“Everything you expect from a cheap hotel”
Review of Classic Inn

Classic Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Melbourne
“Everything you expect from a cheap hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Easy check in, friendly staff, clean enough and all the usual things you expect from a cheap hotel. Good value considering the price. Much better than the Sky Terrace down the road. I would stay here again if I find myself back in Red Bluff.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jikestraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I chose this motel because it has internet, A/C and I only wanted to spend about $50 because I was really just sleeping there, but needed to do a bit of work on the internet before going to sleep. I can't explain- it's not horrible at all. But I definately would not bring kids here. There are cable wires along the wall and definately bring your own towels. There is a microwave, flat screen tv, microwave. I just kinda feel like I'm staying at the hotel in the movie Drugstore Cowboy. The hotel where the hat was put on the bed. Very 1970's vibe. But it is clean and seemingly safe.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Evan E

Travellers are raving about these Red Bluff hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were on a road trip and just needed somewhere cheap and convenient to stay for a night. It was not too bad for the price.

The outside was pretty sketchy looking but the room itself was nice. The TV worked well and the wifi was fast and not finicky (tough to find in any hotel it seems.) My biggest complaints would be the noise of the A/C and the bathroom. When the A/C kicked on, it sounded like the door being opened which made it hard to fall asleep. The bathroom didn't seem to match the rest of the room as it felt much older and crappier than the bedroom area. It was clean though.

There was a desperate lack of outlets in the room and my girlfriend and I had to stack our phones on top of each other on the edge of the sink to charge as the only outlets were in the bathroom.

The man who owned the motel lived on the property in one of the rooms which made me feel safer staying there. His English was a little tough to understand sometimes, but he was kind and helpful.

The price is really hard to beat, but based on the other reviews, it sounds like some rooms are just better than others. We had 203 and it was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keegan S
Granada, Nicaragua
Reviewed 24 February 2014

i used to be a smoker, so it's not like i'm a sissy or anything, but i do think that smoking inside is unacceptable. Every room is supposedly non smoking, but the two rooms we were shown smelled like smoke. Both bed spreads and blankets we had on our beds had holes from cigarettes. my family and i stayed here for 5 nights because it was the cheapest option... but it made us all a bit stuffed up and gave me headaches. They do NOT offer breakfast and have signs that proclaim that they also do NOT offer coffee. Bummer to have to rise first thing in the morning and drive to the closest drive thru for a cup o' joe. Other than that, the family that runs the property seems very nice.

Room Tip: try to choose one that smells the least like smoke.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We reserved a room at the Classic Inn online for VERY cheap. When we checked in, they were very helpful and polite. We asked about a good place to eat dinner, and they showed us a list they had made of restaurants they recommended. They then recommended a specific restaurant and gave us a voucher for a ten per cent discount. (See our review on Los Mariachi's) This is a very old motel, but our room was clean, comfortable, and the heater worked great. As the picture shows, the building is on a slight hill and the walkway has a moderate slope in a couple places. I was on crutches and had to be careful on the slopes, but it worked. All things considered, we would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert J K
Tustin, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I travel often and the last time I paid a price like that for a hotel was 1980! What a deal!

Yes- it's certainly not the Taj Mahal. However, the room was clean, the wifi worked great, I had a flat screen TV, the air conditioner was powerful and the bathroom shower was very good.

I can't get over how inexpensive it was! And no, there were not roaches, bed bugs, or transients. The lone drawback is that it's not really close to any restaurants (3 blocks away) which I like as a solo motorcyclist.

Ok - so don't plan your honeymoon here but if you're looking for a nice and inexpensive place to stay - it's just fine.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SouthwestDude
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you're looking for clean, we'll kept motel don't stay here. The staff is not proficient in english and very hard to understand. When we got in the room it's very hot, worried ac wasn't working. It eventually did. The room is old and it shows. Unknown origin of stain on carpet so wear shoes at all times. The light switches are of the 70's era and not sure they would pass todays safety codes.
There is no fan in bathroom nor window (given the area I wouldn't want a window in bathroom). Don't be scared when you notice holes where deadbolt used to be, they now have electronic locks.
That and a chair jammed under door knob provided an even stronger sense of security. On a positive note the closet is a good size just difficult to access. There are no blankets on the beds, expecting you to use bedspread and no telling when they were washed last. The shocking find of mold on the box spring (yes, box spring) was disgusting. The shower is very small, old and in serious need of an industrial sized scrubbing. With the nightly and weekly rates I would highly recommend any other motel (even motel 6). They would have to be cleaner than this one
A positive is the flat screen tv, free wifi. (Have staff write password due to their limited English skills.

Room Tip: Try for first floor. Only one set of stairs to service second level.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends