“This is one I'll remember - will be back!”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Earlier in the year, we had stayed at this establishment and were less than pleased with the accommodations.

We were contacted by Stephen Jones, Operating Manager, inviting us to give them another chance. The opportunity arose in October being that we were coming to Redding to watch our Grandson's football game. Being that this Manager took the time to address our concerns, we felt that we would give this Travelodge a second try.

We were not dissappointed. We were completely satisfied with our room, the cleanliness, the comfort and the service. There isn't an on-site continental breakfast, but that wasn't a necessity for us.

On our next visit to Redding, this hotel will definately be our choice!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
RTL, Former Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2009

Well this will be my last response as operations manager for the Redding Travelodge. What a good review to depart with.
It has always been my desire for almost 5 years to offer the guests that stay with us the best value for their lodging dollar, while giving them clean rooms and the best customer support and service we could give.
To this guest in particular, thank you for your kind words and the second chance to regain your confidence. It means alot to me that you let us know where we missed the mark. You then also allowed us to respond and address your concerns. More than anything else, you came back and allowed us to show you our best side. This is a great property and the ownership here has been excellent to work with.
Though I will be traveling on within the Wyndham Hotel Group, I'm sure that Kevin, my long time - hard working assistant, will make an excellent manager and will serve you and all others well in the days ahead.
To all the guests that have blessed me by entrusting me with your lodging needs here in Redding, I hope our paths will cross in other Travelodge and Howard Johnson properties.
To Tripadvisor and it's staff - thanks for a great tool and service for guests and the hotels they stay in.
Yours in Service,
Stephen R. Jones

Reviewed 7 November 2009

This is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in a long time. The bathroom was cleaner than other places I've stayed. I like the fact that the whole facility is 'non-smoking'. The arrangement with the breakfast at the "Lumberjack" restaurant is a very nice addition.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I travel I-5 almost nonstop and I stay at at least 4 hotels each week. I'm somewhat choosy about my food and where I sleep. I am always looking for a clean comfortable place to stay and yet I refuse to pay over one hundred dollars a night to sleep, in my case about 6 hours, and most of the time I am not in my room very much outside that.
I' consider myself a savvy traveler and an avid user of he internet. So, I search for place to dine and place to stay in any given area where I know I'm heading. I use the online travel site to find my information and get an idea of the rates from all their information. I use to book through them but found too many issues with where they sent me or what information I found wasn't the true picture of what I found when I would arrive. Then came Tripadvisor! What a wealth of information and it was coming from people who actually stayed at hotel or motel I began using the information I got from the online travel sites, combining it with the reviews and information off the local forums and had a better picture of what to choose from. That is how I made my reservation with the Travelodge in Redding, California. The rates seem consistent with the online sites. The rating for the lodge was very good and the dialogue between the travelers and the management was a pleasant surprise. I call the property direct to ask a few questions and the young lady I spoke with who turned out to be the person who checked me in, Janie, was very helpful and kind and I made my reservation then and the rate was the same as what I found online, so I booked it right then and was able to get an upstairs room!
All that to say this, I received excellent service and the whole stay was pleasant. The room I had was great. It was like being home with all the extras. They even had some deal with manufactures that they are able to free samples of a wide range of products, what a great idea. The staff is to be commended, they take pride in their hotel and it shows. Lastly, the other travelers I spoke with at the spa were so nice and it too made for a pleasant stay. Thanks to all those that told me about this place. I hadn't written a review before, but I too will share my thumbs up and those place to avoid in the future. Hope this helps you..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
RTL, Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2009

How can you mention my responding to other guests and not reply to your positive comments. Thank you for your kind words and know that they mean a lot and I have shared your post with our staff. We can say nice things about our property - we're suppose to do that. But when guests speak well of the property and the staff it means alot to us and more to those seeking a quality place to stay that offers value for their lodging dollars.
Congratulations for being our 150th review on Tripadvisor, one of the 121 reviewers that have rated us either, Very Good (21) to Excellent (86.) See you next time.

