“Usually avoid Motel 6 - should have this time.”
Review of Motel 6 Red Bluff

Motel 6 Red Bluff
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I usually travel with a pet, so when I saw that this Motel 6 was extensively remodeled and looked pretty decent in the pictures on line, I decided to try it. MISTAKE! The room was marginal, the bed was the worst ever - like sleeping on a board (and I like firm beds, but this was ridiculous) and there was no desk or table, no microwave, no refrigerator until I requested one three times and the shower leaked water all over the bathroom floor. The place was very noisy, the outside was poorly maintained and some of the clientele looked as if they might be dealing drugs - plus the place was very noisy with the road and train noise. I would NEVER consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Moosedreams, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the maintenance and comfort issues you experienced. These conditions are
Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us
provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This motel 6 is only 50 dollars. I'm assuming its because it's not in the best area, but there is not one other motel in that area as nice....Motel 6 in red bluff is very clean and the bedding was very impressive and as well the bathroom.Rooms looked completely renovated. When I check in the staff was very polite and professional,friendly but regardless they got my approval I will return for sure again..!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was driving back home after a week of family vacation, everything was perfect until my broke down. Luckily a highway patrol pulled ovr to helped us, the officer called a towe truck to take our car to an auto shop and we asked him for aa nice cheap place to rest he drove us to Motel 6 in Red Bluff. I wasn't a big fan of motel 6's never has stay in one before they have bad reputation. I really like this motel 6 we stayed we met good people and found the best clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was very disappointed went I notice I had to stay at Motel 6 in Red Bluff. For the first time my boss make me stay in a Motel 6 for 5 day`s at a business sale.. I was expecting my stay to be a nightmare after I read the bad reviews they have....Well surprisingly it was noting like that, I foud the most clean and quite room whit nice people in charge. I like the TVs new floors and also many option s for restaurant s close by....I will definitely stay here again for next time of work on Red Bluff.....

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The man at the front desk here was very nice and tried very hard to make things good for us, unfortunately I have to rate this hotel this bad. I look at reviews like crazy, this had quite a few good reviews and I figured that this trumped the bad, I was wrong. We saw people wondering around the hotel when we got there, this made us a bit nervous but didn't prevent us from staying, homeless people aren't a make of break for us to be in a hotel, it can happen anywhere. Anyways upon arrival into our first room I found what appeared to be Blood on the walls. In two different places actually in our room, this is disgusting, my boyfriend is much less squirmy then I am but he wanted to leave, he said he was pretty sure it was blood. We called down to the man at the front desk who was obliviously embarrassed and very apologetic and he gave us a different room. After he moved to the second room we found more on the walls, the sheets were clean in both rooms seeing as this was the first thing I checked, but these makings on the wall were just gross. I can't in my right mind recommended this to anyone. Obviously they need to work on cleaning. We have stayed in cheap hotels, this wasn't our problem, dish the extra money and stay somewhere clean. I hope to all of you that decide to stay here it works out better, but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Danielle A,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the housekeeping conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Let me just start by saying thank you to all the staff. They are all so nice. I dont know how anyone can say that they are rude. I mean maybe you took it that way because you were being rude to them. But anyways, i had gotten there super tired and a little irritated from all the traffic and driving but, the front desk clerk was so nice she had put a smile on my face by the time i walked out of the office :) Then when I had gotten to my room I was suprised with the beautifuly remodeled rooms. I mean wow! Bamboo flooring, very comfortable choice in new paint and the beds are soooo comfortable as well. I sleep soo good all night long, and the new tvs are amazing. Also the location is so conviniant, resturants are in walking distance. The grounds are quiet and safe. I had forgotten to roll up my drivers side window and absolutly nothing happend to my car witch made me feel even better here. I will definatly be satying here again and recommending this motel 6 to fellower travelers!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank PickeeLilMiss
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff members were very courteous and kind, knowledgable and willing to help with anything (suggesting restaurants, etc.) Houskeeping kept up my room beautifully, OH and the renovations are absolutely amazing!!! I first opened the door and all i could say was WOW! I was not expecting the new bamboo floors, big screen t.v., the bathroom was how i wish i had it at home, it was all very beautiful, it made me like like i was at home.

Room Tip: I only put low scores for kids activities because there were none and the same with the fitness cent...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family