“Welcoming and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Redcrest Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Redcrest
Redcrest Resort
Tulsa
“Welcoming and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Spent our honeymoon driving down the PCH. Stopped here for the first night - was greeted with a "congratulations" banner and a very sweet note from the staff. Room was great for the night and the woman at the front desk helped us plan our drive through the avenue the next day!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Calhan, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We only stayed 1 night, but would have liked to spend a little more time relaxing. We stayed in cabin #12, comfortable bed and very quiet. We had smores in the campfire ring. It was fun to see the kids from the other cabin playing outside with each other. Takes me back to when I was a kid and we didn't need WiFi and TV to have a good time. Staff was very friendly during check in and check out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hancock, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We pulled up after a 4.5 hour drive from Oregon, tired and ready to relax. After having stayed at 2 great cabins previously, my standards were high, maybe too high. I walked in to check in and was immediately met with an irritated woman, I guess due to breaking up a conversation she was having with a friend/co-worker, which must have been more important than checking in a customer. After checking in and heading out of the office, I brushed it off. We drove up to our cabin and the outside was very appealing. When we got inside however, it was a different story. It smelled slightly off and we could immediately hear the humming from the mini fridge in the room. I booked a cabin without a kitchen thinking we would be able to easily microwave leftovers we had and store our food in the mini fridge. Unfortunately, we were informed in the "welcome" packet, this was a non-cooking cabin which meant NO dishes. There were two wine glasses but we were told we were not allowed to wash our dishes in the sink. That night, we had to turn on a fan to drown out the sound from the fridge. The furniture was very old and the TV was mounted in the farthest corner from it, leaving it very hard to see. We were excited to walk the trail to their advertised "Walk Through Tree" which turned out to us climbing a hill to a redwood that a hold was clearly cut into with a chainsaw as we walked through a squared out hole cut in the tree. The mini fridge froze all the food we had in it. Needless to say, we were happy when we checked out. Avoid at all costs! There are plenty of hotels in this area you can stay in! The only thing this place had going for it is it is on Avenue of the Giants Hwy. and close to Founder's Grove.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank krich112
Moretown, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Called to let them know we would be late, and they waited for us and met us as we arrived. Tayna and her mom were very personable and helpful. Our cabin had a Happy Anniversary sign across the door and a really nice letter inside regarding marriage and our anniversary. Helpful with places to eat, to visit, and anything we may have needed. I agree that there were signs all over as one person stated, but they were necessary signs to keep the place clean and working okay. I did not find them offensive. Bed was very comfortable, we had a table and 2 chairs in the room and a shower stall instead of a tub, which was fine for us. Place was very clean, campers we located around our cabin and they were very quiet. If all you need is a comfortable bed, clean bath, and nothing "fancy", this is a really good place to stay. We had cabin 11 and would stay in it again.

Room Tip: Cabin 11 and I believe 12 were off by the big campers and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

On a road trip up the coast, I originally planned to stay in eureka. I found redcrest resort online and made a reservation to stay amongst the redwoods on avenue of the giants. In hindsight, I should have just driven on avenue of the giants and kept my reservation in eureka. Good things about redcrest resort: situated amidst gorgeous trees, 2 bedroom cabin had enough beds for my family, playground area with frisbees and balls for the kids. Bad things about redcrest resort - innkeepers were not friendly, cabins were very kitschy decorated in over-the-top- grandma-style, signs posted through out the cabin about what you can and can't do, such as washing your dishes and putting them away or you will be charged (after paying $200 a night, I expect that to not be my responsibility, but the "resort's"), two binders with more information about what you can and can't do, no wi-fi which was the website stated they did have, very small bathroom with a shower head that me and my kids had to squat to use and with mold and mildew around the whole shower, both on the floor and ceiling I felt like I needed Clorox wipes after walking in the bathroom. After a 15 day road trip, I'd say this "resort" was at the very bottom of my favorite list.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ylerb
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a one nighter. You come in, park your rig, spend the rest of the day at the Avenue of the Giants forest highway, then go. It's clean enough, but you feel like you are living in a mobile home park. No camping ambiance. Please take the time to hike a little among the giant trees - you will always remember it.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AlinerX2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

First, the place isn't a resort at all, but there is a hot tub, a pong-pong table and lots of signs telling you what you can't do. They claim to have wi-fibut they don't. "That's why it's free."

Verizon works well there; AT&T does not. The trailer we stayed in (#14 "Vacation Home") was clean, simple with plenty of hot water for showers. The tv and DVDs worked and the beds we're fine. The people who run it are a bit aloof and also run a cheezy gift shop (big foot!) in front. Stay if you must, but I won't be returning. $220/night but not a value.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sirjoshalot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcrest
Benbow Historic Inn
Dean Creek Resort
Dean Creek Resort
#1 of 1 in Redway
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel

Been to Redcrest Resort? Share your experiences!