“Pleasant river view scenery”

Travelodge Red Bluff
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was one of the best we came across during our stay. We got a great clean comfortable room next to river. Unlike many basic hotels this hotel had a great price and nice scenery view rooms of the river. I would stay here again and recommend it back home.

Room Tip: looking for basic economical hotel with a great view and close to restaurants this one will provide...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
nick p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Red Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the river view. Thank you for nice comments about finding the best hotel on your visit.
Look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Red Bluff

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We paid $50 for a night (including taxes and booking fee) and thought this place was very good value. It's a budget two-story motel, but clean (stairs only to second floor). The room was spacious. It overlooked the river and swimming pool Large lawn. Our room had only a shower (no tub) but that's all we needed. They must be pretty popular because they were fully booked the night of our stay. Room had decent wif fi, fridge and microwave and was in a safe area.

The only reasons I did not give an "excellent" were two fold (1) the AC though powerful, was noisy, and (2) there were some ants in the room (another guest in another room also complained of ants), As I used to live in hot dry climes, I know that they can be difficult to eradicate when the temperatures soar and eventually just go away on their own. They did say they were planning to spray

But all in all excellent value for the price, especially the day after I paid $170/night for a hotel room that wasn't half as nice.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a first-floor room as you will have to walk up exterior stairs...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest
We appreciate nice comments about the hotel. Located near river with 2 acres we try our best to keep hotel in order. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel looks great on the outside. The pool looks inviting. But the room smelled so bad that we had to leave the door open. We turned on the a/c. Waited an hour. It didn't even help... still smelled awful. The manager was nice enough to let me check the other rooms, and sadly they all smelled the same. Musty. Bad odor. Stuffy. Like they have never been aired out. We had to leave and stayed at a different hotel across the bridge.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mindymaya

Dear Guest
We are sorry for inconvienence caused during your stay.
But our rooms are constantly aired out on a daily basis.
We are sure we can make your next stay more memorable.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Checked into find my room it had dead ants all over floorboard along with 3 daddy long leg spiders with webs. Called front desk and requested a new room. They said I could get a new room and were very accommodating. I asked if she wanted to check out the room and she said no she was the only person on duty. Got to new room and more of the same. Webs with spiders and dead bugs inside. I decided to live with it and took kids swimming in pool. When we returned I had kids shower. I picked up the kids bathing suits off floor and noticed about 50 black hairs. I was done. Called front desk and she said I could cancel. I went to a different hotel down the street with an excellent rating. The next day they refused to refund my money because I had used the facilities. I did. I took the kids swimming. It's my fault for not thoroughly inspecting room once I checked in. If you are cheap like me it's not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank HotelQuest2014

Dear Guest
We are glad that we could accommodated your needs. Being close to river we do try our best to keep the property clean.
Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For the rate we paid, we weren't expecting much, but this hotel is way overdue for major renovations. The room was musty and smelled of smoke, previous guests had left some sticks of incense behind so that helped a bit. The bed was ok, but it was a king and there was no fitted sheet, just an extra flat sheet wrapped around the mattress which didn't quite cover it. The towels were also pitifully thin and scratchy. Definitely need to invest in new linens...

But other than that, it was ok. The bathroom was showing signs of age as well but at least it was clean. AC worked well despite being an ugly noisy beast that was missing it's front panel. But with a clean comfy bed in a cool room with lots of cable channels and a nice pool, can't complain too much. We ended up staying two nights even though we only planned on one originally. Although, if I had it to do over, I'd pay a smidge more and just stay at the Comfort Inn. Much nicer, just up the road and they actually serve breakfast. (Denny's no longer counts as good imho) But if you're in a pinch, the Riverbank in is ok. Lord knows, you can do a lot worse in Red Bluff...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pacificpyro

Dear Guest
We are glad you had a pleasant stay. The hotel is constantly upgrading with changes.
Look forward to your next stay in town.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hospitality and cleanliness on the river with great pool. Pet friendly, too. Didn't have my pet with me, but will return. Not a trace of pet smell in the room. Comfortable bed and pillows; also refrigerator and microwave in room. Plentiful hot water and water pressure, in-room hair dryer, etc.
Safe !!! Accidentally left my drivers side window in the car rolled down all night. Had computer and guitar in the car in the back seat. All safe next morning ! 10% discount next door at Denny's on restaurant food when staying at hotel. Good periodicals and brochures in the lobby of sights and scenes to explore in nearby areas. Nick is a great host and works hard to keep the pool crystal clean and the grounds well-kept. Highly recommended. Under $70 with my AAA discount. Best deal in Red Bluff. Tina Brennan Nevada City, CA

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amorlista

Dear Guest
We appreciate your nice comments about the hotel being clean and safe leaving your car window open.
Look forward to your future stay next time in town.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chose this motel for proximity to the river and reasonable rates. Check-in was very pleasant but the fact the air conditioner in the lobby didn't work should have been a warning sign. Got all luggage moved into room before noticing carpet was wet and showed signs of evaporation near door to the parking lot, room smelled bad, oversized headboard was not attached to either wall or bed frame, oversized bed (king?) was made up with sheets which did not fit or cover mattress, and room air conditioner was just as broken as the one in the lobby. Had intended to stay two nights but left after one because broken A/C made room untenable after about ten AM. Manager at check-out said "you could have asked to be moved to another room" but, as a former hotel manager, I feel such a request should not have been necessary. Poor quality control has lost these folks a potential repeat customer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
nick p, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Red Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest
We are glad you enjoyed our location and staff but if you had mentioned about a problem in the room the staff would of gladly taken care of the problem and changed your room upon checkin.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bluff
#11 of 16 in Red Bluff
Super 8 Corning
Super 8 Corning
#2 of 8 in Corning

Been to Travelodge Red Bluff? Share your experiences!