room Tip: Golf course view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Solana Beach
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar

Been to Morgan Run Club & Resort? Share your experiences!