“Staff is friendly but very average experience”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights for the Memorial Day weekend. The rooms are spacious -they have a good fridge and microwave in every room. The walls are paper thin and you can hear noises from across the next room (and even from the room below) - and I am not talking about loud noises. The pillows were too soft - I usually stay at Marriott properties and they have a mix of soft and not so soft pillows. The high-speed internet was well, close to dial-up speed.
Breakfast was good, though the breakfast room tends to get crowded if you arrive after 7:30.
Beds were nicely done and the room was clean (except when we checked in, we found a toothpick on the floor next to the bed). All appliances and lights were in perfect working order.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed on the trip from souther CA to WA for one night. The rooms are large, comfortable, great beds, wonderful bathroom, free wifi, and tasty hot breakfast. I would stay at this location again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed 3 nights as a base for visiting Lassen National Park. We had a large room with king bed and balcony for $89+ per night. Room and balcony with chairs was great. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants. Bed extremely comfortable, shower great, strong wifi and nice breakfast.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sherry F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

We thank you for your response to the survey and your kind comments. This will encourage our staff to continue in our efforts to please all guests that stay with us. Hope to see you again.

Sherry Ferguson, Dir. of Sales
Comfort Inn
850 Mistletoe Lane
Redding, CA 96002

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I traveled to this location on 03/25/12 for business. I normally try and stay at Comfort Inns whenever I have traveled and probably have stayed at close to 50 throughout the US.

The hotel was conveniently located...and there were a number of restaurants within walking distance.

A nice touch to the hotel are the balconies (although my weather did not cooperate)

When I arrived the staff was very friendly and engaging.

Originally I was placed on the 1st floor.

There were two very large fans running just outside the room that I initially was placed in. I asked if they were going to be running all night and the clerk was not sure. I am not sure why there were fans on the carpet...I was told they were also on the second floor so obviously there were some moisture issues.

When I changed to the third floor as I exited the elevator I immediately encountered an odor that was much like the scent of Old Spice. While it did not permeate the interior of my room you still were hit with it everytime you exited the elevator.

The room was fine...they had not updated their electronics to flat screens so there was still a very bulky 32 or 36 inch screen sitting in the middle of the room that pivoted.

The room was otherwise not noteworthy...as indicated by my title it just needed a facelift.

The AC was of the window mount variety rather than thermostatically controlled central air.

The internet connection was really bad...it kept knocking me offline and I kept having to log back on. I had a data line on my IPad and it was actually more reliable there than the free internet.

Their version of the business center was out in the open so you did not have privacy if you wished to view secure documents. I was there on work that had an element of privacy and wanted to print some documents but did not feel comfortable with the lack of privacy.

Would I come back? Yes...but more because I am a Comfort Inn loyalist than because the hotel "knocked my socks off". I do think if I do return I will first see what other Choice Hotel options are in the city.

Room Tip: Definitely get a balcony room if you go...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kkmosco
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed here in mid March 2012 in one of their larger "suites". We loved the room and the hotel was quite nice. However, the pictures of our specific room were not accurate so we didn't get exactly what we thought we were getting. Also, we were not aware of the free breakfast until after we returned from our trip. The hotel staff forgot to tell us. It was very very clean and the room was quite nice. We prepaid a week in advance and paid $87 for a $129 suite.

Room Tip: Ask if a larger room is available at the same rate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HumboldtRedwoods
Sherry F, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and especially for the nice review:)
Your comments are very important as we will use this information in an ongoing effort to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

After an all day drive I was pleasantly surprised at the quality suite I had at this property. I had a nice balcony so I could step out for a breath of the clean air in Redding. It was walking distance to several restaurants that I took advantage of. Comfortable bed and good internet service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnF023

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property, and both times I've had a positive motel experience.

In both of my experiences, the rooms are vary spacious - large enough that a low chest of drawers separates the rooms into lounging and sleeping areas. Not exactly a suite, but a family would not constantly be bumping into each other; ie a good "suite-alternative".

The beds have been comfortable, with decent linens. Very close to I-5, but removed enough so that freeway noise is imperceptible. Totally non-smoking rooms, and breakfast is provided.

Those are the positives, which outweigh the negatives. Our negatives are fairly trivial, and specific to our travel dates, I'm sure. We are frequent I-5 road warriors, doing the trek between the Pacific Northwest and SoCal. Our travel dates this time were between 12/20 and 12/28/11, so there were a lot of families traveling with adolescents over the holidays. This meant that breakfast was chaotic. In my prior experience at this motel, that was less of a problem. Also, garbage pick-up at 5am was jarring, but necessary and unavoidable.

In sum, this Comfort Inn's positives far outweigh its negatives, and not only would I recommend it, but I will look forward to staying there again when traveling through.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple