“great spot”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I always check Trip Advisor for ideas on where to stay, and this was a great choice. Cozy duvet, nice furniture and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PChumbley

Reviewed 16 May 2011

After reading multiple reviews for Redding hotels, my wife and I decided to stay at the Travelodge for one night on our way south on I-5. The location is off the freeway by about 3 miles or so on old US 99. I brought my bike with me so I could ride the Sacramento River Trail, which is very nice. The location is fairly close to the trail and to the Sundial Bridge. The bathroom was clean, but judging the cleanliness of the room was difficult due to the dark carpet and the dark furnishings. The microwave was located on top of the bathroom counter, so there was not much space available. The beds are firm, so make sure that you like firm beds before booking this hotel. Check in was friendly. The room was on the small side. The rate seemed high to me at $67 + $8 pet fee, but seems reasonable compared to other hotels in Redding. The grounds were very clean. The breakfast at Lumberjacks was average. Overall, unless I can find a better deal on Priceline, we will consider staying at the Travelodge again on our next trip south.

Room Tip: If you need more space, get a room with two Queen.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ericdcpa
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I were in Redding for a writers conference. We stayed at the Travelodge hotel over other hotels because they had a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms...all the rooms. Those two amenities came standard. That was important to me because we would be in Redding a whole week. I also liked coming back from a busy day at a conference to an immaculate room. The cleaning staff did an amazing job...so much so that I left a tip. I have never left a tip before. For the continental breakfast you are given vouchers for an off site restaurant called Lumber Jacks. It is a good drive but we felt it was worth it because we got a good breakfast instead of just the usual sparse continental breakfast. We were on the second story and found it quiet. I appreciated the on site laundry facilities and free Wi-Fii. All in all it was a great experience.

Room Tip: They have some good web rates and the conf. rates.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie58467
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My husband and I have stayed here on 2 occasions, March and May. First time was pretty good except the toilet had a little visible (and smell) urine rolling down the side, nothing that a few lysol wipes can't fix. The bed is not very comfortable since we are used to a softer king size mattress, (plus, I have back problems) they only have queen size beds. They had a VCR in the room, I thought that was funny, oh well.

The second stay, I asked for a room downstairs since I have fibromyalgia and stairs can be hard for me sometimes. The first room they gave us smelled like someone had been smoking in there all night. I really hated to go back and request a different room, they gave me the room right next door. It also smelled of smoke, probably because it had an adjoining door. The only other room they had was upstairs, I was a little disappointed but I'd rather walk upstairs than smell smoke. This is a smoke-free hotel, not everyone wants to abide by the rules, I guess. The breakfast is about 3 miles away at Lumberjacks, it's great breakfast, but it's a little out of the way. There is a Mcdonald's right up the hill if you need something fast to eat. They also offer a little bag with yogurt, granola bar, etc., instead of the $3.50 off at the Lumberjacks restaurant.

What I like is the front desk staff and maids are very nice, and they speak clear English. The rooms are pretty clean. It's very quiet. At most hotels you can usually hear what's going on next door.

All in all, this is a decent place to stay and I will stay here again. I just hope I don't get stuck with a room that smells of smoke, since they seem to be booked every night. This would be your best room for the price:) Can't beat it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank highwaystar5
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stopped here for a single night on a 2-week road trip.

Check in was friendly and efficient. Our room was on the second floor which was great. Room was definitely clean and comfortable. We had a lot of bags though, so we took up every little nook and cranny. I'm sure if we booked a room with 2 beds, that wouldn't have been a problem...but that was our own doing.

We were given a voucher for breakfast at a 'sort of' nearby Lumberjack's. If I had to complain about anything, it would be having to go elsewhere for breakfast. An on-site continental breakfast would have been more welcome. That said, Lumberjack's was good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McInMe
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We stayed here again and as usual is just as nice as the first time 8 years ago. A group of us stay there at least twice a year and as aways the Hotel is very nice. The staff is great all speak ENGLISH and Have smiles on there faces, and if you need anything they are there to help you. Rooms are clean and and comfortable. Great price for the value of the room and to top it all offthey give you a certificate for breakfast at a very good local restrant. You cannot go wrong with this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Overall the hotel was clean, staff friendly and location wonderful. I would stay here again if no Hilton Hotel was available. I don't get the positive reviews on the beds. It was like a platform on springs. My husband was miserable but I slept ok. The pool was cool for our liking (I have a 6 year old). The set up was weird. We had a small fridge and microwave between the bathroom and the sink. There is NO WAY to get ready for a day and have any privacy. The breakfast being at another location was questionable but ROCKED. That Lumberjack place is worth the stop on the way out of town.

Room Tip: Elks convention didn't stop us from sleeping.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family