“pleasantly surprised”

Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and was amazed with the service of the staff. The hotel is also relatively new. They served some breakfast items earlier when they knew that I'm leaving early. Just FYI, there's a railroad in the area so the passing train might wake you up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank romeostasis
Dominique C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello, Thank you very much for the awesome review. We are very happy that you had a wonderful stay and that all of the staff could provide that for you!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here. We only stayed for one night, as we were on our road trip and just passing through. We all had a good time. We were very impressed to see Dominique, (who is a Manager) working very hard at the breakfast. She is pleasant and friendly, and remembered us from last year. The kids love the pool, and we love the comfy beds. We had a few minor issues, but they were all rectified very quickly by the maintenance man on duty. We will definitely stay here again. Very happy to see that the hotel is still well maintained, and most importantly CLEAN! Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mummybearof3

Hello, Thank you so much fro your amazing review. All of us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Red Bluff CA take pride in what we do and the level of service we provide and we are very happy that, that was recognized by you! Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I'll preface this by saying that we stayed here while there was a very large contingent of firemen also there. That said, all the noise issues I'm going to call out have nothing to do with that.

1. The luggage cart wheels need to be replaced. They make a lot of noise.
2. The room doors bang. Loudly. Fix that.
3. The back door bangs. Loudly. Fix that too.
4. The elevator makes a really loud ding noise. I could hear this from our room at the farthest end of the hall. Why do you have the sound turned on at all?

Outside of these noise issues, I can report that:
-room was great
-breakfast was above average
-front desk staff were absent for 10m during peak checkout period

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian A
Dominique C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hello, Thank you for all of your feedback. I am very sorry that these issues took place during your stay with us. We welcome greatly all feedback from guests so that we can improve all of the areas we are lacking in. All of theses issues will be carefully looked at and taken care of the best that we can. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope that we see you here again at the Holiday Inn Express in Red Bluff to give us a chance to make up for your last stay.
This review is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were driving from San Francisco to Oregon and we decided to stay here for a break.

Check in was fast and friendly.

We checked in the evening and wine and cheese tastings were offered.
Nice Touch.

Room was great. Slept well.

Breakfast was good.

Excellent stay.

This is suggestion about the area.
Just a tip for travelers: If you stay in this area, understand I think they roll up the sidewalks early. We tried to find some suggested places to eat, but the places had closed early.

Found pizza but it was not what we wanted.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dominique C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Hello, Thank you so much for your great review we are so very happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. We are also glad that you got to enjoy the wine and cheese tasting during your stay. Its a shame that you coulnd't get what you wanted to eat unfortunately since we are such a small nothing stays open to late.
Thank you again for the great review and feedback to other guests as well.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very clean and quiet with huge, almost cavernous rooms. Bed was very comfortable and it was nice to have the choice of pillows. Breakfast buffet was nothing unusual, but had all of the basics. Cookies at the front desk which is always a nice touch. Didn't use the indoor pool because of the heavy chlorine smell. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dominique C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hello, Thank you so much for your great review I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear when guests are happy. Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Brand new hotel. I travel a lot on business, maybe 90 nights a year. This is one of the nicest places I've stayed this year. It is clean, quiet, solid floors (no Frankenstein stomping from above). High ceilings make the room seem larger. I prefer a king room because they have a desk and easy chair with ottoman. Decent in-room coffee. Large, new flat panel TV. At this point I try to stay in a Holiday Inn Express if I can, they are usually the cleanest place in town.

I didn't use the breakfast this time because we were there on a weekend (working) and 7am isn't early enough for me. We went to Tremont in downtown which is a great place for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Tremont is the best restaurant in Red Bluff. M&M is okay, there is a Mexican Place which is bor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Dominique C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Hello, Thank you so much for your awesome review. I am so happy that we could deliver such a great experience to you. I am happy that you know exactly which room type is perfect for you in our hotel so we can make sure to put you in that one every stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not get to experience breakfast but next time let us know and we will do what can to try and start it a little early for you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you here again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This HIE is very nice even in my pet friendly room. I know it's out of the hotels control but druggies were smoking meth outside the back entrance of the hotel as I brought in my stuff. Otherwise great stay ruined by a uneasy night sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review and also feedback. I want you to know that we take the feedback from our guest very seriously and we have taken all the appropriate measures to insure this does not happen again! Thank you again and We hope to see you here again so we can deliver a better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bluff
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corning

Been to Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area? Share your experiences!