Travelodge Redding CA
Budget Inn(Redding)
Travel Inn(Redding)
Shasta Lodge(Redding)
1,725 results
All reviewslumberjack restauranttravel lodgesleepy bearfree breakfastfull size refrigeratorthai restaurantgranolaroom was cleanminute drivebreakfast optionssundial bridgeparking lotcoffee makerhot breakfastair conditionerwe've stayedsacramento river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Wow!!! This Travelodge is definitely the best in their chain & definitely the best gem of Redding. Cleanest, brightest, quietest place we have stayed. Under $70 and worth every penny. My wife researched this thru Trip Advisor and glad she decided on this place. Roomy with very comfortable queen bed, small table with 2 chairs still left a lot of space to move around. Cherry wood armoire for TV and small dresser next to it. Very classy look to the room which you would expect in a $100 plus room. Free breakfast at a local restaurant that they are connected with even though it is a few miles away. We opted for the breakfast bag of goodies they give you at the front desk, consisting granola bar, yogurt, applesauce, craisins and a capri-sun drink. Great value, great location, GREAT motel. Thanks Travelodge Redding, we will return when we need a place to stay in Redding, CA.

Room Tip: get an early reservation for this motel as they sell-out often
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JerryAttrix
Reviewed 8 September 2011

It is important to me and my family when we travel to have confidence in the places that we stay. The Travelodge in Redding, CA on N. Market is one we have stayed at many times over the last six years. Sometimes it has been just myself; others my wife and I; others my grandaughter, her friends and two dogs. Each time we have been very comfortable and confident knowing it will be clean, safe, reasonably priced and quiet. We
always receive very courteous service from the time we make our reservation to the time we check out. Our need for the place to be dog and family friendly is of great help here. We found it interesting of the choice of breakfast in the morning (either a sit down near by restaurant or a prepared and healthy bag to go). Since we like to get right onto the road when we leave we almost always choose the latter. Having the microwave and fridge in the rooms is a good plus for us. Having the outdoor heated pool and the indoor whirlpool is great. I remember the first time my grandaughter, her friends and I stayed there (she was 7 then) she was elated with the room and the amenities. She is 13 now and we always stop there when we are passing through Redding. We have never had a problem with parking even when towing a utility trailer. Sure, the inn is off the highway a few minutes but worth it for the quiet and ease of entering the downtown area. We will be stopping there again.

Room Tip: Folks, just tell them what you need and they will do their best.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was. Very clean, no problems with checkin. We checked out the pool and wish we had more time there. The only bummer was how far the breakfast place was, although it was good food and good service. Good thing we didn't try to walk there, it was a few exits from the motel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Kuidaosumi
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at Travelodge Redding for two days to visit Shasta Dam, Lake Shasta Caverns and McCloud Waterfalls. It took about 4 hours driving from Berkeley. Good size room with air-conditioning, a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Free and fast wifi in the room. Free breakfast from a menu with 7 options at LumberJacks restaurant few miles from the hotel. Customer service is good. We enjoyed walking from the hotel to The Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay with a map provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HBMan98
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Other motels in Redding must be dumps for this place to merit such hyperbole. In truth, I only stayed in Redding once before, in the era before the Internet and Tripadvisor, and that place really was kind of a dump.

Anyhoo, I'll tell you about my stay here. This is a 2 story motel, with outdoor hallways and stairs, built around a parking lot and located next to a gun dealer. Zero ambiance. The parking lot seems to have exactly the same number of spaces as the number of rooms, and this is a problem. I arrived late (after 11pm) and had to buzz the night clerk who was bit groggy, but otherwise pleasant. By the time I pulled in, there was only one parking spot left, where I had to squeeze in-between 2 giant UHauls overfilling their respective spaces. There would have been one more space, but some other guest in a big pickup decided to take up 2 spaces. I was not the last person to arrive for the night, however, and there was no parking left for him. Guess he parked on the street. So, the lesson is, don't necessarily expect parking if you arrive late.

The room, with one king bed, was superficially clean, but one corner near the bed did smell like pee. The bathroom was clean and had nice fixtures, though the ceiling tile was old and had a jagged torn-out hole where the fire sprinkler came down through.

The room was also small. So small, in fact, that the microwave was on the bathroom counter and the mini-fridge in front of the bathroom counter, leaving the counter a bit cramped. The TV was the an old CRT-type, and took up even more room. I was surprised that there was no clock on the bedside table. Maybe there's an elevator, but I didn't see one. If you have trouble with stairs, make sure to request a ground floor room. The decor was nothing to speak of. Furniture was as cheap as possible, but in good shape.

You get a free breakfast at Lumberjack's restaurant or, instead, a snack bag. Keep in mind that the restaurant is 5 miles a way! I like to brush my teeth after I eat, so if you want to do that at this place, you'll have to drive 10 miles round trip to do so. Most people probably stay here on their way to somewhere else, so it's not especially convenient to have to drive across town to eat breakfast.

if this is the best Redding has to offer, then I'd say there's an opportunity in this town for someone who wants to open a new motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family