“The Redding Travelodge has been my home away from home for many years.”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Olympia, WA
“The Redding Travelodge has been my home away from home for many years.”
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I have been staying at the Redding Travelodge at least once a year (sometimes more) for about seven years. Even though I have family in Redding, the Travelodge appeals to my desire for privacy. It is located near the Sacramento River, which boasts a world-class bridge, Turtle Bay Nature Park, the city park and an abundance of walking and bicycling trails. The management of the Redding Travelodge has always been willing to accommodate my special requests, such as allowing a moving company to access the premises for a consumables pack-out for my overseas posting in Africa.
They also maintain a safe and structured environment which discourages wild parties and potentially harmful situations. The front desk and cleaning/maintenance staff are always friendly and professional. The rooms are always squeaky clean and efforts are made to upgrade them regularly. I will continue to stay at the Redding Travelodge because the level of service is consistently excellent and it is good value.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Tapskram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Away from traffic and yet convenient to restaurants. Travelodge has come a long way since my first visit some year ago. I will definitely stay here again. The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holohologuy
RTL, Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, 28 September 2009
To continue with our free sit-down breakfast we have switched to Lumberjack's - Voted Redding's #1 breakfast for several years in a row. Some liked the Denny's offering and some didn't. We use to offer the Miner's Cafe' but they went out of business a few years back and we've been in search of the best breakfast offering we could find.
Guests refused to settle for the standard fare most hotels.motels offer. And as many of our guests have stated in therir review, it just a short drive. Less that 3-5 minutes and positionally located for quick freeway access regradless of you intended direction. Hope this brings clarity. Oh, by the way portion sizes are made for a Lumberjack!
South Dakota
Reviewed 19 September 2009

After quickly checking out of a substandard hotel, we saw a sign at the Travelodge "#1 rated in Redding!" I thought to myself "according to who?!!" I am delighted to say that it was far superior to the "other" place. The room was comfy and came with a full size fridge which was great for our 5 day stay! I had never visited tripadvisor.com....but now, I won't stay unless I check out the reviews!!! My lesson was this: Not all hotels are created equal! Just because it's wonderful in your hometown does not mean it's wonderful elsewhere! Thanks for the heads up! Oh, and the staff was fabulous! Very friendly! Made our stay quite delightful! Plus you received a vochure for a free hot breakfast. You did have to drive to the resturaunt but that was ok with us!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank snowangel_73
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We just completed a 3 day and 3 night stay at Travelodge Redding, and it just could not have been better unless it was free! There just wasn't anything not to like about this motel, and I can see why it is a TA top-rated place.
One of the best parts about staying here is the coupon you get for breakfast at the Lumberjack restaurant. You can pick one of their specials (on the coupon) which makes it free, or get dollars off an item ordered off the menu. One of us would do one, and the other one of us would do the other...and breakfast ends up being less than 6 bucks! These gals look like they work real hard, so since breakfast was so cheap, i tip them really good.
We stay in a lot of motels across the continent; I just wish they all tried as hard as this one.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank golfsierra47
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 26 August 2009

If there's a better $80 deal in northern California, I haven't heard about it. The Redding TL is everything you could want for the money. Friendly check-in, nice wide-parking berths (if you suffer from "new car syndrome"), well lit public areas, scrupulously clean rooms, comfortable beds.

Is it the Four Seasons? No. Is it built like Fort Knox? No. But for $80 there is no reason to expect that it *should* be either of those things.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank nigel777
roseburg, or
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We went to play at the Water Works water park, and stayed at the Travelodge. We were traveling with 4 teenage boys. They really enjoyed the pool, it was clean and large enough to have fun. It is difficult to find a motel for 6 people, and Travelodge could accomodate us, with the Sleepy Bear room. The rooms had a small full size fridge, that was great. Our daughter stayed in a room with 2 beds and she also had a small full size fridge. The rooms were clean and modern. The staff was helpful and nice. The breakfast coupons helped out quite a bit. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank kjmRoseburg
San Diego
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My brother lives in Redding and he told me people in Redding recommend this hotel because it has good value, it's clean and it's easy to find. I was very happy because it was all that and more - clean pool, indoor spa and gym equipment, a laundry room, nice lobby couches, easy access to downtown, and a free breakfast at a fun restaurant nearby. My room had coffee, frig and microwave. I have paid more and gotten less at hotels in LA. Redding is a pleasant surprise, too. Lots to do.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family