“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

When I had to find a hotel really quickly in Redding, due to the birth of our first grandchild;
our son-in-law suggested the Travelodge because he heard that it was voted the Best in Redding! The price and the location were perfect for my 2 1/2 week stay while I cared for our daughter and grandson who lived nearby.

Being in the Travelodge Redding for such a long time, I got to know the staff very well; they were all so friendly and helpful! I even met the owner who I saw late at night in the reception area with a sewing machine, repairing bedskirts and bedspreads for the rooms! What a labor of love!

The "bag breakfasts" were perfect for my eating style; how convenient!

I've stayed in other hotels in Redding, but this is by far the best. I felt very safe there, too.
I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I've stayed at a couple of places in Redding but this hotel is my favorite so far. Great prices, decent location, free parking. The pool was even heated in December! We started off with a standard queen room that reeked of cigarettes. Keep in mind that we booked a non-smoking room. When we informed the staff of the problem, they promptly moved us to a double queen room that had a fridge, microwave, sink, and a cooking range. No dishes or utensils provided, though. Having slept almost exclusively in king size beds for years, it was a bit of an adjustment sharing the queen size with my partner. I don't think this property offers king beds. Not only does this hotel have good room prices, included in the price is a breakfast at Lumberjack's restaurant, the downside being that it's about 3 miles away. If you don't want to drive, visit Lim's restaurant next door, which is open for breakfast and serves Chinese and American fare throughout the day. Very much walking distance to the Botanical Gardens and the Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay. The hotel features washers and dryers on site for only $1.00 per load, plus they sell Otter Pops at the front desk for 25 cents!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room and see if they can offer a double queen with kitchenette. There is a St...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I don't normally write reviews but lately I'm seeing more & more Lodging facilities with substandard conditions. The economy has taken its toll on many a business, which it isn't a surpise to see this type of cost cutting going on. However, while I wasn't expecting much different from a stay at the Travelodge, I was so impressed by how clean it was, I felt the need to take the time to share this with others:)

This was a great value for the price. I will be staying there again.

Cheers,
Joe

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Obvious pride of ownership and management is evident. Good bedding and a real hot breakfast at a sit down restaurant. Not a Holiday Inn Express but cleaner than some I have stayed at. A real good value and stay. And I travel 5 days a week so I have come to know what to expect. This place is far above average for the brand and class of motel.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank gkinaz
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned fairly well, but there is not any spare space. The microwave and small fridge are after thoughts, and are not well placed; microwave on the bath counter and fridge on the floor in front of the microwave making either difficult to use. Stayed 2 different nights in 2 different rooms. Shower in both was hard to adjust...was either freezing cold or boiling hot and seemed to change temperatures on its own. Heater in both rooms was very noisy, and temperatures fluctuated up and down. I'm not sure what the rave reviews are about unless every other place in town is really substandard. It's not the worst motel I've ever stayed in, but it's not above average in my book.

Room Tip: Arrive early. Parking is limited and the spots are tiny.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lee w
RTL, Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Redding Travelodge has just recently upgraded our entire property to new Pillow Top Serta Perfect Sleeper Concierge Emerald Plush mattresses. They provide cradling comfort with the additional upholstery layer while still feeling the benefits of proper back support. If you stay with us you too will love them! We also are upgrading all of our pillows. None of our over 30 free amenities are after thoughts. We have made sure all of our rooms have fridges and microwaves as well as ironing boards, coffee makers, and many more free amenities. We have a full time maintenance man on property who handles anything that might come up. If told about an issue in a room we do our best to fix it in a timely manner. We do have limited free parking but no matter what we will always find you a place to park. Please let the 280 plus reviews show you that if you stay at the Redding Travelodge you will be WOWed!
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

After trying a few other hotels in the area, being dissatisfied and doing some research, we gave the Travelodge, Redding a try. It turned out to be quite good in every aspect. Great staff, very nice room and great bath design. The place was very clean and inviting. Add the breakfast voucher provided and it's a no-brainer. Try it... you'll like it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
All the staff at Redding Travelodge are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We want to be a stand out hotel not only in Redding, but in all of your traveling. We are so close to many attractions in Redding including, but not limited to, the Sundial Bridge, Shasta Lake, Shasta Dam, and Burney Falls. We work together with Lumberjacks to provide a complimentary sit down breakfast. We hope to see you the next time you are in Redding!
Redding, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Twice now we have put up employees here, who have come in from out of town. One for 5 days, the other for 8. They have raved about this place. When we were 'courting' one of these employees, we put him and his family up in a much more expensive, big name hotel. After staying at this Travelodge, he told me we were wasting our money anywhere else. They both raved about the breakfast vouchers and year-round heated pool. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
We are known as a very family friendly hotel but reviews like this one show that we are perfect for the business traveler as well. With our amenities that include, but are not limited to, free wireless internet, free local calls, and a business center, it makes it a perfect stop for anyone traveling on business. We hope if you are looking for somewhere to stay during your business travels you pick Redding Travelodge!