“We have stayed here twice We are done.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed 21 July 2011

If you love strong chemical smells trying to cover poor cleanliness and maintenance, this is your place. The rooms are large with decent furnishings. The beds are comfortable enough but cleanliness is not a priority here from our experience. To put it bluntly, the place smells badly and the elevators just plain stunk. The breakfast was below standard when compared to other Comfort Inns. The staff on the front desk shouldn't be in the hospitality industry. There are better options for the money. The first time here, we found the place just average but less than a year later, it has gone badly down hill in the cleanliness department.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2011

We chose this hotel mainly because of it's location close to the highway, and the price.
The girl at check in was nice, and helpful. The room was huge, had a sofa and chairs, so you can sit and watch tv not on the bed. I believe the room usually costs more but as we booked on Expedia we got a great rate. The room was a bit dated but it was super clean and even had a balcony. There are the usual fast food places around, and an Applebees. We were the first ones to use the pool for the summer and it was great after a day driving.
The wifi was really good, and the breakfast was pretty good too- toast, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, danishes, eggs and sausage patties.
We would stay here again if we were driving north from San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Check in was uneventful. Asked for a top floor, back of building, and got it. The manager, DJ, was friendly and professional. Room was spacious, bed was on the soft side but felt good, sheets were newer and quality, everything was perfect. Skipped breakfast for an early trip but it was offered in the morning. Quiet little town and if I had a complaint, it would be ''dial up speed'' of the wifi. Fortunately, I carry my own modem.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank L.Talbot
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Checked in after a 11 hour drive from southern CA and found one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. The rooms were clean, and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This was the first time I did not love my stay. We have stayed here several times in the last decade or so- great location to sleep en route to area sights. Pizza @ Luigi's was good, plus Applebees will deliver. Rooms are big. There was a nasty wierd smell in the room, so we asked for another room. That one smelled the same- so we kept the first one as it was on a higher floor so we left the sliding door open to our balcony. Again, I have always been VERY happy here, but the smell is bad- which made me look closer and I noticed signs of age, like cracks in the shower surround, arm chair is old and felt unsafe, and staff needs to vacuum corners & upholstered furniture. Sorry to say, I will look for another motel next trip, and hope this one can afford better upkeep while they stop using whatever chemical makes it smell nasty.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

This is a great hotel that understands some basics - comfortable, spacious rooms that are immaculate, particularly for those of us that travel with clean, well behaved pets. After 2 really bad pet friendly hotels on our way to Phoenix, this place was a gem. I can truly agree with the previous good reviews. The only thing I don't agree with is the reviews on the breakfast - greasy sausage and what tasted like powdered eggs that were cold and rubbery that upset our stomachs for at least 24 hours.
One further recommendation to the owners/management - when we asked the young woman at the front desk for a restaurant recommendation, she responded with "I can't afford to go to a restaurant so I can't recomend one." That may be so and I feel for her but that statement doesn't help travellers. Fortunately, a gentleman appeared from the back office, possibly the owner and recommended the "Green Barn" which was excellent. Will review that on restaurants.
Will definitely stay here on our return.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Very nice hotel, all the furniture and accessories in the room were dust free. The rooms were nice and large and easy to maneuver without knocking anything over. I was able to to set up my office within minutes which helped me get my work done. The room was equiped with all the necessities including a nice size refrigerator/freezer microwave, coffee maker and even a nice iron which i used in the morning. I chose this Hotel because Sam the front desk rep. insisted that i stay and gauranteed me that the internet would work great and my stay would be pleasant. I nominate his compassion for his work performance because he stood behind his promise a 110%. This is the only Hotel that i tipped the housekeeper for doing a fantastic job on my 5 day trip because great Hotels are hard to find these days. Two Thumbs Up

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Best Western Plus Corning Inn
Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
1 mi away
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!