“Stayed there many times”
Review of Sportsman Lodge

Sportsman Lodge
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Fernley, Nevada
“Stayed there many times”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have stayed at the Sportsman many times over the last 12 years and the rooms are always very clean and Barry is always friendly and accommodating. He always offers towels to clean my motorcycle, also. Great place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sacramento
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Barry runs a very tight ship. I had left behind a fairly expensive bluetooth headset that my wife had given me for Christmas. When I called later that morning, Barry had it in his possession and offered to mail it to me. It came yesterday. Thank you so much for sparing me an embarrassing explanation.

Not only is this a great place to stay, it's run by a very honest and helpful guy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed there one nite last week after moving OUT of a very annoying chain motel a little west. THIS place, Sportsman, is a great value, with management that is fantastic. Barry and his wife are very proud of this place, and it shows. Absolutely spotless. Barry told me of a laundromat very close by next to a good Mexican restaurant, so I was able to do my wash and have a great dinner. Sportsman is a very, very short walk from Tehama Fairgrounds (less than a city block type distance), and I was attending an event there, so it was perfect.

Barry told me about a couple of restaurants in town that will now give you a 10% discount if you mention that he sent you! How great is that? I have NEVER had this savings offer from any other motel/hotel, EVER, and I travel a lot.

I will definitely be back to Sportsman Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have dogs and so was looking for a hotel that would accept them. The Sportsman's lodge will accept animals . when the weekend came to go to Red Bluff, I ended up leaving my animals at home and I was concerned that the hotel would not be as clean as I would like. I usually stay at fairly nice nice hotels.

I was very pleasantly surprised of how clean the rooms were. The rooms are retro and are extremely clean and it looks like the people that own the place take a lot of pride in their hotel. The tvs are old but you hay a lot more useable channels than the Marriott. The bathroom and the shower was very clean .

Whether I travel with or without my dogs I plan to stay at this place when I am in town.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank eldoggo
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 21 February 2012

During transit from Vancouver to Scottsdale, I needed a place to overnight. The Sportsman Lodge, while dated in decor, had large, very neat rooms, and the WiFI internet was included.

The manager was very helpful suggesting places for dinner. All in all, a great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DBIT
Loma Linda, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I travel through Red Bluff about every 3-4 months to visit family in the Portland, Oregon area and this is our usual stop. Last spring we accidentally left a large pillow in the room. The owners saved it for us and returned it to us on our next visit. It is quiet and has plenty of parking-space to walk our 30 minutes and free Wi-Fi along with frig/microwave/cable TV and free local calls. We always get a king-sized bed and the mattress permits a restful night. Located just 2 miles east of the I-5 with many restaurants along Antelope Blvd. There is something for everyone here and the owners know us from our frequent stops. Guidebook for 100 of the top places for all the camping, boating, casino (20 miles), olive-tasting and whatever at the county seat of Red Bluff. We have checked all the lodging in Red Bluff and decided this was the best price for the buck. Oh! and you can bring man's best friend, too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on ground floor-no room is in a bad location. Parking at the door of the room.