“Great Place to Stop”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 14 December 2008

While driving from Oregon to Southern California, we stopped for the night at the Travelodge in Redding, where we had stayed 3 years ago. It was two miles off the Interstate 5 freeway, so you have to drive a little after getting off the freeeway. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Everything in the room was clean and looked brand new. We stayed in an upstairs room near the lobby. It was quiet. We were given a map of the immediate area. We had dinner at the Applebee's Restaurant ,about 10 minutes away. There were many other restaurants in the area to select from. The meal was delicious! There were many choices and the prices were reasonable. The Travelodge also made an early check-out very easy. The next morning we took advantage of the complimentary Denny's breakfast (they give you the voucher when you check-in). It was just the right amount of food for us before getting back on the road. The Denny's Coffee Shop was two off-ramps down the freeway, and was easy to locate immediately off the freeway. We would highly recommend the Travelodge in Redding!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank Ohana1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,691)

Reviewed 8 December 2008

I was in Redding for a basketball tournament my son played in and this hotel was 2 miles from the high school. It was even closer than that to a very charming downtown area. There were several restaurants in a one mile radius. It was very quiet, very clean and very affordable at $61 with an AARP discount. The manager was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. You must call an 800 number for the reservation. You can get the phone number from their webpage, but you can't book a reservation from their webpage.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank mikaelsen
Reviewed 3 December 2008

We drove from Southern California on our way to Seattle, WA. We arrived after 11:00 p.m. The room was so comfortable, clean and cozy. The service was great and the staff very pleasant. It's obvious they go the extra mile.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SoCaltoPacNW
Reviewed 16 November 2008

We were looking for an inexpensive motel and you get what you pay for. This is an old motel, the walls were paper thin, you could hear the TV next door and people walking upstairs. The room was very small and had a cleaning odor or some type of odor that was offensive. On the plus side it appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. I would rate this Travelodge as a one star motel. When going through Redding on our trip back we stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelor50
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I had to go to Redding, had never been there, saw online the list of usual suspects (chain hotels), and before my browser crashed, I had a quick glimpse of a favorable rating and a special nightly rate. So I called the Travelodge directly, spoke to a very nice young lady, told her my friend and I are both seniors, have no idea how to choose among all the chain hotels, but would like someplace comfortable, within walking distance of preferably the older part of town, if there still was one, and required only a coffee-maker and a feeling of comfort. She gave me a feeling of assurance, with the added bonus of a refrigerator, and the rate I saw online.
We were completely satisfied, and will stay there on our next trip. The desk clerk AND the handyman both answered freely when I asked them where THEY liked to eat (food is very important to us!). And their recommendationsw were all good. They offer a coupon towards breakfast at Denny's, not nearby, but also offered a very nice little bag containing yoghurt, juice, and a granola bar, which was very well thought out and satisfying. Also close by we found a donut shop with the best old-fashioned donuts I have ever tasted.
Unlike so many of the other chains, this was NOT located right on Highway 5, and was a short walk/drive from the Sacramento River and the old downtown. They have a very nice little sign in the room offering things you might have forgotten, rather than loading up the room with little bottles you don't need. And my discovery that I forgot my shower cap elicited one within a few minutes. And whatever brand of coffee they stock for the coffeemaker was delicious. Best of all, they are all nice people who work there, as were the people who we encountered in the restaurants. We were lucky, satisfied, and we will go back!

3  Thank SanFranciscoJoanne
Reviewed 7 November 2008

Stayed here on a tour of California in September, no complaints found the place to be great value for money and the reception staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Gripminster
Reviewed 20 October 2008

This was our most wonderful experience at a hotel bar none! The management, maintenance, and cleaning teams do an outstanding job. The rooms are big and clean. I cannot say enough about what a wonderful stay we had at the Redding Travelodge. I have and will continue to highly, highly recommend the redding travelodge to my family, friends and business associates.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank faithfitness