“Nice hotel, no continental breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Redding, United States
“Nice hotel, no continental breakfast”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at his hotel, however I will probably not stay there again because the only option for breakfast is a $11 breakfast buffet. There is no continental breakfast or menu for single items.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Caroline P
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. We do have a limited continental that is available,,,please let me apologize that you were not aware. I will address that with the team.
Have a wonderful summer and please give us another chance to wow you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
League City, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had another good stay at the HGI in Redding. Room was clean, they extended my stay by a day and awesome cook to order breakfast !!! The staff was very courteous and recommended a nice place to eat downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Well, ANOTHER good stay means you are one of our incredible guests that are here often. Thanks!! We sure appreciate you..so, did you know we broke out the new lunch/dinner menu today? Let us know what you think!
Mentone, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before. Glad to say that the excellent service we received the first two visits is the same. Excellent staff, clean and quiet rooms. No issues. Everything worked as it should. The waitress in the restaurant was very good and attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
It's always nice to get feedback from our guests...but it's awesome to share with the team when our guests have had a great stay! Big thanks!! I share on Tuesdays so you earned me some smiles from the team tomorrow!
Come see us again soon..and have a wonderful summer.
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived after a long trip and were exhausted the staff greeted us with a biscuit, which was delicious, they checked us in quickly and helped us to our room. The room was big, spacious and quiet, the pool is nice and even though the gym is small it worked well. The hotel has amazing breakfasts and is very accommodating (such as being careful when cooking foods for people who have allergies) they have a wide selection of foods,and are relatively cheap about $12 for breakfast (all you can eat). What made my stay was the staff they were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you (by the end of the stay they knew us by name). The hotel is a little bit away from town so if you stay there you will need a car. Overall the stay was great, highly recommend it as the place to stay when visiting Redding.

Room Tip: The river is situated at the back of the hotel, so try and get a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hannah N
Well that view gets them every time! Isn't it incredible? Sitting up on the bluff sure has it's advantages..as does our location. We like being a bit off the beaten path. So quiet at night and super peaceful outside. Please come see us again..and have an awesome summer.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I travel every week and rarely write reviews but this hotel's employees are way above Par. Tracie at the front desk was very helpful on numerous occasions. The dining room staff, Bette and (forgot your name but I gave you a teasingly hard time and you were funny/nice gentleman). You both took very good care of me and catered to my whim. To the breakfast lady that always had a smile and recognized me. The food was great and I mostly ate the dinner specials. You wonder how a small restaurant grill can put out such fabulous food but they do. Kudos to the chef. My room was cleaned very nicely. I can't think of one negative aspect.
They obviously hire very well and retain their staff. They must treat the right. So kudos also to management.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if available, but next time I go I'm going to see if there are rooms with views...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank micachino
Yes, yes, yes...there ARE rooms with views! Just let us know you need one when you make your reservation. Thanks so much for the nice comments. I can't wait till you return. We are breaking out the new menu this Thursday and the choices are awesome. Hurry back!! And big, big thanks.
Merced & Crescent City, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My boyfriend and I absolutely love Hilton Garden Inn in Redding! It was recommended to us by some friends and it is now our "half-way" meeting point. The staff has come to know us and that is a HUGE plus! We have not been there since December, yet when we walked in during this last stay, we were greeted by just about every employee there! I would love to recognize several of them for their friendliness and helpfulness: TRACI at the front desk (didn't even have to give my name at check-in and she came around to give us both hugs!), and I believe the other young lady who was at the front desk was DIANE (she was very friendly and remembered us too!) SUSAN (who we didn't get to see this visit and we were very disappointed because she is wonderful but she was on a vacation with her grandkids!), BETTIE from the restaurant (saw us in the lobby and come over to give us hugs) and she was our dinner server and we had such a great time with her! STEPHANIE (yet another friendly face who recognized us and was our lunch server! She even knew what we would order!) We love your hotel BUT your staff makes it even more welcoming, almost like a home-coming for us! If you are able to, please recognize these staff members because they do go above and beyond their calls of duty! We enjoy staying at your hotel AND we even love staying there for dinner and drinks! The friendly staff allows us to relax and feel at home, the food is delicious, and we can drink without worrying about driving....we simply walk to our room! Now, if I could suggest just one thing......and it has NOTHING to do with your staff......maybe change the menu every few months.......we so miss your potato skins!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Julie P
Wow..do I have news for you!! New menu rolls out 5/14...AND it has potato skins!! So..pack a bag and come see us!! We miss you!!
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Room 318 was roomy, airy and quite clean, with nice furniture. I'd like to give this 2.5 stars, though, as the bed was bad.

We paid for an upgrade to a view room, but did not have a view of any of the surrounding mountains... Just trees and grass (better than a parking lot, I suppose).

WIFI was really slow.

The bathroom was spotless, with a nice selection of complimentary toiletries.

The bed was horrid. It was saggy and unsupported on the left side, which was 3 inches lower than the right side of the bed! The other side was firm and level. Apparently, they put two mismatched single beds together to make a king bed. Fine, just use two good beds when you do that.

• Stayed April 2014
Yikes! I'm so sorry your bed was not up to your expectations! Please always feel free to contact the front desk...they can give you some awesome tips or send a maintenance person to assist! The hotel unfortunately is not situated to get a view of both the river and the mountains at the same time...but I agree...that would be awesome!
Please come see us again...and thanks for the review.