“THIS PLACE IS CRAP!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Gateway Inn

Gateway Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

What a dirty filthy place. Run as fast as you can. Dirty rooms. Terrible service at the desk. Looks like the beds are old as hell. Lady will not refund your money. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FIND A BETTER PLACE

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Brushog
There are newer reviews for Gateway Inn

Reviewed 23 June 2014

RUN. RUN AWAY. This hotel is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. In addition to horrendous service (wouldn't give me extra towels without complaining!), there was a dead roach in the room, water stains on the walls, the water runs brown, the hot-water knob came off in my hand, the toilet leaked, the whole place smelled, the walls are paper-thin and there was garbage floating in the green, rust-filled pool that I couldn't even bring myself to dip a toe in. Awful service, awful rooms. Will never stay there again and will be calling Department of Health to complain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kristina K
Reviewed 13 May 2014

WE GOT INTO PARKING Lot And Immediately Got told No Rooms!! Hardly No One Was There!!! They were very rude!! They then proceeded to tell us less than 5 min later to get our stuff and go!!! They were not professional!!! They all kept staring at us the whole time we were there!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ahayes91109
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Totally disgusting!! Room smelled of mold. Flushed the toilet and water leaked all over the floor. Went to the desk and the jerks handed me a towel and a bucket to catch the leaks!! Then they charged us twice but my bank cancelled the second charge. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank katbalou45
Reviewed 1 March 2014

So, we drove all day (15 hrs) made the reservation online, as usual. The lady @ the front would not let me in the lobby (it was after 10 pm, 10:06 to be exact). It was very cold out, I could see my breath! She was not able to locate my reservation at first (which I found odd, considering there were literally 2 other cars in the lot). Finally she was able to find the reservation, but she was having trouble getting the money from expedia. Now, let me say that I have made many of these reservations, and have NEVER had to wait for a hotel to "get the money"! This is not something that is my fault, and I feel that it was extremely unprofessional to make me wait out in the cold for 20 minutes while she tried to straighten it out! This should have been taken care of, as the money was removed from my account right away. Even though she was having an issue, she should have showed me my room, and taken care of it on her own time. Well, FINALLY I was given a key. Went to the room, it was indescribable. I have NEVER seen a more filthy room! There were literally seamen stains on the headboard, filth everywhere, the lights would not turn on, she had to come fiddle with them. I was completely taken aback. I should have left the lights out! We took the bed apart, and the sheets were stained, they looked like they had not even been washed, complete with little hairs.....the walls were all stained and dirty. The smell...I can't even describe it! My husband brought our bags in, and I immediately set them back outside! I worry that there might have been bugs or lice! Certainly bed bugs! I called expedia 3 times, and they DID take care of me, however, the flea bag motel would not issue a refund! I was livid. I have never written a bad review, but cold not let this go! I have to warn everyone not to stay here, unless you just need the room for an hour, if ya know what I mean! I did take pics, and will be posting them asap.

Room Tip: Here is my tip, RUN far far from this dive!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tabatha E
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My Husband and I visited RedBluff a few weeks ago and stayed American Inn Express and the rooms were clean and neat. Beds were comfortable, Yes the place is old but they are trying real hard to fix it up. Would stay their again the NEW Owners are really trying hard to please. Great price for a overnite stay. Thankyou.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanieschwoerer
Reviewed 29 December 2013

To start with, the motel was empty, which was disconcerting. I asked the woman who checked us in if it was safe, and she shrugged her shoulders and replied that it was a small town. I don't know if she meant that it was safe, or not. The room was VILE. It was dirty. The doors were poorly repaired. The heater did not work at first, and when it finally did, it was so noisy it kept waking us up. The beds were old and lumpy. The bathroom was one of the dirtiest I've ever seen. The pink walls had been "repaired" in sections with white paint. There was dirt everywhere. It looked like something out of a bad movie. In the middle of the night, an old couple checked in several doors down, and I could hear them outside coughing and smoking. We booked with Hotwire, and they refused to help us when we called to complain about the motel. It was listed as a 2 star, which is really the problem, because it should not have been on the rating system. Hotwire insisted it was a 2 star. Either they have a room that has been renovated to show the inspectors, or Hotwire has a very bad rating system. Although it was a "non-smoking" room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. We all slept in our clothes, which then reeked of cigarettes in the morning. Other reviewers had worse experiences, so I should be relatively happy and I should point out that we did not get bed-bugs, and the sheets seemed clean.

They may have updated rooms someplace in the complex, but we did not see them, and Hotwire's inspectors must be blind. Hotwire was impossible to deal with, so we will not be using them again.

Room Tip: Do not book through Hotwire. And avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family