Reviewed 19 October 2009

We decided to stay at this location based on the reviews, but other than being a very clean hotel, it really does not have much to offer. This facility is rather far away from the freeway, and if you take advantage of the free breakfast, it will take at least another 45 minutes of your time. So, if you are planning to grab a quick bite before jumping back on the road, this motel won't fit the bill. It is a rather old facility with some minor updating. For a low priced motel, this is a clean stop with a friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 October 2009

Stayed next door the night before and was disappointed. Saw the sheer number of cars and the thought I'd give it a try. What a pure pleasure from the friendly staff to the ease at check-in, everything was great. They suggested several places to eat and we decided on Pio Loco from their recommendation and it was very good food and close to the hotel.
I got as room with a queen size bed and it had a fridge and microwave no cost. The bed was very comfortable and the room as a whole couldn't have been better (maybe a nightlight.) My partners rented a room with two queens and they said to that everything was very nice and the price with a hot breakfast at a nearby restaurant was well worth it. I travel 3-5 nights a week and the people here take pridein their hotel and it shows. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We were amazed at this place! The great service, amenities, and cleanliness were remarkable! We stayed in other hotels before and this one came out on top of our list. We really did get WOWed! I recommend this place for all to stay at!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

We're glad we WOW'ed you. We have made it our purpose to give more than what the guests expects. We may be only a two star, limited service, economy property - but we want to be the best two star, limited service, economy property you've ever stayed at and it looks like we did that for you. Thanks for noting it and mentioning it to other travelers so they will know what type of property we are. Hopefully we will WoW them too.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Traveled here for the "Big Motorcycle Weekend." Arrived at the hotel after 6:00 p.m.. Check in was fast with no problems. The desk clerk met us with a smile and was very helpful. We changed rooms once with no problem as we wanted to be close to our motorcycles.

The room was very clean with no smell of cigarette smoke in the room as the hotel is a "NO SMOKING" hotel.

The only thing I did not care about was their web page advertises billow top beds and the double room with queen beds did not have them. The beds in the room were very hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were to thin as far as I was concerned. When the front desk clerk was asked about the beds, she said the double rooms do not have them. Hopefully, the next time I decide to stay there, they will have them in all the rooms.

Also wanted to say the pool was very clean and the workout room and spa was very clean as well. The Cleaning staff were also very friendly.

The breakfasts are at the Lumberjack restaurant and it is a great place with large meals. During the weekdays they have great half price breakfasts. You can't go wrong.

Internet access was great and the best part is it's free.

Would I say here again, Yes.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
RTL, Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Thanks for your kind words and we're glad that you will return. We are 'biker friendly" and appreciate having you stay with us.
Thanks for noting our property has 100% Non-Smoking rooms and a few limited and designated smoking areas Prop. 65 and overall quality of stay necessitated this move for us.
I was a little concerned over any web advertisement mentioning our beds. Our own webpage doesn't share that little secret yet, nor does Travelodge list our property with the beds. There great matteresses and Word is getting out, but we're not advertizing it yet due to the very reason you mention.
Our "NEW" Pillow Top Serta Perfect Sleeper Concierge Emerald Plush mattresses are in about half our rooms at present and the balance will be added soon. They provide cradling comfort with the additional upholstery layer while still feeling the benefits of proper back support. You’ll love them! At present we have do have some softer beds in other rooms. Check with us and we'll place you in the room where bedding has been upgraded. Most of our remaining rooms have a quality firm or semi firm Simmons or Serta mattresses.
Also, we are upgrading our pillows; a different pillow has been ordered that will be a better quality replacement and a good great addition to not only our new beds, but our bedding and linens are scheduled to be upgraded also. I wanted you to know that the ownership of this property is committed to put money back into the property and increase the overall value of those staying with us. As management we know there's a lot of choices for lodging out there and we what to remain yours.