“DO NOT SPEND YOUR $$$ EVER”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Schiller Park, Illinois
“DO NOT SPEND YOUR $$$ EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I traveled all the way from Chicago, IL to Redding, CA for a law enforcement thing....and had to spend a night there just to be ready for Monday....and it was a horrable....! I traveled with my husband who came along, just s I am not driving by myself. We arrived at Travelodge around midnight, and were leaving early in the morning. I explained to the front dest Lady that I am myself a police officer but from Chicago, and am entitiled to 10% discount. Well, the Lady at front desc acted like she is doing me a huge favor by "renting" me a room. She changed us $90, no freaking discount at all....! Fine I swallow that crap only because I've had traved 3 days with me car and was very, very tired. Th room that I was given was on the 1st. floor, yes it was clean, but the TV was probably older than me...it only had few channels, and 20 min. later we were ready to sleep. Just when we turned lights off, someone above us was doing a "party" that loud that it was shaking the walls all over....Upset, I went to that front desk clerk, and told her to do something or we are leaving. Again, this Lady looked at me as I was asking her to do something "special" for me...which made me even more mad.
6:30 am, I had to leave and ask for the "breakfast" that was supposably "included"....well guess what....they said that their breakfast was located like 5 miles away up the hill...that was compleat rip off....! So with another words we had no breakfast...bearly rested at all...and spend $90 for nothing.

I will never go backk there.
I've traved and had never spend that much $$$ for such "attitude"...! Anywhere I've been so far I've never felt so miserable as that night in Redding, CA

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
If you read the over 350 other reviews you will see that what this traveler stated is not the norm at the Redding Travelodge.

I was in the office when this specific guest checked in and it was before well before 11 p.m. We do offer a 10% discount for police officers, but we do ask to see an I.D. just like we would for AAA or AARP. The guest couldn't provide this. All she could provide was paperwork stating she had an interview with the police office. The front desk clerk just stated and I quote "I will give you the discount this time, but next time we would just need to see a police I.D." The clerk did give her the discount. The room the guest checked into was $100 + tax so $90 + tax is a little over 10%. The guest received the last room that night which was on a weekend in the summer. It was also a room with 2 queens and a kitchen.

When the guest came in about the guests above her we promptly called the guests and let them know to quiet down. They had just checked in and they assured us they would.

The breakfast is explained at check in and it has directions to get there as well. It is a short 2-5 minute drive from the property right off of interstate 5 at Lumberjacks. Lumberjacks has been voted by the locals as the #1 breakfast spot in Redding. Offering this complimentary sit down breakfast allows us to offer you a better quality breakfast then we would be able to on property. We also have a breakfast to go option for people not wanting to go to Lumberjacks that includes a breakfast bar, juice, yogurt, and applesauce.

Read the other great reviews on TripAdvisor and make Redding Travelodge your next lodging stop in Redding, CA.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was by far the hotel with The most amenities for the least amount of money our ten day stay in Northern Cal! We used it as a base as we traveled to Lassen Volcanic Park and National Redwood Forest as well as other locations in the area. The breakfast while not on site was free and worth the couple minute travel. The microwave and refigerator we requested were so helpful in providing some reasonable snacks and beverages duing our stay. Coffee in room and shelving for food items such a welome bonus! Guest services were prompt! Away from noise of freeway. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is simple - everyone was pretty much correct - this was a great choice, and for the money you could do a lot worse.

Now then, as for noise... there are rooms well away from the traffic - so ask for them!

Also - The breakfast credit voucher for Lumberjacks: it's a really nice place, we liked it, but it's two exits south via the freeway so take that into consideration.

Good Job Travelodge!!!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms would be the upstairs back corner rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

The room was huge! Bed sooo comfy! The best nights rest I had in 2 weeks!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was very pleased with my 7 night stay here. The staff were very helpful and answered any questions I had. The room was spacious and cleaned to a good standard every day. Breakfast is included at the Lumberjack's Diner which is a 5-10 minute drive so you will need a car.( The breakfast is good ) The room(a corner room) I had was also quiet and i was not disturbed at night. The room was spacious with a kitchen area and a good size fridge.The bed was comfortable.Good value for money and I would definitely stay again......Keith

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was impressed that the Redding Travelodge provided organic, free trade coffee to make in the room. It is refreshing to see some corporate responsibility...FINALLY. They even little packages of toothpaste. This hotel was a good value - nothing super fancy, but clean, convenient, with a fridge and microwave in the room (VERY important). Also, they give you a voucher for breakfast at a local restaurant - much better than the usual Costco muffins and bagels provided at most hotels of this caliber. Overall, we were very satisfied with this hotel - one of the best for launching your adventures in Lassen or Shasta area parks.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Grundy County, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

might be easier and quicker to just list stuff, instead of weaving each thing into a story.

things I noticed:
1. the bed was made every day in an elaborate way, like how you might experience it in a more expensive room.
2. the air conditioner kept the room comfortably cool during a couple of days that cleared 100 degrees. I had even checked one of the filters, which was clean.
3. there were two refrigerators, one big one and one little one.
4. the furniture was also a step up from the typical motel fare, with comfortable cloth cushions.
5. the shower head had several adjustment settings; there was a rubber floor mat with a clean towel to put over it; the water pressure was always high, and the water never got cold.
6. there was toothpaste, shampoo, etc. provided.

I felt bad for not leaving a good tip because I was out of cash, and had to leave for the airport. This kind woman made the bed each day.

Also, the manager—forgot her name—actually ran and moved her vehicle out of the parking lot so that I could have a place to park my car (learned later that I could park in the one striped lane if the lot was packed). Travelodge Redding had no vacancy that weekend.

Based on what I am used to experiencing with the average motel chain—including a mediocre Travelodge in Oregon—I was very happy with Redding Travelodge.

Room Tip: the second floor is better
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo