“Decent Enough”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Quincy
“Decent Enough”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was a one night stay over, great price, room was clean, but for a spot on the carpet, pool was nice, good restaurants very close, would stay here again. I liked the unique floor plan, the entire bathroom could be closed off.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BHARAT J, Owner at Sportsman Lodge, responded to this review, 15 October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I can't say enough great things, The Sportsman Lodge so brings back awesome memories. Dated yes, but so nice to have those awesome childhood memories, Our room was clean, cozy, and Barry was so accommodating, he had our air conditioning on before we arrived so that our room would be comfortable. My husband and I have traveled over 1,200 miles in less then a week and I have got to say the Sportsman Lodge is one of our favorites. We will be back for sure...... Oh and the restaurant across the street was awesome, Barry recommended it ...... Thank you Barry for an unforgettable pleasant stay ......

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sicchik
Tulsa
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's older, (think your parent's or grandparent's motel) but a good one. Rooms are large, bed nice and firm, and its clean and cool. Cool is important in Red Bluff in the summer time. I travel here on business. I like the in room refrigerator, the microwave and the in room morning coffee, and the free internet. I've stayed at other places in this town and have had bad experiences. The Sportsman is my favorite, hands down.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 29 May 2013

After reading all the good reviews about the Sportsman Lodge, I didn't hesitate booking a room. Unfortunately, the room was just not clean. The carpet was dirty, the towels were thin and shabby and the furniture was quite outdated. The coffee maker was yucky and brown, we didn't want to use it. It was definately not worth $73. I wouldn't recommend this place for this money. If it's only to rest and get some sleep and the night's less than $60, I would do it. Otherwise, I would look for something else. However, the owner was nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ReginaSch
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Unfortunately this place just wasn't clean, which is a major issue for me. There was a ton of soap scum and mildew in the shower. Even the sink was covered in scum, which is really unacceptable. The blanket on the bed was torn up and the television was so old that the color was quite noticeably off. Everything was old, and that would have been fine if it had been kept up and was clean. For what we paid and from the reviews, I really expected better. It was in a quiet location if that is important to you. The one bonus was 10% off the restaurant across the street. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KimmyKim71
Placerville, California
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here on our way to Oregon. Great value, kind service. Very clean. I enjoyed the comfy chair with foot stool. If the timing works out right we will stay here on our way back. I loved the shower. Reminded me our cool tiled shower of the 60's.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Red Bluff, California
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Rooms are very clean, spacious, and they have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, cozy lounge chair, along with a great place for sitting and eating in the room. Also, the rooms have great t.v. selection and speedy wifi. When you need to cool down or warm up, the heater and air work great as well. Staff is very pleasing and hepful.Ilove that the location is near everything handy in this town. My fionce and i will be staying here again whenever we are in town.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great and available in smoking and non smoking.