“Worst Hotel Experience”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
California
“Worst Hotel Experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Reserved a room here for 2 nights and the first thing we saw in the room was a busted door jam, mildew and dead roaches in the bathroom. We asked the owner for another room and he stated that he would give us his 'Best" room. As soon as I turned on the bathroom lights in this 2nd room, there were live roaches scurrying across the bathroom counter and on the floor. To make matters worse when we informed the owner of the roaches he demanded to see them and continued to deny that we saw any. We asked for our money back since we now had to go look for another hotel at 11p.m at night and he refused. Even when we asked for the second night to be refunded he still refused. He wouldn't even give us a check-out receipt and said if anyone asks he would lie and say we stayed there for the 2 nights. All in all the owner is a cheat, the hotel is filthy (the telephone was covered in brown dirt) and the price is way too high for this hotel. I advise even my worst enemy to not stay here even for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank luv73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Weaverville, California, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Reserved a room for my mom and me 2 months prior..Called to check on reservation and happened to ask what the cost was that I was paying..Was $20 more a night than I had originally reserved it for. Asked why, owner informed me that it was a special weekend so he upped the price even though I reserved it for less..Asked if I could cancel a week prior to our stay and was informed that I could not. Didn't want to lose the money so went ahead and stayed. We arrived, asked for another room immediately..There were bugs coming out of the shower drain and crawling up the wall. The rooms, were poorly and cheaply remodeled, if you can even call it that, the room was dirty, the carpet turned my socks black, ended up throwing them away, the gfi outlet in the bathroom would pop everytime you used anything in the bathroom and if that wasn't enough, there were over 10 people in the room next to us partying all night, drunk and loud. They screamed at eachother, got in a few fist fights, slammed the doors, ALL NIGHT: we may have gotten 1 hour of interrupted sleep all night..Needless to say, I went to the front desk, and asked if I could cancel the next nights stay because I needed to pay for another hotel to get some much needed sleep and was informed that it was rodeo week and we needed to be flexible..I told them I wasn't there to party, or to attend the rodeo but there on business, and they were rude and said they were going to charge me for 2 nights stay anyways..I turned in my keys, asked them if they were willing to give me even the night that I would not be there return and he got angry with me and told me no. I felt unsafe, threatened, and absolutely horrified at the customer service..Worst hotel experiance of my life..Don't go here...Right down the rode in Anderson at a Motel 6 is a much better experiance and it was cheaper than this place..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank mammalovin3

Travellers are raving about these Red Bluff hotels

cottonwood
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We tried to stay here on New Years Eve with our 10 year old daughter, trying to find a place within walking distance to the Lariat Bowl, we found it on line at 43.99 a night for 2 dbl beds, we got there and they tried to charge us for 65.00/night,they gave us the $42/nite but were unhappy about it. The place stunk of rotton something after you turned on the heater, the beds were uncomfortable for anyone with a bad back, stains all over, 2 holes in the bedspread, to top it off, the 2 towels that were there looked like thin shop rags, I asked for 2 or 3 more, she said" 1 or 2 and I have to go outside to get them" I asked if I could borrow a blow dryer because I had forgot mine, she wasn't friendly, said she'd have to pull one off another wall, I said forget it. We left, went to Lariat Bowl, and drove back home; after 1in the morning(which isn't what we planned) 45 minutes away. They have no personality. We will stay next door in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paige D
seattle
Reviewed 22 August 2012

If there is no other place in town with a room available (it was for us), find another town. Traveling for business, everything else booked, colleague found a roach, we left town, this place wouldn't refund our money.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank travelfromseattle
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My disabled wife, her disabled father and our 7 year old little girl stopped here to get a room on the way to see family.
After paying a high price of $75 bucks for a room, they got to the room to find a very dirty room filled with dead and alive roaches. there was dead ones in the toilet and ones climbing the walls and ceiling.
After getting my 7 year old calmed down and got her to stop crying, They went to the office and asked for a refund.
The person on duty said "NO" and "you have to come back in 5 mins or else no refund, sign posted in room"
When my wife said something about all the roaches, He yelled back about "They no hurt you"
While they argued with him about a refund, a couple came in to rent a room and my wife told them not to being the place was filled with bugs and dirty.
So then the manager on duty started yelling louder and told them to leave.
After they left a truck drove up along side of them and some men started yelling things at them and harassing them.
Like others have stated it's Dirty,full of crime and has a very rude manager.

Room Tip: Drive a few miles more and get a real motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Travelmantis
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have stayef at a lot of buget hotels and this is the worst we have ever stayed at We stayed here on a long road trip for 5 hours . We were tired and forgot to ask to see the room first The place was dingy. There were stains in the shower and carpet. The carpet had not been vacuumed under the table. The person behind the desk was not polite. I would avoid staying here, there are better options in Red Bluff.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank TravelingOregonians
eugene or
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our room was recently remodeled - clean, no complaints. The manager was very nice and helpful. His family had bought this place recently and is beginning to remodel. This is a typical older property with a quaint feeling of family vacations from the past. Our room had two doors - one led out to the common area, a nice place for a picnic and easy access to the pool. It is a budget motel and older, but worth the money. We used a travel coupon book and the price was excellent. We stayed here before Christmas and will stay there again. I recommend ignoring the bad reviews - ask for a remodeled room and give new management a chance.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business