“A great value”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed 21 November 2010

A happy find on a long road trip. Nice comfortable room with everything we needed. Showed up without reservations and got an excellent rate. Amazing value, as the free breakfast was at a locally popular restaurant. A nice choice of food, and we enjoyed the experience. (I think another breakfast option is available for those who don't want to drive a half mile south to the restaurant.) The Travelodge is near an entrance to an Arboretum. A path through the gardens leads to the river, the Sundial Bridge, and a cafe and museum beyond, a nice surprise to us.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dayle F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 21 November 2010

We spent one night at this travelodge and found it to be clean and comfortable, bit of a pain having to carry our heavy bags up the stairs as we were in a first floor room and there wasn't a lift.
We thought the breakfast would be closer and wondered where on earth we were going but followed the instructions and it was well worth it, the breakfast at Lumberjacks was excellent.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I'm a grandma and stayed here with my two grandaughters, 5 & 7 for a couple of nights while we visited nearby Turtle Bay and Mt Lassen. I was a little freaked about the bedbug report by a recent reviewer, but there was not a live insect in the place, inside or our so I can only assume they took care of any problem. The room was BIG, the beds were 5 star comfy, things were SPOTLESS (cleaner that I have seen at luxury hotels); we even had a full kitchette and that was handy. It is in a quiet area of town so good sleeping. The staff was helpful and friendly and the free breakfast a short drive away at Lumberjacks was very good, It was such a good value that I kind of felt guilty!! I would recommend this place to anyone and certainly will stay here again!!

2  Thank MandragoraMaggie
Reviewed 18 November 2010

This is my second stay at this Travelodge. I like the cozy feeling as you enter the parking lot. Everything was waiting upon check-in. It was a breeze. The clerk knew how to move it along quickly, something I always appreciate. The room was clean and comfortable for my one night stay. I especially appreciated the touch of them calling to remind us of the time change. After a hectic day it was a relief to not have any worries.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

The reviews were a primary reason I chose Travelodge, and at first glance, everything lived up to what we expected, not the ritz, but more than adequate for the price. The bathroom was very clean, the mattress looked new, I slept pretty well...until I woke up with bedbug bites. They must have loved me, my husband had none.
When checking out, I told the clerk, and she commented, "we just changed that mattress, too!" Obviously there was a reason the mattress had to be changed. They were proactive, it seems, but not thorough enough. It was room 250, in case you're checking in. Avoid that room, and any nearby, above or below. I canceled my next reservation for the return trip home and stayed in Red Bluff an a unique B&B, the Jeter Victorian Inn. Another experience, but in a very, very good way!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjArtist
RTL, General Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

I too have mixed feelings, mine is about the review and the negative impact such a review has on a business that has worked very hard to be a "Quality Designator" with Travelodge and a proud member of the Wyndham family. This designation is rare. It is given for highly maintained standards of quality and cleanliness. Not only that but it combines a service element that is taken from various metrics of service and surveys from our guests. Just as we have over 200 reviews here on TripAdvisor which show a clear pattern of exceptional guest satisfaction. This is who we are. An economy property that shoots higher than many in our sector.
Reality: We have NEVER had bed bugs The mixed felling I have this review is on one hand we were clean and the other she had this "issue." The review's bed bug statement is false, misleading & defamatory. It has negatively affected some business, but not those who know us. We’ve never had bed bugs. How do we know, we were one of the first property's that began passive & daily inspection, we have a contracted service assuring, isolation & eradication if ever needed. Tossing the bed wouldn't work. All the rooms surrounding such a find would have to be isolated and treated. This guest would have to be treated and everything with her collected and isolated. Almost certainly this guest would bring home the bugs. We would have had an infestation and by this stage be in full fledged attack mode against such critters. But, this is NOT THE CASE. What did our guest experience? I honestly do not know. I don't know their travels. I don't know where they had been. Where they visited, what they did. I do know we have had no issues in the room they stayed in or any of the other 40 room on our property.
We're clean with no bed bugs, but bed bugs aren't limited to clean or dirty properties, they can be found in any 5 star also.That is why it's a "must" to have a plan and procedure - a process, to make sure daily you don't have a problem. We do this for our guest protection as well as our own - I live on property, it's my home. You guys are my guests and that's why we do what we do.
In our management responses as in all our dealings - I shot straight and tell you the truth. We we had such an issue we would address that with the same forthrightness.
As for the beds, we changed our beds not due to bed bugs, rather guest satisfaction and our current brand standard which again, we were out in front of the standard and began replacing beds well over a year ago, "NEW" Pillow Top Serta Perfect Sleeper Concierge Emerald Plush mattresses - doing this even during the recession - Why to provide comfort for our guests. That is what our front desk person was saying,
Assumption, self diagnosis and a review not based in actual fact is now one that we have to respond to, seemingly defending ourselves against something we don't offer - when people love us for what we do offer, Value, Cleanliness and great customer service.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

Clean, comfortable place to stay. Great value for money. Free wifi in rooms is great. Only negative is there's no restaurant on the premises, but the hotel does give you coupons for breakfast at Lumberjacks!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jules568
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We stayed at the Redding Travelodge with a wedding party. All together, we had eight rooms. All of us were impressed by the accuracy and professionalism of the front desk. I had several phone calls with reservations about changes in our number of rooms, types of rooms and number nights. They were unfailing polite and 100% accurate in keeping track of our needs.
The rooms are not fancy. This is a middle-tier motel, not a 4-star hotel. But everything was clean and in very good repair. The air conditioners worked great! The housekeeping staff did an excellent job cleaning around all our wedding paraphenalia.
We used both breakfast options. The breakfast grab bags were basic, but nice. Everything was packaged nicely and was nicely cold and fresh. The breakfast at "Lumberjack's" a few miles away was great American diner food, and we were treated kindly and felt welcome though we used only our free vouchers.
Just for accuracy, the rooms are a bit small. And the beds and bedding have not been upgraded the way some middle-tier motels are starting to do, but they weren't bad, either.
The area is quiet, and the view of the hills from the pool area was a beautiful bonus. All 17 in our party decided we would definitely stay there again if we have a chance. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2010