“A Solid Choice and at Convenient Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Alexandria, VA
“A Solid Choice and at Convenient Location”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Immediately adjacent to I-5 (at exit 675), the Hilton Garden Inn offers good accommodations at reasonable rates. The wifi service is excellent (and free for members of the Hilton Honors program as is the breakfast buffet). There are also free cookies and copies of USA Today at the registration desk as well as all-day free coffee and tea in the lobby. Of particular interest is the free shuttle service to and from the airport. The staff at the registration desk was especially helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Solid? You called us solid? Wow, thanks!! What a nice comment to share with the team! We have a team meeting on Tuesdays and I take the laptop to read comments. We call it
Trip Advisor Tuesday....I often wish the guests that give us nice compliments could see the smiles from the team when things like, solid, clean rooms, friendly staff, great food are mentioned. Each department gets such a lift for the week.
Thanks for assisting me with these kudos!
Come see us again...and soon!!

Carol and team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel about two weeks ago. We were immediately impressed with the beautiful and well groomed grounds. We then went through the front doors into a beautiful lobby and restaurant area. Everything was very nice and clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We went up to our room to find a gorgeous view of the river. We weren't expecting a view like that, so it was really a nice way to end the day. The room was very clean and fresh. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but it was busy and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. There is also a cute little bar near the restaurant. I am sure that if we ever get back to Redding, we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Yep, we agree...that view if the river is outstanding. So glad you got to enjoy it! We always smile because the best view is available from the fitness center!! Guess that was planned as motivation.
On behalf of the team, big thanks! It's nice to know that our guests leave with smiles and a wish to return. Next time you're here we'll direct you to some of the awesome places around Redding..it will amaze you!
Again, thanks!
Salinas, CA, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is our hotel of choice in Redding. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the beds are adjustable over a narrow range of firmness, the pool is nice, and the views from the river view rooms are beautiful. Excellent accommodations at a reasonable price. We'll be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Well, thanks!! And we can't wait for you to return!! Love our return guests..it means we're doing things right and that's important to the entire team!
So..having said that...hurry back!!!!
We miss you already!

Austin, TX
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I sometimes travel to Redding for business. This hotel is pretty close to the I-5, but I requested a quiet room facing away from the hwy and was not bothered a bit by traffic noise.

Pros: Lovely quiet rooms, comfy beds, and an on-site restaurant that offers both dinner and hot breakfast. The ladies working the check-in desk on the evening shift couldn't have been nicer, were very friendly, efficient. The maid did a fabulous job; the room was immaculate!

Only one con (which keeps me from giving hotel an "excellent" rating: The cook (young man wearing a beret on his head) working the breakfast shift has a bad attitude. When I handed him my breakfast order I said, "Good morning. How are you?" to say hello/break the ice. He responded "Tired!" with a scowl on his face. Okay, I get it. He was having a bad morning or was up all night partying/hung over, whatever. But I found his response/demeanor rude and unprofessional. And after spending hours driving across Cali in the hot sun to reach Redding, I frankly had zero sympathy with a staffer whining about how tired he is. McDonald's French-fry cooks are friendlier, more pleasant.

Note to surly cook: If you hate your job so much, quit. No one will miss you. In this economy, there are tons of other people who will happily replace you. Note to HGI owners/mgmt: If you must retain immature, rude staffers, pls. keep them working behind the scenes, washing dishes or cleaning rooms, otherwise they do a big disservice to the hotel venting their gripes/negativity in public.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for you helpful and kind review. Please let me assure you that your review was immediately shared with our executive chef and proper action was taken. This is totally unacceptable and I thank you for calling it to my attention.
That aside, thanks for the great comments. It's our return guests like you that make us what we are. Please give us another chance to make this right...let me know when you arrive next visit.

Carol
Redding, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hotel was clean. Most lobby clerks were friendly and responsive. Cost of Breakfast Buffet was a bit overpriced for what was offered. Lobby was clean, good sized and good coffee was always available. I might stay there again. =)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. In this busy world it means a lot to the team to know they have been recognized. I do apologize that your stay was only average...we shoot for the perfect. I do hope you have another opportunity to visit and let us have another chance to wow you...

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is right off of the freeway, so it is convenient. There is nothing around the hotel besides a gas station & fast-food restaurant. The hotel is clean. One of the few complaints I have is that the cooling system is very noisy and I could not sleep... I tried to turn it off, but then it was too hot and had to turn it back on. Another one is that though I am a gold member of HHonors, they did not acknowledge when I checked in and I had to tell them that I should be getting the choice of free breakfast or extra points...which normally they should be telling me about....

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I do, however, apologize for your less than perfect experience. I have used your comments regarding your check in as a training opportunity to our front desk staff. The month you visited us we had a 98% occupancy. I think we may have just gotten a bit lax here and there. I, again apologize that it was with you.
Have a wonderful remainder of the summer.
Yorba Linda, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn based on reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. As usual, we were not disappointed. We did not have the opportunity to check out all of the amenities as this was just a stayover on our trip to the North West. The room was comfortable, clean and very quiet. A great bonus for us is that they have a very nice on-site cafe. We ate both dinner and breakfast here, which saved us a great deal of time and effort looking for restaurants. Again, especially since we were looking for a solid/clean place to stay for the night. I highly recommend the Garden Inn and have already made reservations to stay there on our trip back home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Carol M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Redding, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Ok, Jerry..so let's make a deal...I promise the same great experience on your return from the Northwest...if you'll PLEASE bring us some of that rain and cool weather!! Not sure how you're going to pack it up..but we could sure use it!
So glad your visit was a great one. We love our restaurant and are very proud of the meals we serve.
Looking forward to your return visit..and please travel safely.